Al Ain Airshow Family trip- report

All reports about trips and events
Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Al Ain Airshow Family trip- report

Post by Gladiator »

Thanks Smiley for the nice trip although we reached at last 30mint from the show but BBQ was nice!!!

I was waiting on Abdoush to share his BBQ with me.. he was in front of me all the time until BBQ time then he is gone...
next time will not recover you even if you scream in Abu Dhabi Radio & TV :lol: :lol:

I loaded my pictures... so please do share your pictures with us..

Thanks everybody and see you next trip..

:mrgreen:

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Gladiator wrote:
desert_hawk wrote:
tillybean wrote: I stayed up the back with Lars and enjoyed watching everyone and assisting on a couple of stucks.
Lars was with us :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: was it his ghost or i didn't see him, although he's not that easy to miss :lol: :lol: :lol:

think Sam was too busy to write so she cut & paste from a different trip which Lars was in it :lol: :lol: :D
:oops:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Gladiator wrote:
desert_hawk wrote: I stayed up the back with Lars and enjoyed watching everyone and assisting on a couple of stucks.
Lars was with us :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: was it his ghost or i didn't see him, although he's not that easy to miss :lol: :lol: :lol:

think Sam was too busy to write so she cut & paste from a different trip which Lars was in it :lol: :lol: :D[/quote]
:oops:[/quote]

This is a media thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

zabata

Post by zabata »

Dear All,

I would like to thank you all for organizing such an amazing community.

It was my first participation in your club, frankly speaking, i didn't expect it will be well organized and such a friendly environment.

May be i didn't have the chance to introduce myself to most of you, but i will make sure it goes well next time.

Special Thanks to Smiley, who invited us for this lovely trip and bared my questions (as i was not used yet to know what comes from where on your website).

My regards and appreciation to Mike (My Convoy Leader), Kathrina ( for her help and leadership), Woodpecker (Tough guy), and Emad (white FJ , i can't figure out his nick name) ...you really made my day.

I just hope that i didn't disturb you, or caused any unintentional delay.

i have some photos to load..will try to share them tomorrow.

Hoping to see you all again...

ZaBaTa
Many are made by History , But Few make it!

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

And now you have a star Zabata because you were a good boy :mrgreen:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

zabata wrote:My regards and appreciation to Mike (My Convoy Leader), Kathrina ( for her help and leadership), Woodpecker (Tough guy), and Emad (white FJ , i can't figure out his nick name) ...you really made my day.
ZaBaTa
And now I have a new name...Emad :twisted:
Welcome to the club Zabata, my name is Mohammed, nick name Desert_Hawk, hope to see you soon on the sand, you did very well.
If you want an advice regarding the radio or anything else before buying, better than wasting money, more than happy to help.
Mo
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Juergen
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Juergen »

Thanks Smiley for organising this huge trip.

It was my first lead and it really feels different to drive in front of a convoy. Finding the right path is one thing, but to keep an eye on the group and the right pace is something different. Therefore a big "thanks" to the group. It was not always easy but the group was great and all did very well. We stayed in the higher dunes and kept on heading towards the "meeting point" Here and there we found some play areas and some tricky spots but nothing too difficult. Some stucks were recovered by different team members who showed there skills in no time .
Same as the other groups we found ourselves in front of some camel farms and had to go back to the higher dunes and approached the airport from the northern side. As we could not find the other groups at the "meeting point" we tried different spots until we finally reached all the other groups. There we had some nice chats, coffee, cake and much fun.
Big thanks to Idoumou to be the second lead, Burkard and Pumuckl for sweeping, recovering and good advises and everybody else for joining and having a good time.
Hope to see you soon again.
Juergen
Where there's a will, there's a way. - The journey is the reward. - Proud to be AD4x4 Marshall!

Moe
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Moe »

Hi Smiley,

Thank you for the great trip to Al Ain Air show.

Thank you and thanks for the all Marshals :cheeeeers:

Moe.
Do What You Like...Like What You Do
----
2005 Blue kJ
----
Mohamed Marwan - Cell # 050/7311 805
Moe@ad4x4.com

lighthunter
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by lighthunter »

Big thanks to Smiley for a great afternoon.

Special thanks to MooD for a well done and "gentle" ANIT trip arrangement.

Cheers

zabata

Post by zabata »

iguana wrote:And now you have a star Zabata because you were a good boy :mrgreen:
awesome...thanks...:)
wish i can get the full mark soon:)
how would l i know more about ranking?

zabata

Post by zabata »

desert_hawk wrote:
zabata wrote:My regards and appreciation to Mike (My Convoy Leader), Kathrina ( for her help and leadership), Woodpecker (Tough guy), and Emad (white FJ , i can't figure out his nick name) ...you really made my day.
ZaBaTa
And now I have a new name...Emad :twisted:
Welcome to the club Zabata, my name is Mohammed, nick name Desert_Hawk, hope to see you soon on the sand, you did very well.
If you want an advice regarding the radio or anything else before buying, better than wasting money, more than happy to help.
Mo
Dear Mohamed,

i am sorry , but the fact is that i have a very short memory:)
but no worries...will never forget your name again...

I appreciate your help, as you advised,i will got for a Motorolla with American frequency(is there any store you recommend in ABu Dhabi?)

and for the deflating tool, i am still using the ordinary needle, and i am interested to buy one like you are using... agian i forgot the name of the store:)..sorrrryyyyyyy:)

cheeeerrrsss

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

zabata wrote: Dear Mohamed,

i am sorry , but the fact is that i have a very short memory:)
but no worries...will never forget your name again...

I appreciate your help, as you advised,i will got for a Motorolla with American frequency(is there any store you recommend in ABu Dhabi?)

and for the deflating tool, i am still using the ordinary needle, and i am interested to buy one like you are using... agian i forgot the name of the store:)..sorrrryyyyyyy:)

cheeeerrrsss
Dear ZaBaTa,
Relax, no need to apologise, you'll have time to remember all our names at a later stage ;)
In regards to the radio, 2 options, either you buy good quality from Iguana, Motorrola, a pair for 600. Or you buy much cheaper but quality not as good from dragon mart, no shop in AD I know of.
For the deflators, ARB is the shop, they are expensive though, my advice is to go out in few trips with us before deciding so you will see what's available and what suits you more.
You are welcome any time my new fellow AD4x4ers ;)
Mo
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

For the radios, I bought a cheap one first via Dragonmart in Dubai, and then got the Motorollo via Antrax/Iguana which work really well.

For the deflators - I bought the first deflator (the one with the gauge) first but struggled, and ended up with the set of four that you can pre-set and then just screw onto each tyre, but agree with desert_hawk that maybe you could try someone's and get a feel for which will work for you.

Here is a link about how to progress in the Club : http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5859

See you in the sand soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

zabata

Post by zabata »

Desert Hawk and tillybean,

thanks for your advises, i will go for Iquana's, i shall consider quality and compatibility.

For the deflator, i previously tried lots of methods(even the primitive ones), and i liked the idea of new one which is shown in the second picture.

I goona buy one today:)

Ranger
Marshal
Marshal
Location: Abu Dhabi Location coordinates : N 24° 20.879’, E 054° 29.416'

Post by Ranger »

Thanks Smiley :D :D and all marshals who participated and lead this event, special thanks to MOOD :D , IMAD :D who led our convoy.

ME & My family had a lovely day from the beginning to end ...... again Thanks Smiley for the nice trip

Thanks everybody see you very soon in next JEEP Jamboree trip.. :D :D :D :D
Celebrate The Madness