Report-Intermediate++ with 3ammo Tawalbeh N Bu Tais

All reports about trips and events
Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Report-Intermediate++ with 3ammo Tawalbeh N Bu Tais

Post by Tawalbeh »

All met on time and drove to one of Bu Tais entries south.

Was a clean soft sand and the level of driving was challenging where every one did a great job :okk: :okk: . Few stucks here and there that made the fun bigger :D . We had very nice times in between and laughed a lot in those mandatory beautiful breaks. The weather was sooooo :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: nice.

At the end we used one of the Exits on the Truck road where TurkishRider drove east to Al Ain and the rest drove back to Abu Dhabi.

Special Thanks and Salute to Mamoun and Fauzi who took the initiative and responsibility to take Bluiser’s tyre for repair to Al Khatim and get it back to where we stopped in the sand. This really reflects the real spirit of AD 4X4 :ad4x4: :ty: :ty:

Thank you all my friends Fauzi, Mamoun, NissanCpasule, TurkishRider, Bluiser and all of your lovely passengers. I really enjoyed the day with you guys. See you again on the sand soon…

Albume is already created for this trip in the photo Gallery

Cheers :)
Last edited by Tawalbeh on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Intermediate++ with 3ammo Tawalbeh N Bu Tais

Post by mamoun »

thank you soooooo much tawalbeh for such a nice trip it was really amazing my brother loved it so much as I did...
thanks every one for the company it was nice chatting with you all see next week
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Bluiser
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluiser »

Thanks Tawalbeh for a really great trip. Our guests, Leah and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The learning outcomes were significant but the dunes were the best. It was a pleasure to meet you all. Special thanks to Mamoun and Fauzi for undertaking the mercy run to get our tyre repaired. When we got to the Al Khatim tyre shop at the end of the trip we removed and cleaned our problem tyre. A few hundred grams of sand was removed from inside the tyre so no wonder we had the second leakage problem after the initial popout was repaired.

I have uploaded some of Leah's pics to the gallery. However the total number of photos was large. Consider these as our initial selection and we will aim to post more later. If anyone has special requests for pics not yet posted, or would like higher res versions, please PM us (Bluiser).

I am off now to the Toyota dealer to buy an LC "spare wheel key device", and then to check sources for internal bead locks and a tyre valve installation tool. I will be looking at SecondAir beadlocks ( http://www.secondair.com.au )

Cheers

Bluiser (John and Leah)
Bluiser - the Blue Cruiser.

Things are never so bad that they can't get any worse!

Bluiser
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bluiser »

We have now uploaded a few more pics.
Bluiser - the Blue Cruiser.

Things are never so bad that they can't get any worse!

Fauzi
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report-Intermediate++ with 3ammo Tawalbeh N Bu Tais

Post by Fauzi »

Dear Mr Marshal Tawalbeh,
Nice track you chose. The timing was perfect with mild weather and quiet location. I had with me Sun who I hope had enjoyed the trip at the back and some stuck demonstrations by ME (and self recovery plus lots and lots of "shovel"ing).
Really enjoyed few bowls and tested my Airbus A380 to its limit.
See you later guys.

NissanCapsule
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report-Intermediate++ with 3ammo Tawalbeh N Bu Tais

Post by NissanCapsule »

Thanks Tawalbeh for a great day out.

Great to meet new and old faces with great weather.

As you know I was beating myself up for not bringing my tyre valve puller and stanley knife having left them in my other car and toolbox. I am pleased to announce that I have since found them and will now stay in the Capsula permanently.

This would have saved 1 hour or so, and Mamoun and Fauzi heading off to a tyre fitter. Anyway it was a pleasant time sitting in the great weather.

In the evening back at Khatim while Bluiser was having the 'Bu Tais sand' taken out of his tyre I asked Leah and David to take photos of my
bonnet badge so I can make a new avatar (yes I know it is very nerdy).
We were getting some strange looks from the workers watching the activity :)

Thanks very much for your efforts. Now just got to decide which one to use :)

Look forward to seeing you out on the dunes again.
Manual Anti-Locking Brakes (ABS) - 3 pedal pumps/sec depending on my reaction time on the day.
Manual Hill Descent control (HDC) - Low gearbox and don't touch the accel or brake pedal.
Manual Traction Control System (TCS) - removal of foot off the accel pedal when needed.
Manual Stability Control System (ESC) - Detect and minimise skids preferably before they happen.
Oh and Manual Gearbox! Although I do have electric windows, mirrors and Power Steering - ooeer :)

2" EMU/King Springs Lift kit, Exhaust details withheld.