Very Early Thursday drive

All reports about trips and events
Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Very Early Thursday drive

Post by Triplod »

This trip was announced for a 6 car drive, however by Thursday morning it was up to 13 cars. We met starting at 5.30am at Adnoc Sweihan with the last car joining around 6. We headed to the deflation and divided into 2 groups with Mood, SSS, Gladiator and Cherif doing the more advanced stuff I led the Newbie trip with Miro as second lead followed by White Prado, Tillybean, Astroburn, Miggo-777, Roobdoom, Khaluf, Uzzam, Adie and Waqar as sweeper (Thanks to second lead and sweeper for the great job done). The two groups met for a breakfast stop and then continued separately to the exit.

Thanks to all
Regards Triplod

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Very Early Thursday drive

Post by SSS »

Hey ... I was surprised as well how many enthusiasts were keen for a super early desert drive.
Probably too long time without :mrgreen:

In short: Thanks All for the opportunity and for the nice company (at least during the breakfast break :twisted: )

I had quite some fun in the crazy play group as well ... and some discoveries :twisted: who said a automatic TJ does not rev up until cut off? :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

thanks paul for letting me join last moment!

Had fun and all the newbies did great!

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

indeed the many turn-ups was a big surprise but as the big convoy hit the trail there was not too many delays by this itself : triplod had us all in a controlled manner ; the biggest show time ( in my view ) was when triplod pulled out his big winch to recover a stuck ... a memory of old TV action of the 'Marlboro fun Tours theme' : stick them deep into the mud shit of the jungle and let them drag out by what ever you had at hands...
the breakfast break was by its own right special : concerns and thoughts of recent developments was voiced and exchanged in amical surroundings. Very interesting and mind boggling indeed.

as an PS note thanks to All for showing so much affection and attention for my au-pair dog; the latter part of the trip was quite bumpy and brushed her from the back seat to the floor but still all safe and sound.

cheers and see you soon on the next trip

cherif
Advanced
Advanced

Post by cherif »

Thnxx Triplod for accepting me in the last min,
Realy great timing to get the best weather for a trip ,
Surprised of all those cars who made it early , was realy nice to see old faces and new ones ,
Hope to see u all soon

Astroburn
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Astroburn »

Thanks for the fun drive.

Great to see so many people out so early in the morning.
I had a lot of fun, this being my first time back in the sand after a long absence.
Mood next time I will follow you, I just had to get my wheels under me again :-)
Thanks Triplod for organising a fun trip.
See you all again soon.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Another brilliant day in the sand - an early start was rewarded with watching the sun rise as we headed to the dunes, which were just perfect.

The group was large and it was great to see some old familiar faces, along with new ones.

I stayed with the newbie group who really did very well - the conditions were a little tricky and Triplod certainly gave us an interesting and varied route to try.

Hope to see you all out in the sand again very soon. And thanks to Triplod for leading, Waqar for sweeping and Miro for being second lead. Astroburn - great to drive with you again; it's been a long time.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Will post photos shortly

Regards Triplod

Miggo_777

Post by Miggo_777 »

Thanks to all for a great morning in the Dessert.

Looking forward to the next earlybird trip.

Regards,
Miggo