REPORT: Liwa+Intermediates with Tawalbeh & Cherif

All reports about trips and events
Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

REPORT: Liwa+Intermediates with Tawalbeh & Cherif

Post by Tawalbeh »

All met on time early morning in Musaffah and moved to Madinat Zayed then to Liwa - Arada where we filled a fuel and hit the sand at around 10:00 .

We drove over Liwa’s large dunes, Sabkhas and super soft sand spots. Sank in those deep bowls and ascended up out, some times in one attempt and other times in stages. We experienced that great voice generated by sand layers when slides down pushed by the vehicles’ wheels like if you are on runway of larg jets. We saw the spectacular variety of mixed sand colors over the different areas and had nice breaks and laughs in various places.

Cherif and I Shared the lead and side sweep tasks until we reached Moreb Dune by the end of the day and had a nice big break over Moreb Dune itself that we drove up to its peak from the back side. Cherif and I had double stuck situation when I was trying to help him get out from a very tricky spot I stucked beside him and we told the team that we were doing this as a demonstration for them to learn but it was 1st of April yesterday so.... :lol: :lol:

Was a great day in Liwa and the first timers had a new experience in desert/sand and saw a different UAE natural features. This makes me recall Khaiwi’s signature statement : “If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......” Totally true.

Although the drive was Intermediate++, the two Intermediates ,Sand Storm and Ahmedalhammad, did very very well. Thanks Omari for taking my guest (The newbie F-16) in your car as passenger. He really enjoyed that.

The two Advanced ,Nikofen and Rexterra, were the 2nd lead and Sweeper. You guys are great and I always enjoyed driving with you.. Thanks my friends Moukhtar and Niko.

The album is already created in the gallery ..upload your photos there

Thank you all. Cheers :D
Last edited by Tawalbeh on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

nikofin

Re: REPORT: Liwa+Intermediates with Tawalbeh & Cherif

Post by nikofin »

Thanks Tawalbeh and Cherif for showing the rest of us what Liwa is all about. :twisted:
(It's about Double Marshal Stuck, but I didn't say that aloud did I?) :roll:

I don't know how some of you managed to drive all the way back to Dubai. I was totally dead when I got home.

Thanks for everyone for extremely nice company! :D

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

What a great day, it is unique. Thanks Tawalbeh & Cherif.
I'm still very happy since yesterday. :D

Nice big dunes and spectacular seens and sounds. ;)

Enjoyed seeing all, old freinds and, Nico and his family.

Nico, I think you will realize what happened with the Dubai residents following the date and time of my post. ;) But it really worth it. Can do it again next week and the week after. ;)

Ahmed.

SAND STORM
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SAND STORM »

yes am agreed with you Ahmed what the great day ?every thing was on the trip was amazing

and as Tawalbeh said “If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......” Totally true. 100% true

thanks a lot for the perfect team and the special thanks for Marshals (Tawalbeh & Cherif) for the unique trip :) :) :) :)

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

WHERE ARE THE PICS?????????????!!!!!???!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I do not have facebook :mrgreen:

SAND STORM
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SAND STORM »

Ahmedhammad wrote:WHERE ARE THE PICS?????????????!!!!!???!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I do not have facebook :mrgreen:
tomorrow ya maw :lol: :lol:

F16
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by F16 »

thanks tawalbeh, cherief and liwa dunes .... what an amazing trip.

you guys have left your marks all over the dunes, its no more a virgin territory ;). before the trip i could not imagine that a car can do all this and go over this complex terrain .... but you guys are owesome! camels! :lol:

thanks sandstorm for flying F-16 with you .... what happened in the car, stays in the car.... the olive oil was really special .
anxiously awaiting the next trip so i can take my own car ..... and hopefully bring it back in one piece :?: .

next time lets see who goes furthest up the Moreb dune, from the front side and not the back side.....

F-16
F-16
Flying Falcon

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Made a small video about the trip.

Hope you enjoy it. ;)
http://vimeo.com/rvdesert/tcliwa

Password: ad4x4

(Not really happy about the picture quality since the focus of the camera seems to be this time on my Jeep and not on the sand :? The camera can do much better.)

cherif
Advanced
Advanced

Post by cherif »

LIWA
was realy nice trip every body did well
smooth drive with some tricky bowels
thnxx all for the great day