Relax in Sweihan

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Relax in Sweihan

Post by Uristier »

Irrespective of the sand in the air everybody arrived at the meeting point and we left to the deflation point.

The briefing in the wind after deflation was short. The visibility was not great and the wind forced the sand entering every single chinck. But even a storm cannot stop a real AD4x4 off roader. Once in a while one had get off the car into the storm for a recovery or for some instructions. Thanks to all Marshalls for your great assistance.

The strong wind and the sand the sand filled atmosphere were not inviting for a bbq. We decided to skip the bbq and headed out to complete our circle tour.

Despite or maybe because of the sand storm it was a great trip. Some nice “views” compensated for the “ harsh environment.

See all soon with “better visibility”
Cheers - Uristier

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Relax in Sweihan

Post by mike0967 »

Thank you Urs, your Sweihan trips for Newbies are really one of a kind, we enjoyed the company despite the harsh sandstorm, which unfortunately killed our camera.

However, one of the pics could be recovered
P4010011.JPG
Hope next time there will be better weather to enjoy one of the relaxing BBQ evenings again, kind of missed that.

cu soon ....

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Frank

Post by Frank »

Thx Urs for the nice trip.
I am not sure if removed all the sand of my body up to now :lol:

I am sure everybody had fun I had.

see you all next time.

frank
Is der Berg a no so steil a bisserl wos geht allerweil
Men are not complicated - We are a fun
Who have driving skills - no need exorbitant power

caprihorse
Advanced
Advanced

Post by caprihorse »

I would like to thank to all participants for this memorable trip in heavy Shamal. It was great and I liked the territory very much, even if we couldn't get the higher dunes. I'm sure that better weather will allow us to visit this track soon :)
--------------------------------
Nissan is The Power !
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a TEAM, but one man cannot make a TEAM.

latief
Advanced
Advanced

Post by latief »

This felt more like an expedition in the Antarctic than a relaxation trip ;) ....minimal visibility, howling winds, sand everywhere....

the scenery was amazing to say the least, and the dunes were massive in some places.... it is fair to say that i set the club record in the number of stucks on one trip....i think everyone got sick and tired of me towards the end, and i am sure some were tempted to leave me there and move on ;) honestly, the car was not helping, and it got banged-up pretty bad..going back home my steering was pulling to the left, and i had a lot of vibration...i am thinking i damaged a rim..i looked at the axle today and it appears intact...thankfully....i had a small jump that was not fun, and i think that might have caused some damage, we'll see...

Frank,,,thank you for literally saving me multiple times, i think that first side stuck was a real close one....you are my hero.....

Urs, thanks for the great trip........hopefully I will join another one of yours soon.....

Gladiator, nice meeting you and thanks for the tips and encouragement...awesome car by the way!

everyone else, thanks for your patience......

Latief
2008 Wrangler JK
056-7148747

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

latief wrote:honestly, the car was not helping
that's all coz you have a jeep sorry to tell you this but u have to spend between 20k to 200k in mods then you can enjoy the your jeep :lol: :mrgreen:
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

This was an adventurous trip, the sights of the desert in Shamal were great ! This makes
you feel the greatness of nature.

Thanks to all ! Urs for arranging the trip and finding safe paths. Everybody for enduring
the sand in the cars, eyes, ears, hair, clothes and between the teeth.

Mike, how come your camera selected just this one photo to be kept ?

Latief, nobody has any bad feeling about your stucks ! It is very natural in the beginning.
Be patient with yourself, you improve each time, you will learn quickly to avoid damage,
and you will feel great satisfaction about the coming improvements. Like the sportsman
who starts off running too slow, trains, gets faster, trains, gets still faster, one day joins
major competitions and is among the elite. Keep going !

The sand is off the body by now, except the ears still produce fine dust. Part of the fun !