Sweihan to Khasna 1 4 2011 with Triplod

All reports about trips and events
Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Sweihan to Khasna 1 4 2011 with Triplod

Post by Triplod »

Triplod + Anne, Astroburn, Mishmumkin and Juergen met at Sweihan Adnoc and proceeded to the big dunes for some fun. We drove mainly non stop with only a break for lunch under the tree and some time to play in a bowl which also included some mountaineering to retrieve some tools (long story). Susan was breaking in her new Jeep (nothing really broken) and did really well for a first time Jeeper. Astroburn tried his hand at life coaching (how not to end up dead down a dune)
Thanks to Juergen for sweeping and some of the camera work. We crossed paths with Wateq's group a few times.
Regards Triplod

Astroburn
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sweihan to Khasna 1 4 2011 with Triplod

Post by Astroburn »

Had lots of fun on this trip.

Even though the Terminator was acting all jeepish it made it to the end of the trip.
The day is full of good memories - many of the memories flashed before my eyes as I went round the big bowl as a passenger with Susan (Mishmumpkin) but she pulled Albi (the Albino Jeep) back from the brink and it was all smiles again :-)
Love the area and it was a nice bunch of people to cruise it with.

Later,
S
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

Astroburn wrote:Had lots of fun on this trip.

Even though the Terminator was acting all jeepish it made it to the end of the trip.
The day is full of good memories - many of the memories flashed before my eyes as I went round the big bowl as a passenger with Susan (Mishmumpkin) but she pulled Albi (the Albino Jeep) back from the brink and it was all smiles again :-)
Love the area and it was a nice bunch of people to cruise it with.

Later,
S
Nice to see you guys! (Briefly) :) if not going to liwa lets do something next week.

Juergen
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Juergen »

Thanks Paul for the trip. Nice route, nice people, lots of fun, good pace, , time to relax - what more can one expect.
waqmaster wrote: Nice to see you guys! (Briefly) :) if not going to liwa lets do something next week.
I will give you a call ;) .
Where there's a will, there's a way. - The journey is the reward. - Proud to be AD4x4 Marshall!

Astroburn
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Astroburn »

Waqmaster wrote: Nice to see you guys! (Briefly) :) if not going to liwa lets do something next week.
Am in Dubai next weekend, but will be free to bash the dunes again the week after.

Pity we couldn't have a bbq on the last trip will have to arrange something soon!
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Photo Album created

Regards Triplod

mishmumkin
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mishmumkin »

Great trip, Paul!!! Hope Shaun isn't suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Lovely day and lovely company, per usual.
:)

Susan