Catch the Worm with Early Bird

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Catch the Worm with Early Bird

Post by Uristier »

Some of the early birds could not fly high. Thick fog on a patch of the Sweihan road slowed them down.
We finally made it to the sand and the sun showed us a desert full of tracks. No not Jeeper’s tracks but from the night activities of the desert inhabitants.

We enjoyed the up, across and down the dunes. Once in a while the tracks suddenly stopped. Unlike the desert fish the discontinued tracks were traceable to a Jeep – stuck.

But everybody did well and at 8 o’clock or 35° C we stopped for the (second) breakfast with an interesting chat.

Full with new energy we continued our leisure drive. Some of this energy was later used to fix a pop out.

With the level of energy decreasing the distance to civilization also decreased. We finally arrived at the gate – safe and sound.

Watch for the bird – the Early Bird

See you soon back in the dune
Uristier

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: Catch the Worm with Early Bird

Post by Fox »

Thanks for another nice trip Urs !
From Sweeper's view, I saw that with the heat rising, driving skills and speed
also rose. Birds flew higher to reach the cold shower earlier.
We made a total of approx. 40 km in the sand, and when we reached the road,
we had 47 degrees.

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

It was a beautiful trip, so early in the morning with the sun rising over the desert...really impressive to see the desert at this early hour.

The trip was, while advertised as a newbie trip, often quite challenging, and together with Uristier's driving tips, I learned a lot. Just wondering if this is newbie, how difficult intermediate must be :lol: :lol: Luckily, we only got minor stucks hence the pace of the trip was quite high. The 40KM was my longest trip so far, but it felt much shorter. Great trip all in all.

Thank you Uristier for organizing and leading this drive!

BTW. Who is in charge of the SMS alerts, can this person please look why I am not getting the trip announcements even when signing up via the Trip manager? Thanks.
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

Indeed very early birding is really a challange to be on time (and to swallow some sweet bitter pills from the lead) but considering this as an option of by-passing mid-day intensive sun rays it was good to see the sands from a different angle: the mind and body just needed some time to be brought up to operational levels; otherwise a good trip and Sweihan as always offers nice scenery with plenty of good slopes and long slip faces.
Urs I will be on board the next early bird trip.