Flight of The Desert Hawk Trip Report 02/09/11

All reports about trips and events
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

It was a lovely and warm day out there, meeting point was Sweihan ADNOC, and almost everyone was early there, luckily I was the earliest :P

Almost all were there on or before time, got filled up with petrol and we started driving to the deflation point.

At the deflation point, the lost member caught up with us, and we got ready to have the fun started, it was a short briefing due to the NICE high temperature, and we started moving.

We started with a slightly slow pace that picked up with each thrust of confidence each member had as we drove deeper through the nice dunes of Sweihan, and as much as I was confident of each member's capability, but I tried to commit to the set level of the trip, which wasn't that easy at some times when you see a nice side crest that are calling you, or see the marshals playing on the side not leaving any crest unbeaten, but it's better to stick to the rules ;)

And as we moved deeper towards the high dunes, the marshals were setting (unintentionally) high targets for us to catch up with, and reach those tops, which everyone proved they were up to it without any difficulty.

Very short breaks here and there to catch our breaths, and everyone was eager to have a long break, so we headed to a nice shade down one dune were everyone gathered together to have a nice chat and enjoy a snack, sweets or a drink.

As we started moving, and at our usual BBQ point, we found a SMALL LAKE, and some of us were eager to have another break at the BEACH and some to have a shisha on the side, so we had another break. The site was so nice that other groups asked to join in, and with good AD4x4 spirit, we allowed some camel ladies to enjoy with us the view, the water and some apples ,and hit on some of the guys ;)

At the end, and as we were driving out, my ride decided that it didn't have enough and wanted to spend the night out, so, with good spirit we left it behind to meet up tomorrow.

The drive was nice, and everyone did very well, even for the demonstrative 2 stucks and single pop out, which was fixed very professionally with a good AD4x4 team work. All members were very well prepared and well equipped.

Special thanks to the sponsors of this trip, Jo, Tweety and Waqar, without you guys this trip would never go on this way.

Thanks to the senior members Jo, Tweety, Waqar, Wasabi, Tawalbeh, Mood and Juergen for your presence, support all the time and adding the special nice taste to this trip.

Scorpio, as usual, knowing you are behind as a sweeper or 2nd lead, I would drive any were knowing that my back is covered by a skilled driver and friend.

Jayne, you showed a great confidence and high skills as a 2nd lead and as a sweeper, you control your ride very well.

Daavi & Nader, you both drive your Pajeros with nice and confident skills, hope to see you more in the coming trips.

T-J, my friend, it was nice seeing you after a year, you controlled your LC as good as anyone of us in the trip, and as a newbie (which I am sure you will not stay as for long) you showed very good skills.

The sky is clear tonight, so let's hope some stars will fall on some of the participants of this trip to make it more charming. You deserve it guys.

Once more thanks a lot for all of you, you all made this trip succeed (at least according to my standards 8-) ), i was lucky to have you all onboard, and hope to see you in the coming trips, keep tuned.

Hope to see the pics and videos taken here or on Facebook, would appreciate anyone sharing them.

Mo
Last edited by desert_hawk on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Flight of The Desert Hawk Trip Report 02/09/11

Post by mamoun »

look like another amazing trip I missed :(
+971509988737
Stock JKU

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

mamoun wrote:look like another amazing trip I missed :(
The company I had from the participants made it an amazing trip, but hopefully I will be lucky to have you IN next time :)
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

what a trip

i loved it, loved it, it prooved that TJ is better than FJ :D :D :D :D :D :D
(sorry Man i cannot hold it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

seriously
nice pace, nice side slopes and very nice route chosen
with a very good lead .... my friend you handled the group well through those big dunes
in dynamic and safe way, i will be happy to follow you again

memebers, you all did very well
Marshals, thanks all for being there
Jayne, thanks for the clean 2nd lead and sweep
Desert Hawk, very good lead, ready to assist you at any time

see you all soon

Jalal
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Tawalbeh »

Very nice trip Mohd. Good lead, nice track and great company. I enjoyed the day. I hope that you solve you car's problem tomorrow and , as I told you, I am ready to take you there if you didn't find one.
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

sound like a great trip....sorry i missed but my car also tired and resting in carpark outside agency...inshallah will be back soon and there for your next trip......Well done..... :)

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

@ Scorpio, we'll have this FJ-TJ talk at a later time :devill:

@ Tawalbeh, glad you enjoyed the trip, and thanks for the offer, already arranged something and hopefully everything will be sorted tomorrow inshallah.

@ Sean, hope you get your ride sorted, thanks for the wishes and hope you'll join next time.
FJCRUISER

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Sounds like a fab trip - wish I could have been there. Next time, inshallah.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Jayne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jayne »

Mo thanks for a great lead it was a real pleasure coming on your trip, and really nice to catch up with everyone agin. I particulary like how you organised the camels to come in for feeding :lol: We must go to the beach more often.. I hope your FJ is feeling better soon.. Thanks to everyone for a great fun day out and to the Marshalls for your great support :D Only 6 more days until Friday :D See you all next weekend, Jayne
ph 050 319 7386

2012 Jeep Wrangler 2012
2011-2012 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2008-2011 Hummer H3

thabit
Advanced
Advanced

Post by thabit »

I miss the desert :( I'm ready for such trips, great company and nice area. Inshllah my car will be ready soon

Thabit
Chevy NEVER SAY NEVER

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

It was Gr8 Trip With Gr8 Memebers >>>>>>>>>>
Desert Hawk >>>> You Did Very well
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

@ Tillybean, your place is booked from now for the next one.

@ Jayne, glad you liked the trip.

@ Thabit, hope to see you soon, long time man.

@ Mood, thanks
FJCRUISER

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Thanks for the trip.... I liked the shisha beach ;)

Hope your truck will get his broken wing fixed soon.

CU next week

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

T-J
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by T-J »

My dear friend Desert-Hawk, it was a pleasure indeed to see you once more... after a year :D

this trip was marvelous, the choice of the rout was just fantastic, i loved it to bits... as to it the lovely company, it was a nice to meet more people in the club, and remeet ones from before...
Everyone was super nice, super helpful, basically.. everyone was (AD4x4ic), this is a new verb that will be added to the dictionary soon meaning to be one big family :D

now i am looking forward to be able to join your trips in the Future Mo, and will plan not to miss any at all :D:D:D

Regards

TJ

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

congrats on the first lead and thanks for taking me on as passenger.

It was fun switching between cars..i miss the X!!!!!!