Take it easy in Sweihan - Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Take it easy in Sweihan - Report

Post by Uristier »

Except Hani_82 who impressed as NO SHOW we started our drive with a first fun right off the gate.

Shortly after mastering the first hurdle we faced the second one in the form of a nasty ditch. With no real accentuated contrast of the terrain I passed the ditch with a hearable sound and parked on the ridge. After the “pull back” and before getting a parking ticket I managed to cross. It wasn’t the highest dune on our planned track but turned out to be the trickiest one.

After crossing the crest, Roobdom’s Jeep became unable to continue the trip. In good AD4x4 manner we stayed with Rob for recovering his “Black Box”. Unfortunately Rob had to leave us for an important appointment. We pulled his car out and parked it beside the main rod ready for pick up.

An easy drive turned out to be a looooong and tricky event but we all learnt an unforgettable lesson. Rob I wish you to get well soon.

I hope to see all of you back in the dunes soon.

Cheers
Uristier

Arabia
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Take it easy in Sweihan - Report

Post by Arabia »

Ciao URI,
great lesson yesterday ;) .
Marshalls have demonstraded that they are there when you really need them, great professionalism from you guys.

All my best wishes to you Rob, everything is going to be all right.
No excuse now, you have to buy a soft top ............... :D

F
JK 2010 A/T

Cell. number
050 621 29 32
BBM
21CC6D40
Exploring UAE - Overland

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

Uristier

full praise to you and all the marshalls in absolute control to the very end ;
full praise to the trip team giving dedicated and competent support;
a day truely never to be forgotten

Rob for you a quick and good recovery.

Roobdoom

Post by Roobdoom »

Guys, a massive "thank you" to you all for your support and help both on the day and afterwards - your professional and calm approach in dealing with the situation I found myself in is a real credit to the Club and I am truely grateful for everything you have done; I would certainly have been in a far worse state if you had not been on hand to help.

Urs, I'm sorry your car also took some damage - I hope that will be sorted soon.

For any Newbies reading this, I really urge you to attend an ANIT course - I believe my mistake was avoidable had I attended a course and I was very lucky not to have a passenger or hit another car - learning the basics is essential as potentially dangerous incidents happen so easily to the untrained on the dunes. Urs, please use my experience to emphasise this during your briefing sessions.

Thanks again everyone, and I look forward to meeting up again soon.

With best wishes

Rob