ANIT 8th July 2011 - Report

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

So almost 17 4x4 showed up on time at the Mahawi Petrol Station and after filling up on supplies we headed towards the deflation point.

There the ANIT introduction was provided and we held a minute of silence in respect of our dear marshal Banna who recently passed away.

Mood assisted in the ANIT introduction and hope that the group got some good info from the briefing.

We were fortunate to have Marshal Mood, Triplod, Khaiwi, Viking and Wasabi to assist during the trip, also Advance drivers Sam, desert_hawk, Jalal and Yayos's support during the trip was outstanding.

So after the briefing, tire deflation we headed into the dunes with Sarm my 2nd Lead. T

Just after entering the dunes ADDenali had to opt out since his 4x4 wasn't engaging (hope you safely reach back and fix the gmc soon), the

We had some luxurious 4x4s with us including VOLVO XC90, Audi Q7 and an ML but all managed pretty well from start to finish.

The route was a smooth track towards al khatim from al faya, which we covered relatively quickly with minimum stucks and minor bumper modification on the Q7. We had occasional stops in between for a quick break and chat.

Once we reach al khatim we met up with Juergen who just completed his intermediate drive, had a chat and back to abu dhabi or so we thought (wasabi and desert_hawk ;)

Really enjoyed seeing the new off-roaders, hope you had fun and see you soon, your first stars will come soon...

Mamoun - Hope you had fun! It was a pleasure to have you as a passenger especially assisting at the crest!
Marshal Mood, Triplod, Wasabi, Viking and Khaiwi, thankyou for your support during the trip, without which managing such a large convoy would be impossible.
Sam - Great second lead and was really comfortable knowing your behind.
Jalal, desert_hawk - nice seeing you guys again! great job sweeping
ossme - you handled the lexus very well....
Rajesh - great driving, the xterra is very capable, just get used to the drive over time.
Sajad - hope your family and kids enjoyed the drive.
Adil - pathy did great, ready to cut the bumper? :)
EHowson1 - nice seeing you guys! smooth handling of the pajero
Tariq - Do share the pics!
Teli - loved watching your ML ride over the dunes! good job
ghaith - do get the hot oil message checked out, nice handling of the JK!

Best,

Waqar

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Re: ANIT 8th July 2011 - Report

Post by tillybean »

Rocked up at the ADNOC to meet our small group, and couldn't believe when cars kept on arriving! A large group with so many assistants meant Waqar had it easy ;)

The moment of respect for our beloved Banna was a very appropriate way to start our day, and with the thought of his smile and laughter in my mind, off we went for a lovely morning of driving, cresting, meeting new people and just having a great time with my family - AD4x4.

Everyone did so well and I was impressed by the handling of some potentially tricky cars and dunes. To our newbies, it really is about getting used to your car and feeling confident and it was great to see you all improve as the day went on, despite the incredibly soft sand in some places and the warm temperatures.

Waqar - as usual, a great lead with a nice route so its always a pleasure to be second lead to you.

Lovely seeing so many marshals out today and welcome back, albeit briefly, to Viking.

Welcome to our newbie/ANITs and hope to see you all back in the sand soon. It was a good day driving with you all and I liked having the opportunity to chat with you.

Ghaith - the hot oil on a JK is a known issue so WM will be aware of it!

See you all in the sand very soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Thanks Waqar for a lovely day in the sand, it was refreshing, and the weather was not that bad at this time of the day.
It was nice seeing old and new faces, and hope to see you all soon on the sand.
Mo
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

RDX

Post by RDX »

Dear Waqar & Sam

Thanks a lot for the amazing amazing time yesterday. The entire AD 4X4 team just ROCKS. Its just so amazing, to see you guys so willingly spend your weekend to teach others on how to drive in the sand. Meeting you guys has been such a learning, not only the offroading :) , but generally the overall attitude of the group, traversing seamlessly across the entire gang and clearly brushing off on us Absolute Newbies 8-)

From the first chat, the confused me, had with Islam (Iguana), the facebook interaction with Sam, talking to Waqar, meeting the AD 4X4 gang, the offroading, getting stuck couple of times - feeling so special & safe with 4-5 of u surrounding me to help me out, looking from behind the wheel at the other cars majestically conquering the small dunes --> all of this was such an exhilarating & unparalleled experience. Enrolling into AD 4X4, is definitely the wisest thing we have done in a long long time. You have just earned yourselves a life long fan :)

But as they say, all good stories have a flip side --> after yesterday's experience, now Shirley (my wife) wants to drive in the desert too!!!! :shock: Mmmmyyyy Caaarrrrr

Once again, thanks a lot for the amazing yesterday and looking forward to better tomorrows

Rgds
Shirley & Rajesh
Proud to be AD 4X4 Fan 8-)
RDX
Rajesh Dhomse - Xterra :)

Proud to be part of AD4X4, the best offroading club on the planet!!!

RDX

Post by RDX »

Adding some snaps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RDX

RDX

Post by RDX »

some more snaps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RDX

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

hellllo my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank you guys for the lovely trip :D :D :D I did enjoy a lot and was so happy to see viking in a JK :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Our new members did extremely well and was so :o to see the Volvo and the Q7 doing a good job!!!! Yes, it's no the car but the driver ;) and you guys just rock! so welcome to all of you in the best club in the world :ad4x4:

Mood, thanks the minute of silence and the speach for you brother Banna :(

The after trip was good toooooooo :lol: we went to play bowling :D :D hope Viking did have a good night :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See you all soon next Friday for Katarina, Mike & Viking. :crayy: :crayy:

:hoya: :hoya: :bye2: :bye2: :bye2:
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

It was great trip with great people .....

See you all next week
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

thank you waqar for the great day I enjoy it so much and it's really nice to see old and new faces, hope to see you next time guys

ps: thanks mood and DH for the ride
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Wasabi wrote: The after trip was good toooooooo :lol: we went to play bowling :D :D hope Viking did have a good night :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was a give-away. I didnt want you to remember me as the guy who beat you in Bowling :roll: BTW we should have taken a rematch at 2 AM as I got my reward when I got back home :cheeeeers:

Enough about that stupid game :evil:

The trip was nice and it is always nice to be part of an ANIT to see how the drivers improve along the route and when the weird look in their faces change into smiles the more confident they get. Waqar did a great job and supported by good people (me excluded :lol: )

Special thanks to Mood for the moment in remembrance of our dear Banna.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thanks Waqar for the ANIT trip, it was nice to see you all after long time.

See you soon.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

thanks Waqar for the nice trip
me and family enjoyed it from begining to end

i always wondered if the 45 series tires can fit sand driving then
yes they can :) good job to all Newbies you handle it very well

see you next friday
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Big Thanks Waqar and everyone else for the nice trip! :D

I love the Lexus; it is a beast that doesn't really need a good driver to handle difficult terrain. But it is my family car, so I’m not planning on doing much off-roading with it. :(

Let us hope that RB will be ready for the next rip. I almost never drove a manual off road before. Combine that with a rusty car, a beaten up engine, and a tougher driving route and I'm sure that I'm going to have a pretty difficult time on next trip! :shock: I just hope that nothing goes wrong with the car! :?

See you all on next trip and I hope that every one brings their toolbox just in case ! :lol:
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

Triplod
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Triplod »

Good Drive Waqar.

Well done to all the new drivers.

Regards Triplod