Mountain and Wadi exploring trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Mpenzi

Mountain and Wadi exploring trip Report

Post by Mpenzi »

Many thanks for those who joing the trip.Enjoy your comapny and was trully very nice trip.
The Abu dhabi group joined up at Mahawi Petrol station Some guys did not showed up due to personnel reasons so Petrol Eisa and My self started the trip at 10:00 AM heading for Dubai and then to RAK.
We Joinned with Dubai group, Cris,Phil and Ahmed at 11:30 am we manage to beat the traffic headed for Exit 119 on E311 and Amit AND his family joinned us as well.
We hit the mountain and drove all the way to the top.The weather up there was very cold but we manage to enjoy the view.So we drove back and commence looking for a nice spot so we can spend the nite. But before that Christ manage to tag a wooden log s we can use for camp fire.
Eisa and Ahmed left us as they have to return home.

The night was nice and peacefull. We BBQ,The Biriyani was spice but nice, Lamb chops cooked nicelly on lazzy fire and Finally we relax and gather our self around the biggest fire we managed to make.
Morning of Saturday we started very slowly after a nice Tea and coffee, Phill left earlier as he have to catch up with some work.
We exlore three wadi trials and the villages and farms lands are ammazing.
As the time passed away we diceded to hit home but commenced Sand trials. Amit continue home. me and chriss we drove the last 10km on sand and loved it.

Again Thanks for your wonderfull company and bear with me on those wadi trials.

Main Areas of Interest.
Beutiful Moountain and panoramic views.
Mountains Farming - Terrace farming
Gravel driving
Wadi trials.
Camping
I will up load some pictures in our gallary.
Last edited by Mpenzi on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Mountain and Wadi exploring trip Report

Post by tillybean »

Sounds like a great trip.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Mpenzi wrote:Many thanks for those who joing the trip.Enjoy your comapny and was trully very nice trip.
The Abu dhabi group joined up at Mahawi Petrol station Some guys did not showed up due to personnel reasons so Petrol Eisa and My self started the trip at 10:00 AM heading for Dubai and then to RAK.
We Joinned with Dubai group, Cris,Phil and Ahmed at 11:30 am we manage to beat the traffic headed for Exit 119 on E311 and Amit AND his family joinned us as well.
We hit the mountain and drove all the way to the top.The weather up there was very cold but we manage to enjoy the view.So we drove back and commence looking for a nice spot so we can spend the nite. But before that Christ manage to tag a wooden log s we can use for camp fire.Eisa and Ahmed left us as they have to return home.

The night was nice and peacefull. We BBQ,The Biriyani was spice but nice, Lamb chops cooked nicelly on lazzy fire and Finally we relax and gather our self around the biggest fire we managed to make.
Morning of Saturday we started very slowly after a nice Tea and coffee, Phill left earlier as he have to catch up with some work.
We exlore three wadi trials and the villages and farms lands are ammazing.
As the time passed away we diceded to hit home but commenced Sand trials. Amit continue home. me and chriss we drove the last 10km on sand and loved it.

Again Thanks for your wonderfull company and bear with me on those wadi trials.

Main Areas of Interest.
Beutiful Moountain and panoramic views.
Mountains Farming - Terrace farming
Gravel driving
Wadi trials.
Camping
I will up load some pictures in our gallary.

Amazing that HE put an appearance in!! Sounds like you had fun old pal.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Wished i would have been there, but never received any sms or e-mail with meeting point and/or confirming the trip was still on. With heavy rainfall last week, i thought the trip might have been canceled as wadis can be dangerous after rain. Sounded like you had a great time, enshallah next time I'll be able to join!

BTW. Who is in charge of the SMS system? Really strange I didn't receive any, for other trips the systems always works fine.
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

desertfun wrote:Wished i would have been there, but never received any sms or e-mail with meeting point and/or confirming the trip was still on. With heavy rainfall last week, i thought the trip might have been canceled as wadis can be dangerous after rain. Sounded like you had a great time, enshallah next time I'll be able to join!

BTW. Who is in charge of the SMS system? Really strange I didn't receive any, for other trips the systems always works fine.
Evey one else received an e-mail and further I did posted the detail on the thread just incase

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Mac
Thank man.
We miss you & your family on these trips.

amit_likhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by amit_likhite »

Dear Mohammed:
It was a wonderful trip, thanks for it. My family specially my guests were delighted, it is a life long memory for them. The camp fire was one of the best. Me & uncle were sitting around it till 4.30 am & just loved it.
Thank you for the quick fix of my car fan problem.
The next morning drive was amazing, it was the trials which made the trip more enjoyable. Driving through the dry river bed was AN EXPERIANCE.
Learned a lot about driving offroad in wadis.
I hope to see more trips from you & would love to be party to it.

Thanks again for such a wonderfulllllll event.
One life is too short to fulfill all wishes, so make most of every moment!!!

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Thanks for the compliments guys. We need to improve to make these trip more enjoyable.

faragallah
Advanced
Advanced

Post by faragallah »

Thanks Mpenzi for the wonderful day, it was amazing.
I really wanted to spend the night, but things came up at the last moment, I had to leave back early, at least I had the chance to see half of it.. :)

Hope to see you again soon
If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, y is play and z is keeping your mouth shut!

Channes

Post by Channes »

Hi Mpenzi,

Thanks for such a nice trip. Time was very hectic last week, but not an excuse to say thank you.

The report exactly describes what happened and was a real treat for all of us.

Soon out with you again.
Thanks again
Christian