Newbie trip in Al Khatim - 16th of September

All reports about trips and events
SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

okkkeeeey...

meeting point 14:00 in Al Khatim gas station. All showed up .... EXCEPT ... me.
Fortunately my marshal colleagues could keep the mood up ... until I arrived just in time for our announced leave at 14:30 ... phew. :?

(I first thought something was wrong today ... FORTUNATELY I was wrong with that! :mrgreen: )

The rest of the trip was smooth and ALL did VERY well ...
Founders tested successfully new monster trucks :lol: ... (I hope you like your new toy ... hope to see you for some sand play soon)
Marshals could play around a bit ... (I hope you had some fun! I think you did 8-) )
and a big Thank You to my Marshal Brothers and Sister who decided to keep their play close to us to have a watchful eye on us and support ...
My second lead was training for her first lead trip next week ;) (thanks a lot Sam! ... was good to know you were there!!)
My sweeper Zeer had not too much to do ... and the few stucks were managed very well. (I think you like the sand tires ... listen to Smiley and get the steel belted ones 8-) )
And the following members between second lead and sweeper ... did very well ... (at some moments I thought I am pampering you too much, guys :lol: )
So I could raise the level a bit. We could even play in some higher dunes towards the sweihan tracks ... before I had some mercy and we stopped close to a bigger dune (18:15) where some members started checking their newly won confidence :twisted: and some marshals showed them how high the measure can be hung ... looool ...
and then: nice (yummy) and looong BBQ, shisha (my MOI) ... and guests ( :bye2: Triplod, Astroburn and YaYos who found as at sun set and some more who joined the trip spontaneously like Qarouty and guests and Juergens guest Suhail with FJ ) till about 21:00
A pity that some of you guys had to leave early ... I enjoyed your company and hope you liked it.

Back home and as usually the shower drain filled with Al Khatim sand souvenirs form me (and this time MOI and daughter as well) !

c u soon guys ... it was a pleasure for me! :sunny: :coool:
Last edited by SSS on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Newbie trip in Al Khatim - 16th of September

Post by tillybean »

Lovely trip SSS.....loved being your second lead. We started easy and then challenged our lovely newbies who were amazing. I was so impressed with you guys. It took you a few moments to find your feet, and then you were away.

Agne, have to comment about you especially......saw you about 2 months ago on an Urs trip and then again today and wow sister, you totally rocked. You have a good feel for your Jeep and a great way of driving. Keep it up.

for the rest of the group - everyone did fantastically and I was so impressed.

Thanks SSS for the lead and Zeer for the sweep. Fantastic as always. Lovely to see so many new faces and a lot of old faces :lol:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Beetle
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Beetle »

Thanks for this lovely trip. I enjoyed it a lot.

Specially great thanks to Chafiq and his wife, you are a great leader with humor and always motivating words for newbies and
you make sure that we are not starving :mrgreen: . I'm still full.
All Marshalls are very helpfully and I feel safe. :help1: Thanks for all advices. :ireful:

Smiley you are my saviour, otherwise I would have had the same problems as Kermit during ADAC (remember Mood's story) :lol:

Mood you need to watch your car more careful. You tought it too much, so it would even go without you. :lol:
If it can talk (like Herby), please inform me, I want to ask him something.

The BBQ was very nice and we spent a nice time together. :cheeeeers:
It didn't disturb us, that the "evil" sat between us :devill:

I hope, we meet soon. Take care and have a nice week until next weekend. :party1:

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Thank you so much for the great and well organized trip !!! :mrgreen:

As usual, I had lots of fun and didn't want it to finsh ! 8-)

Sadly though, I had to leave early to catch my plane... :crayy:

Oh and thank you Mahmood for the extra "fun" on the side ! :mrgreen:

I hope to see you guys again next week! :bye2:
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Beetle wrote:
Smiley you are my saviour, otherwise I would have had the same problems as Kermit during ADAC (remember Mood's story) :lol:
oh ooooh ... maybe you want to delete that part? :lol: :oops:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

This was my first trip with my new Jeep, after having crashed my Q7 on my maiden voyage!

I just want to say how fantastic the trip was for a newbie like me; I think I am now just getting to know the sand and my Jeep a little better, so hopefully there is much more to come! I am truly glad I sold my sedan and bought the Jeep - this car opens a whole new avenue of adventure for us, and also enables us to be part of this great family!

Chafiq, Mood, Jurgen, Ossme, Sam, Smiley and everyone else there is already perceived by us as an extension of our family. I hope to be able to bring my wife along next time and convince her that her motion sickness can be tackled by a couple of tablets (she's also a doctor so it's a tad difficult to fool her!!!)

Inspired by the trip, I spent the morning in Musaffah today and have bought a snatch strap, compressor and deflator. Now all I need is a radio (can anyone suggest where to find a good one?) and an AD 4x4 sticker to increase the horsepower of my Jeep by about 50 bhp or so!

I can't wait for the next trip and look forward to seeing you all again real soon!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

QARUOTY

Post by QARUOTY »

Thank you my friend for the nice trip , also thanks to all members every body doing well .
See you all soon

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

drtariqyarkhan wrote:Now all I need is a radio (can anyone suggest where to find a good one?) and an AD 4x4 sticker to increase the horsepower of my Jeep by about 50 bhp or so!
You can contact iguana, antrax or serge, they might help with the radio :)
Any marshal might help with the sticker, just ask and keep ur fingers crossed
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Smiley
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Smiley »

Dear Chafiq, thank you so much for this lovely trip..... just the right introduction after a long summer brake.

It was so nice to meet some old and some new faces again.

And for the BBQ.... simply yummy! :D ....but how many people did you want to feed with it, 100 ?
Brave Mädchen kommen in den Himmel, die anderen kommen überall hin...
(Good Girls go to heaven, the other ones go everywhere...)

DESNAV-Founder

first female Marshal

Smiley
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Smiley »

[quote="Beetle"]

Any time, my dear.......! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brave Mädchen kommen in den Himmel, die anderen kommen überall hin...
(Good Girls go to heaven, the other ones go everywhere...)

DESNAV-Founder

first female Marshal

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

thank you Chafiq for the great trip and lead!!! it was nice to see the Goecke family back to the sand :lol: :lol:

well done to all and speciale one to Agne who got her upgrade ;)

see you next week for another newbie trip............

ciao

Wasabi
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

zeer

Post by zeer »

Thanks Chafik for the great tirp, thanks all for the great company, see u all soon on sand
Spacial Thanks for Chafik for the nice BBQ im still feeling full till now :lol:
Eyad Harb - 0501234066
One for All & All for One
"BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN"
DesNav2011 / DesNav2012 / DesNav2013 / JeeP Jamboree 2013 / Desert Clean / EDC trainer / Sanid Leader
2010-2012 Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(27)(02) Intermediate(60)(10) Advance(19)(02) Expert(02)(01) TOTAL (108)/(15)
----2013--- Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(12)(04) Intermediate(17)(05) Advance(21)(03) Expert(04)(00) TOTAL (55)/(12)

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

zeer wrote:Thanks Chafik for the great tirp, thanks all for the great company, see u all soon on sand
Spacial Thanks for Chafik for the nice BBQ im still feeling full till now :lol:
Looks like I really missed the BBQ ! :(
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

Agne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Agne »

Hey, thanks Chafic and everyone for a great trip! I can say I have learned a lot. The more challenging, the better ;)

Thanks Sam for all your advice and support, gears really worked this time! :)

Its a shame I could not stay for the BBQ - I had a work event to attend. But will def join next time.

And thanks again for the upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
See you in next trips!!!

Juergen
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Juergen »

Thanks Chafiq for this trip. It was great fun being out with so many people and watching the convoy from the sides. My guest liked it as well, and he may join more often.
Very well done from everybody.
Let's keep the spirit high for the coming season.

C u soon in the sand.
Where there's a will, there's a way. - The journey is the reward. - Proud to be AD4x4 Marshall!