Midday Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Midday Trip Report

Post by Uristier »

One thought to bet he only one on time… until he found out that h was waiting at a wrong meeting point. :twisted:
Lesson learnt? Read the Marshal’s SMS correct and to the end and if any doubts call the organising Marshal. It’s better to call the marshal than missing the trip.

Another lesson should be learnt should be that if any member is arriving late at the meeting point, a courtesy call to the organising Marshal should be made BEVORE the set meeting time. You may be unlucky and may have to turn back home. :oops:

Ok now the essential is said. Three out of eight met at the meeting point on time and three other “lucky winner finally made it t the deflation point. After the briefing we started our tour. As usual some up and downs the dunes and everybody did well. Sometimes driving seemed to get boring and some team spirited drivers decided to “provoke” a stuck. Obviously just for fun and having a chance for some small talks.

I received a surprising call from our sweeper for being stuck after al cars descended a long slip face. In good manner of the AD4x4 spirit we do not leave anything behind, not even the sweeper.
I felt sorry for the fox we disturbed during the siesta in front of his home. He run away but left his door wide open.

Finally after a good and extensive tour we reached the bbq site. Good German saucisse (thank you Shorty) and nice company with great people. The perfect way to spend a Friday.

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Midday Trip Report

Post by desert_hawk »

A lovely Fri. as usual in the company of the swiss marshal and his convoy.
Thanks Urs for organizing this trip, the terrain, the weather and all in all was excellent. And for a change, i was @ the meeting point before everyone...even Urs :)

My guest from UK had a blast and my son drove his Wrangler Rubicon around without getting over heated or anything ;)

Everyone did a good job, few lessons here and there, few recovery points flying around, and as usual few bumpers did not like to stay in their place...but everyone went out happy :D

The track was nicely and professionally selected and it's a pleasure as always to sweep for you...I salute the spirit of AD4x4 that you have of not leaving your sweeper behind, especially for 500 dhs ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to go out of the track few times just to show my guest around as she wanted some more adrenalin pumped up in her system, and she even had a go with the car and managed to get stuck just to taste how does it feel after watching all the convoy from beginning to end getting their share of the fun 8-)

We had a nice bbq with a noisy show near by with a very high level of hormones raging... :mrgreen:
We headed back to the main road with a VERY DIFFICULT night drive but we managed to do it in a very STRAIGHT LINE ;) :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Nice seeing new faces in this trip, hope we see you guys soon on the sand, I enjoyed driving and chatting with everyone,

I have few pics with me and my guest, and hopefully will receive more via email, hope we get our marshal to open an album for us to upload them to.

Desert_hawk out
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

leonk2
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by leonk2 »

I had really good time and enjoyed your company and looking forward for the next one with a promise to be on meeting point on time

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

pics uploaded to the album, hope you like them
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

Hi All,

It was a great experience added to my being. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks to Marshal Uristier and to everyone. I am looking forward in joining trips to come. Thank you also for your extended tolerance in waiting for me. I will do my best to be more punctual next time around.

Cheers,
Pepsi
Drives a 4Door Black Jeep Wrangler

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

... hey Pepsi, Urs waited for you? What did you promis him? He usually does not wait for anybody :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: This is not a Hijack but a very interesting investigation since we all know Urs and need to know the secret :mrgreen:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

Hi Jo,

I consider myself then a very fortunate human being (well I'm driving a fortuner -- probably it is combined destiny of my car and her driver) that day... perhaps... unlimited. Honestly, I did not received the SMS to compliment the exact location of the meeting point (anyway I'm sorry -- I'm really late because of the preparation that day.... Toyota did my unbooked servicing in that morning...125000kms). Thanks to Leon who gave me Uristeir MP# while I am approaching junction of Sweihan-Ajabaan R/A. Another fortunate point is that DU cum ET have a quite clear signal to have good communication with our highly regarded Mashall. I'm very impressed in his handling the group. Anyway I pay for the price of being late... camera at Sweihan Rd caught me at 122kph!!! (because I drove 130-140 to catch up!!! - will be more careful next time around).

Cheers,

Pepsi
Drives a 4Door Black Jeep Wrangler

jlm00
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by jlm00 »

Had a great time, no doubt.

Location was a nice easy track, with some boring parts yes, but also some interesting areas also, very nice scenery for sure.

The unwanted guests at the picnic were annoying yes, but i guess there is not much that we can do.

That said, Thanks Urs, hope to catch you next time

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Jo wrote:... hey Pepsi, Urs waited for you? What did you promis him? He usually does not wait for anybody :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: This is not a Hijack but a very interesting investigation since we all know Urs and need to know the secret :mrgreen:
just to help you Jo in your investigations, a swiss marshal doesn't wait ;)
Uristier wrote:Three out of eight met at the meeting point on time and three other “lucky winner finally made it t the deflation point.
FJCRUISER