The Twilight Drive

All reports about trips and events
Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

The Twilight Drive

Post by Eagle »

We all met on time except one member who came late. After safety briefing to the drivers, the convoy order was set up as under:

Myself (Lead)
Ghiasg (second lead)
Suresh
Chinmay
Omer Salam
Andrea
Adil (Sweeper)

We started our track from the underpass before gate 12 entrance and tried cover most of the big dunes while progressing towards the west side of gate 12 to drive around all the big dunes of the area. There were lots and lots of tracks left behind by other Offroaders, so resultantly our ride at the start was quite bumpy.

Gradually we moved towards the eastern side covering most of the big dunes of the area and practicing side slopes. Later we stopped enroute to Nagara for Magrib Prayer and some watermelon break.

After it became dark, we set out towards Nagra. But before that had a quick safety briefing again with all drivers due to night drive. We then started towards Nagra and once reached there, due to so many tracks in the area, it wasn’t a very good experience.

Anyway after spending few mins, we decided to head back to the deflation point. We finally reached the bbq point at 9.00pm. Overall everyone drove very well and we all enjoyed in the great company of each other.

Ghiasg thanks for being solid second lead and Adil for watching our back.

Thanks to all for joining this drive. Hope to see you soon on sand.

UMAR
056 2933123

ghiasg
Advanced
Advanced

Re: The Twilight Drive

Post by ghiasg »

A fun drive having the experience of day and night. Thanks to Umer bhai for organizing the trip and giving the opertunity for second lead, tricky track with dry and wet areas with many deep tracks. Thanks for all the fellow drivers and support by Adil Bhai.

Sureshartl
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Sureshartl »

Thanks Umar Bhai for organizing the trip to get both day and night experience ....It was great trip with nice team. Thanks Umar bhai for watermelon and sandwiches and Ghais bhai was nice coffee. everyone drove very well and as always it was new learnings . willing to see everyone on next trip.

adilabid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adilabid »

As usual another wonderful drive with Umar Khan. This is now my 2nd twilight drive with him and the change from late afternoon to a night drive makes it such an enjoyable drive (especially around Maghreb time).
The start of the drive was fabulous with some big sloping dunes resulting in a fast and quick transition between various slopes keeping all drivers engaged and activated.
As already highlighted above the closer we got to Nagra the more messier the tracks became but as usual this always results in a good fun for us.
The timing of the drive was perfect as we were able to drive throughout the course with our windows down - temperatures are still excellent in evening times.
Umar was also fantastic in keeping the convoy updated with potential hurdles or challenges ahead on the track which meant we could be prepared with our vehicles for the situation ahead.
I am extremely grateful to Umar for giving me the opportunity to be a sweeper on his trip and to continue to practise my communication skills during the drive.
Skills displayed by all drivers was excellent and we didn’t have any stuck or recovery situation.
The highlight was definitely the watermelon and coffee being offered. Definitely got us set-up for the night drive. To finish it off we had a great interval towards the end where we could sit under the night sky and enjoy the stars with our lights off. Memorable way to finish this trip.
Thank you once again Umar bhai for organising these excellent excursions. Hopefully we are now done with Nagra so can look at exploring new areas 😊👌. Can’t wait for your next drive. Stay safe and enjoy the sands 🫶

adilabid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by adilabid »

Pics during our drive
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Eagle »

Thank you all for your positive comments and I am glad that everyone enjoyed!