Tea Party with Early Bird

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Tea Party with Early Bird

Post by Uristier »

Thanks to Galdi for leading the group to the meeting point. I agree it was early but you did an excellent job.
We then left for the deflation point and prepared for the sand. The temperature was still comfortable but a high humidity made it a “bit wet”. While the sun was rising behind clouds we started our cruise to the morning tea party.

With a good pace everybody did well – with some “second try” and stucks here and there. I must admit it was a bit tricky (sometimes) with sudden soft spots. But the efforts for climbing the dunes and crossing the ridges were compensated with some great sounds down the slip face.

After the tea party we continued the up and down towards Sweihan. Once we arrived at the “outskirts” of Sweihan we realized that we had collected enough “sand miles” for an off road return trip.

Passing through some camel farms and we were back in the dunes for the way “home”. Some easy, some tricky and some challenging stretches were the “highlight of the “way home”. After 75 km and nearly six hours out in the dunes we reached the end of the tea party trip with Early Bird.

You all did very well; it was a pleasure being your Marshal today. Thanks to pumukl for his hard work on one of his rare day off work.

I look forward to see you out in the sand with Early Bird.

boogie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Tea Party with Early Bird

Post by boogie »

urs,

another great trip.this one was especially great, although my stucks on flat ground w/o any enemy were quite painful (thx for helping out Pumuckl..).

PUMUCKL, I ACCIDENTALLY TOOK YOUR RADIO WITH ME!!! SINCERE APOLOGIES!
-- Let me know where I can drop it in town, alternatively I can give it to Sam who is "out there" almost every week and may be able to see you soon.

hope to see you all out there again soon.

until then all the best,
sascha/ boogie

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Thanks to Urs and Pamuckl for looking after us so well this morning. The early start was a bit of a shock to my system, but I managed it by not going to sleep the night before!

I enjoyed being second lead and benefited from following Urs and learning some new techniques.

Everyone did fantastically well considering the heat, the dampness (humidty) and the very soft sand. So impressed by all. Nice bunch of people to greet the sunrise with, so thank you again.

See you out there soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

pumukl
Advanced
Advanced

Post by pumukl »

Thanks Urs for another great trip!
It was a while since I was out last time and therefore I enjoyed it even more :) :) :)

Indeed there were some 'busy' sections..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....but those were part of the fun too!

Hope that next time for me is not that long away ;)

Cheers
Pumukl

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

pumukl wrote:Thanks Urs for another great trip!
It was a while since I was out last time and therefore I enjoyed it even more :) :) :)

Indeed there were some 'busy' sections..... :lol: :lol: :lol: .....but those were part of the fun too!

Hope that next time for me is not that long away ;)

Cheers
Pumukl

I have your radio. Not sure where you live or work, but if you are out near Abu Dhabi airport at some time (or the Shangri-La/Fairmont) then just let me know.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128