Xof Frankenstein test drive trip report

All reports about trips and events
Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Xof Frankenstein test drive trip report

Post by Xof »

My first though when i woke up (4:45) was : WHERE IS THE SUN!!! then on the highway, my second though was : Where is the sun now??? instead, we had a lot of thick fog... so could not see the sun coming up. Due to this, all were a little late, But all reach the Sweihan station safe, and excused for the delay this time :lol:

at 7, we where all lighter by a free grams of air out of the tires, and enjoying the great temperature. After warming up, we headed toward the big dunes of Sweihan... We had a few stucks, we had a pop out, the track was sometime easy, sometime harder, the sand was ok, then soft, then very soft... At the end, it seems that all had fun, and that is the only think that matters. at 11, all were out, happy to leave the heat i guess ;)

On my side, i tryed the Frankenstein, and despite it's a wonderful machine, i missed my TJ... so decision is taken to find another family for the beast. I'll stick to my noisy TJ, who is so much fun in side sloping! It fits my style, there is no further discussion about it anymore.

Thanks all for coming. You are crazier than me to have waken up so early. It was nice to see you all, and we'll go for another saturday run soon!

cheers!
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Arabia
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Xof Frankenstein test drive trip report

Post by Arabia »

Ciao Xof,
Really nice early morning trip, my passengers and I have enjoyed from the very beginning,

Thanks a Lot for ALL !!

See you soon in the Dunes !!!

F
JK 2010 A/T

Cell. number
050 621 29 32
BBM
21CC6D40
Exploring UAE - Overland

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

thanks Xof for the trip it was very nice and yeah frankenstein is a beast ;) and it was so nice to meet alot of ppl (old and new) and hope to see you all soon
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

Thank you very much, Xof, for the great trip. It was just on time to test my easy going, torque monster GE (its name :D ) I was very much hesitant to take it directly to more than a newbie trip, but my hesitation was not in place. ;)

It was really nice to meet Jo, Tweety, SSS & Kermit, as well as mamoun, tillybean, Arabia, daavi and chouiri. Hope to see you guys soon.

I enjoyed seeing the monster in action, and having a spin on SSS sand board.

It was a bit tricky in the morning to drive the truck road in the heavy fog, although, I enjoyed it.

An important conclusion is that I'm parked in Ramadan. :oops: I can't handle fasting while off-roading in UAE summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

jipppiiieehhh ! :mrgreen:

despite the fact, that my MOI had pre programmed/planned every single weekend iftar/evening this year I finally could hit the sand ... while they were SLEEPING FOR SURE :lol:
THANK YOU all for the nice company ... and actually I was very glad, that despite it was a newbie trip the confidence and the skills of the drivers were over average! (hey ... I mean the newbies and ANITs ... not the higher ranks :lol: :lol: :lol: )

i think WE HAD FUNNN :mrgreen:

and Frankenstein GOT TESTED ... it is a monster, for sure. Hard to bog down and Xof was looking on purpose how to get stuck in the softest and trickiest spots he could find ... he nearly failed. But fortunately the sand was unforgiving so he found a spot or two to make it happen :lol: .

And I stole the monster for a ride in a unattended moment :twisted: ... and must say: You need to do really crazy things to find the limits of this monster :lol: (I did not go that far :shock: )

As for Ramadan and day drives : I was glad to be back home at around 12 ... I was not completely wrenched out, but we were lucky to have Jo and Lea as sweepers (special thank you!) ... and I could stay in the TJ all the time (A/C!) ...

I enjoyed the company A LOT. And I had FUNN. And I was impressed: when I was newbie those trips were much more boring (looking back) ... probably I was a really bad driver :lol:

cu all soon (daytime?: after ramadan!)
Chafik
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

What a fab but very hot morning in the sand. As Xof says, driving from Abu Dhabi and ending up in thick fog was not how I wanted to start my day, but once we got over that (minor) hiccup we were all determined to enjoy the sand and see how Frankenstein - and Xof - could perform....and both did rather well :lol:

This was my first time back in the sand in four weeks and I had really missed it. Nice to have a passenger (Mamoun) and really nice to see some new faces and plenty of old ones :lol: Was really impressed with our newbies who maybe started a little hesitantly and then once they had found their groove, really improved as the day went on.

I had second lead which I enjoyed and loved watching Xof trying to get the better of the beast with some tricky bowls, dunes and extremely soft sand.

All in all a very good morning but was glad to be getting out of the sand at 11am and home and in bed for 12.30pm!!

Lovely to see everyone and hope to see you all in the sand very soon. Thanks Xof, SSS, Jo, Tweety and Kermit for looking after us and everyone else for coming along.

PS - Ahmedhammad - your Jeep really suits you! Never thoughts I would type those words :lol:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Xof wrote:My first though when i woke up (4:45) was : WHERE IS THE SUN!!! then on the highway, my second though was : Where is the sun now??? instead, we had a lot of thick fog... so could not see the sun coming up. Due to this, all were a little late, But all reach the Sweihan station safe, and excused for the delay this time :lol:

at 7, we where all lighter by a free grams of air out of the tires, and enjoying the great temperature. After warming up, we headed toward the big dunes of Sweihan... We had a few stucks, we had a pop out, the track was sometime easy, sometime harder, the sand was ok, then soft, then very soft... At the end, it seems that all had fun, and that is the only think that matters. at 11, all were out, happy to leave the heat i guess ;)

On my side, i tryed the Frankenstein, and despite it's a wonderful machine, i missed my TJ... so decision is taken to find another family for the beast. I'll stick to my noisy TJ, who is so much fun in side sloping! It fits my style, there is no further discussion about it anymore.

Thanks all for coming. You are crazier than me to have waken up so early. It was nice to see you all, and we'll go for another saturday run soon!

cheers!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful Fun,
I think Franki can be tamed in my Garage and will be hapy to take him.
I have PM you already.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

zeezoo

Post by zeezoo »

Thanks Xof for the nice trip, it's by best so far (they're not a lot though) :) and the track was really good with elevating challenges, felt like its a game and u're leveling up till you meet the monster :D (the biggest dune)!!

Was nice meeting you all, and thanks Jo for your useful instructions as always.

C u soon

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

tillybean wrote:
PS - Ahmedhammad - your Jeep really suits you! Never thoughts I would type those words :lol:

:lol: thanks, Tilly.

Tweety
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tweety »

thank you guys for the nice trip, it was not soooo hot like usual and I had a lot of fun playing on the big dune. Hope we will do it soon again. Everybody did very well thanks again guys :D :D :D
be wise.... buy a Jeep

choueiri
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by choueiri »

Xof, thanks for the trip!

It was really great being out on the sand again, despite the fact that it was so early in the morning and that I got lost getting to that petrol station... but I did enjoy that drive in the fog. I might have to go there just to drive in the fog again!

I really learned a lot this trip and had a lot of fun!

It was great seeing everyone and hope to see you all again soon.

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Ahmedhammad wrote: An important conclusion is that I'm parked in Ramadan. :oops: I can't handle fasting while off-roading in UAE summer.
SSS wrote:As for Ramadan and day drives : I was glad to be back home at around 12 ... I was not completely wrenched out, but we were lucky to have Jo and Lea as sweepers (special thank you!) ... and I could stay in the TJ all the time (A/C!) ...
You guys should stick to iftar trips then ! :mrgreen:

Wish I could of joined. But doing a Morning trip doring Ramadan with no A/C seems too much to me! :?

Fortunatly though, Khaiwi's trip was also great and I had the chance to test RB for the first time!! :mrgreen:

See you all next week !! :D
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Official inauguration of my Patrol as Frankenstein recovery vehicle.... Alone this was worth it going on this trip :mrgreen:

I had a lot of fun and hope see you all out there soon again....

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

choueiri
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by choueiri »

Sorry forgot... special thank you to Kermitt on this last trip for teaching me some of the "skills"...

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Jo wrote:Official inauguration of my Patrol as Frankenstein recovery vehicle.... Alone this was worth it going on this trip :mrgreen:

I had a lot of fun and hope see you all out there soon again....

Jo
:lol: ... even I had the chance to snatch him once on this trip ... :lol:
(Do you think this is the reason Xof is sticking to his TJ now? :mrgreen: )
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808