Mid Day Cruise Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Mid Day Cruise Report

Post by Uristier »

Sadly our intermediate member thabit and the two newly registered members Amro Abu Yousef and Fadimaarouf who registered for the trip with a promise did NOT show up at the meeting point. They also forgot to call. :oops:

We left the meeting point to meet with Bluiser and desert_hawk’s guest in Sweihan. After passing the gate we turned right into the dunes… without deflating the tires. All managed to follow me to the deflation point; well done.

After deflation and a short briefing for the three remaining cruisers we continued our journey. With only minors “slow downs” and a good pace I slowly increased the driving level. Challenging terrain and tricky spots were the highlights of the first “section”. All did very well. Once in a while some decided to “practice the fun twice”.

Cresting and side sloping were predominant in section two and again all mastered this part with flying colours.

Finally we made an on time arrival at the exit gate, pushed the air back into the lower part of the tires and returned to civilisation.

Thanks to all for making this a relaxing mid day cruise with excellent company. Now I have to close this report to prepare for Liwa. :bye2:
Cheers
Uristier

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Mid Day Cruise Report

Post by desert_hawk »

Thanx Urs for a wonderful trip
Me, my guests and my son enjoyed it all
My son is already asking me when is the next trip with "uncle Urs" after an exciting 1st trip
My guest will register with the club and try his 4x4 with us, especially after the nice sand shower I gave him ;)
The trip went on with an exciting pace from the 1st minute to the end
Thanx Pumukl for a smooth sweeping, thank u all for the nice company
Hope to meet u soon on the sand
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

pumukl
Advanced
Advanced

Post by pumukl »

oh yes! it was a great trip :D :D :D
good pace, nice spots and great company!

thanks to all of you guys!

Urs, have fun in Liwa, I enjoy the internet access at the airport before boarding....
Going to Europe....bbrrrrrrrrr ....not funny :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bluiser
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluiser »

Hi Urs,

Thank you for a great trip on Friday. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The faster pace and sideslopes were awesome (at least to us relative newbies). When we did get stuck I can only blame driver error on my part, not fault of the vehicle. It was a terrific learning experience to see what a "Blue Cruiser" could accomplish in your expert hands.

Thanks Pumukl for reliably being always on hand and calmly assisting/advising us at those more challenging spots which we didn't quite master on the first pass. Thanks also to Desert Hawk for finding those challenges and demonstrating some of the pitfalls before we arrived at them.

Hope to see you all again soon.

BTW - we have a few pics to upload/share but I think you need to open a new gallery first(?)

John & Leah
Bluiser - the Blue Cruiser.

Things are never so bad that they can't get any worse!