Mid day ANIT Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Mid day ANIT Report

Post by Uristier »

A nice cool day for a hot drive. No I am not talking about the Drag Race at Yas Marina. This is the ANIT report.
Unfortunately speedy and Eisa marked the trips as NO SHOW. No message and no call. Really bad guys. With only 90% sure to join the trip, Cherokee kept his mobile number secret so no trip for Cherokee.
Fortunately Sweihan is not a real big city and there is only ONE ADNOC petrol station. That is the reason everybody else made it on time.

An interested audience listen to the Marshals comments for the Beginners or the Absolute Newbie Instruction.

Jack (or jlm00) was honoured to be the second lead. Thanks mate, well done as a Beginner. Will certainly pick the first star for you.

At the end of the convoy desert_hawk collected the tracks so nothing was left in the desert.

And in between we all helped Scottie 6118 to remove the unnecessary part of the front bumper. This is reminded me to my first trip with Jo and Adiga. Adiga suggested removing it, I was tooooo lazy and at he third dune the job was done. You did better today and the bumper stayed on much longer. Your star is reserved and will soon blink under your name.

Our lady driver Agne went up and down the dunes and showed her skills during the short brake. Well done and a blinking star is on his way to you.

Stev did not want to miss anything and tried out some of the instruction. Great practice stev, well done and you star is ready.

McQuab enjoyed the drive in his new b.. Jeeeeep. He is the only one having no war with the star.

I enjoyed the drive with all of you. Good to see new faces with a smile at the end of the trip.

So guys and gals, your stars are being prepared to be dispatched to you. See you next time with your new blinking star.

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Re: Mid day ANIT Report

Post by adiga »

Urs, my friend , long time no see, wish to see you soon. ;)
Write the names you want to give the first star, so I can do it for you ASAP. ;)
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

As all the trips with Urs, nice terrain and lovely company.

Since I had some commitments in the evening, this was a nice short trip to have fun, sweep behind and play around in the back...just perfect.

Few stuck here and there from almost everyone, but nothing out of the ordinary, and nice demonstrations to the newbies-to-be ;)

The whole convoy was nicely syncnorised and smoothly moving compared to the area and distance covered.

I think all first or semi-first timers (different age groups and sexes) did well and and went out with great interest to have more trips on the sand and with the club...total success, and they all deserve their first free star ;)
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Airvey

Post by Airvey »

very nice trip. It was a very good introduction to the dunes. The car liked it also :)

The members were all very friendly and we had a great time.

We are looking forward for more, there is so much to discover. Urs and desert_hawk did a very good efficient job in the recoveries. I had no idea about the Snatch Straps recoveries technics; If well done, that looks very efficient. Now I know that stuck does not end with shovels :D

We did truly appreciate the time given by Urs and Desert_Hawk (Mo).

Thank you again guys !

note: I believe thisis not the best place to put the picture, but I could not find how to post it in the photo albums :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
formely known as Scottie63118

ASM Clermont Auvergne

Champion de France 2010 et futur champion 2012 (si tout roule comme prévu)