Khazna with Viking - 25th Mar - Report

All reports about trips and events
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Khazna with Viking - 25th Mar - Report

Post by Viking »

Good fun as usual when you are out with a good group in a nice area.
We met at Adnoc Al Faya. Unfortunately Agne got a little lost and unable to show up but we hope to see you on the next trip. I felt bad for you really.
We moved to Al Khazna and hit the sand after the normal briefing where we decided to head towards Al Khatim. After a little warm-up session we started to have really fun in the wonderful dunes of Al Khazna with long slopes. After reaching the first waypoint I had Nikofin doing the lead while I was supervising and I must say it went very well. I think the rest of the convoy agrees with me. There was a nice flow with some challenges here and there.
We had some nice stucks and even I produced my normal stuck as I usually do when leading :-) After all - Wolle never pulled a Marshal out of a stuck before but now he has. As we say - if you dont get stuck you havent had fun enough.
We reached Al Khatim after passing by my personal favourite hill where we did some attempts to reach the top. Some made it and some didnt so I guess we need to go back. We sat down in the BBQ spot and after a while we were joined by Banna, Yehia, Sean / Jayne and their group. Good to see you guys.
Thanks to Nikofin (lead and 2nd lead) and Wolle (2nd lead), Desert hawk for sweeping in the back and finally thanks to all the members who kept the good spirit up. It was a pleasure and you all did very well I must say.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Khazna with Viking - 25th Mar - Report

Post by desert_hawk »

Thanks Eric for a real fun and enjoyable day, your lead was great and so was Nikofin's.

The track was very nice and what made it nicer was the slopes on the sides which I used to check the convoy if they were moving (the real reason OBVIOUSLY) and to have extra fun (2ndary reason).

The group was great, meeting new and old friends, and everyone had great fun.

Despite the 38C showing on the clock, everyone enjoyed the day.

Since everyone left bit early and I stayed with Banna's group, didn't have the chance to greet most of you, so CHAO and hope to see you next time.

Hope I will get copies of the pics and videos taken, don't know how but will try to sort something out.
Last edited by desert_hawk on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

jlm00
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by jlm00 »

Definately a good day,

Thnx eric for leading a nice trip, looking fwd for the next one

dessert hawk... still a bit dizzy from trying to keep an eye on you in my mirror...consider changing your name to sideslope mo, hehe

Good job to nikofin for the portion you lead

See you guys next time

Ps. you're all welcome for my 3 wheel stuck demonstration :lol:

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

jlm00 wrote: dessert hawk... still a bit dizzy from trying to keep an eye on you in my mirror...consider changing your name to sideslope mo, hehe

Ps. you're all welcome for my 3 wheel stuck demonstration :lol:
hahahaha
Will think about the nick name...thanx for the suggestion

Should we look forward for a 2 wheel demonstration next time ;)
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

omutwali

Post by omutwali »

Hey everyone,
Excellent day out on the dunes today and a special thanks to the Marshalls for all their efforts!!
It was really nice meeting all of you and Im looking forward to the next trip.

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

omutwali wrote: a special thanks to the Marshalls for all their efforts!!
Omar what marshals?!??
Did I miss something? There was only viking...right?!?! ;)
FJCRUISER

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Yes by the way - it became a bit crazy when all the cars drove by us in order to go and see the roll-over that happened close to us. We decided to leave quite fast and I realize afterwards that I didnt say goodbye to all of you properly.

Sorry for that :oops:

AND gallery is created so please upload your pictures. You dont have to upload my stuck but everything else I look fwd to see :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

sagger560
Advanced
Advanced

Post by sagger560 »

Was a great day, I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to Viking and nick for leading and desert hawk for sweeping and the coffee, i have got to say that was a really good coffe.

wolle
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wolle »

Hallo everybody,

Al Kahznah with Viking was a very nice Trip. Like I know it, Viking is able to give the Trips a very safe character. For me it was also a big challange to take second lead, I surely learned a lot. But the most important thing I learned: don't let your wife leave the car with the radio :oops: It was also very interresting to see how dunes are able to modify a Lancruiser in the way the like it. Pictures soon. At the end of the day nice company at the BBQ spot. So thanks Eric for the chance to take second lead, Mo for the pull, and all the others for the fun.

Hope see you next time

Regards

Wolle

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Nice trip indeed. I hope Mark is not missing his front bumper too much. The car looks better without it anyway. ;)

I hope someone got a really good picture from Vikings stuck.

Nice meeting you all and hope to see you soon! 8-)

(and sorry for the hasty departure from the BBQ spot!)

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

And deserthawk, your exit from the bowl was very nice indeed ;D

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

nikofin wrote:And deserthawk, your exit from the bowl was very nice indeed ;D
r u posting pics or video anywhere, want a copy if possible :D

actually i am thinking to go back to the same bowl to do it again ;) .... any one interested
FJCRUISER

omutwali

Post by omutwali »

desert_hawk wrote:
omutwali wrote: a special thanks to the Marshalls for all their efforts!!
Omar what marshals?!??
Did I miss something? There was only viking...right?!?! ;)
Mo, yourself and nikofin did a such a great job that you guys where equivalent to a Marshall on the trip! Hope my comment help your chances of getting another star for each of you! ;)

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

desert_hawk wrote:
nikofin wrote:And deserthawk, your exit from the bowl was very nice indeed ;D
r u posting pics or video anywhere, want a copy if possible :D

actually i am thinking to go back to the same bowl to do it again ;) .... any one interested
I haven't yet checked my footage from last weekend (it's about 2.5 hours long...) Anyways, happy to go out and video that bowl exit again :D

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

omutwali wrote: Mo, yourself and nikofin did a such a great job that you guys where equivalent to a Marshall on the trip! Hope my comment help your chances of getting another star for each of you! ;)
Thanks. The stars come when they come if they come. ;) For me it's about having fun in the sand, not the stars. And patience is always a virtue.