Bu Taiss for Newbies

All reports about trips and events
mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Bu Taiss for Newbies

Post by mike0967 »

I am still smiling it was such a lovely day, thank you all 8-)

But from the beginning, we met at Khatim South and left in time heading towards our deflation point. New area for some, known to be fun area for others.

Deflation, briefing and off we go, trying to make it smooth and easy, not always that easy but smooth at last. Almost no stuck, just one pop-out quickly fixed until McQuab reports to be sick, no problem we take a break. However we were in the middle of the track following an endless fence, finally yes, there comes a gate where we can sneak out.

Short discussion and Khaluf decided to accompany our sick friend McQuab back to civilisation, thank you very much for this and we all hope you get well soon again.

We others, well, it was decided to finish the trip and with only Intermediates and higher grades left decided to spice it up a bit. Same area same dunes, but driven higher, faster, more cresting more side-slopes and more playing. Ahmedhammed just got his second star and well he truly made up to it, well done.

5:30 enough playing, time to sit and relax, it was windy but yet we enjoyed. After the shisha we inflated and back to home we are.

Kieran, thank you for great 2nd lead today, you really improved a lot from last time in Madinat Zayed
Khaluf, very nice meeting you and you wife and excellent driving today
Guevara, well done today again, just be careful with you tire after the pop-out
McQuab, do not be sorry, things happen, you really drove well today and when your back on top of things it will come easy
Ahmedhammed, as said before, now you have experienced the difference first time, well done and keep it up

Last but not least thank you Gladiator, Viking and Katharina for being the guardian angels today, and I love that joke ;)

Mike

PS: some pics are uploaded, pls add some of yours, thank you!
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Abdoush
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Bu Taiss for Newbies

Post by Abdoush »

Hey guys, glad to know it was fun, sorry for missing the trip, but had some family commitments

See u all soon :)
(Aug 26, 2009) Newbie -----> Intermediate Wanna Be
(Jan 4, 2010) Intermediate -----> Advance Wanna Be
(Dec 20, 2010) Advance -----> Explorer Wanna Be
(Mar 3, 2011) Explorer -----> Marshal Wanna Be
(Oct 17, 2011) Marshal -----> SM Wanna Be (TBA Oct 18, 2013)
PROMO: (April 10, 2012) PRE-ANIT ------> ANIT Wanna Be (just for one day)
----
Karim Haider ______Mobile: 0505313456______
Proud to be AD4x4 Happy Marshal.......

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

It was an awesome trip Mike and as usual a great lead. The pace was very nice and that might explain the pop-outs but it is good practice. First time for me in that area but I will definitely return.
I was privilieged to drive on the side together with the "older man" and it was just great.
Again thanks and hope to see you all again soon.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

Katharina
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Katharina »

HI everybody,

Thanks to the great trip, special to Mike !
and to Viking and Mutasem also thank you.
And to the other people also thank you !

Take care .

Katharina :D

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

Well, Great Lead, Thank you Mike. :)
Great Sweep & photos, Thank you Katharina. My car is almost in all the pictures :lol: . will always drive near you. :D
Thanks to dear Moutassem for the driving advises, and company, and to the true Viking, Eric too.

It was one of the best trips I have ever had. The company was great, the weather was nice, the area is magnifesent and, the drive was fun. I can't ask for more. :)

I have to admite, the difference is big between the Intemediate and the Newbie trips. Some times I wondered (How is the hell I came here :lol: ) or (was that possible, Yeeah it is :twisted: ) but fun and cool in all respects. Again, thank you Mike for the above nice words. :)

Thank you all, and see you soon

Ahmed

Kieran
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kieran »

Thanks Mike for letting me be the second lead, great fun route in some really good dunes, my first time in Bu Taiss and looking forward to going back.

See you all again soon
Kieran

Guevara
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Guevara »

Mike

thanks for the nice drive. Great weather, optimal for off road

See you in the sand

Guevara
Mobile 056 1205601
X Terra Off Road 2009 - PRG 2.5" Lift Kit - AOR LED lights

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

Hi Mike

many thanks for the tour : the area was great with some very nice & tricky turns and the weather was just perfect:

indeed the trip went shorter than exspected: and finding a way through the fence was quite a task; the face of the desert is really changing and at some point a chain cutter should be part of the out door kit if you do not find the hidden key of the many gates you see out there.

the MCQuab really succumed to some stomach upset: it took him a while after some mental massage to start to inflate his Jeep: but now all thumbs ups:

hope to be on board on a new trip at full length.