Newbie Saturday 03/06/23 PM Sweihan Trip Report.

All reports about trips and events
Kamran143
Marshal
Marshal

Newbie Saturday 03/06/23 PM Sweihan Trip Report.

Post by Kamran143 »

We met all on time 3:30 pm at Sweihan wedding hall parking. After briefing about safety and regarding trip level we moved to sweihan gate 12 deflation point.

The convoy comprised following members:

1. Lead Kamran 143 Marshal.
2. Marshal Irfan official Support
3. Reji Mathew Support. (Expert)
4. Rahul Palanchery Second Lead (Intermediate)
5. Strocifer (Alexandre) Official Sweeper (Intermediate)
6. Karam1988,(Intermediate)
6. Gagan and Shinuameen (Newbies)

Thanks Marshal Irfan, and Reji Mathew for your support. I gave newbie briefing with Marshal Irfan about level of trip and tell about safety. After briefing We moved to sweihan gate 12 deflation point. After setting up the convoy order Rahul second lead. Marshal Irfan and Reji Mathew on sides and around the convoy. Strocifer Official sweeper. We start our drive towards south side dunes and than turn to East. We had few second tries and no stuck in whole trip we did steep descend and climb most of medium and small dunes of that area. Thanks Marshal Irfan for your Technics and tips for all the drivers to climb and descend from large and medium dunes. We took some breaks and continued our drive towards East area after the gatch. Me and Marshal Irfan decided to give part lead to Reji Mathew on the way when we return to sweihan BBQ point. Reji took the lead and chose good and easy track with the support of Marshal Irfan. We ended trip at 7:30 pm. All drivers performed well and drove excellent. Rahul did solid second lead and Strocifer performed good as sweeper with clear communication about the whole convoy. After the trip we (Marshal Irfan, Me, Rahul, Karam, Gagan, Reji with Sheena sit for chit chat.
Thanks Marshals Irfan, Reji Mathew for your presence and great support to my trip.
Hope to see you all again in future trips.

Kamran
Kamran

strocifer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Newbie Saturday 03/06/23 PM Sweihan Trip Report.

Post by strocifer »

Thank you for the organization of the drive. It was a very pleasant trip, with some nice descents on the back of the dunes: on such slopes, it reminds me of skiing :)
And thanks for the watermelon before the drive back to Abu Dhabi!
See you soon on the sand,

Alex

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reji »

Many thanks Marshal Irfan and Marshal Kamran for giving me a chance for part lead in newbie convoy. The trip was nice, easy track but challenging. All drivers did well. What I noticed on this trip; the drivers  were ready to listen to instructions, tips and act accordingly. And end the trip  in a good mood. 

thanks for chilled watermelon

See you soon!

shihas
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by shihas »

Many thanks Marshal Kamran and Marshal Irfan, wanted to take a moment to thank you both for your support on our recent convoy. As a newbie I really appreciate all the help and guidance you provided. specially appreciate the time you took to brief me on safety and the trip's level of difficulty. Your tips on how to climb and descend dunes were also very helpful.
Rahul, Reji, Alexandre was also given a great support in the convoy.
I had a great time on the convoy, and I learned a lot from the team. I am looking forward to ride with you guys again……..
Thank you again for everything!

Mohammed Shihas (Shinuameen)
Last edited by shihas on Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Post by irfpk »

Thanks Kamran for organizing another wonderful evening trip. Thanks everyone for joining and looking forward to see you in future trips.

Gagan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Gagan »

Thank you Marshal Kamran for this amazing trip, your briefing about safety and trip levels gave us the confidence we needed to tackle the dunes with enthusiasm. It is always a great learning experience with you. With support from Marshal Irfan and Reji this was truly a memorable one.