Tillybean Takes on the Terrain REPORT

All reports about trips and events
tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Most of the group met at Mahwi ADNOC and the rest of the group met up at the Brick Factory.

After the briefing session and with second lead, sweepers, convoy and everything else all sorted we started out on our trip. I was nervous but felt incredibly well supported by everyone on the trip and although I started out slowly, I gradually increased both the speed, pace and difficulty. We found a couple of "play" areas which we all took advantage of and had fun. The route I chose was the Jeep Jamboree route which was nice, but not perhaps quite as challenging as I wanted.

I had the first stuck - purely for demonstration purposes - and then got a pop out too! Others (no names who, but <ahem> Jo and <ahem> 9ball reminded the group that even Marshals can and do get stuck as well.

For my first trip I was very happy - some good learning opportunities for me - and whilst challenging, it certainly hasnt put me off wanting to do my next lead......Sweihan anyone!

I had a huge group, so the thank you's could take a while. I suggest you get a coffee and relax!!

Firstly, a huge thank you to Tawalbeh and Imad for encouraging and supporting my first trip, and I hope Tawalbeh (who couldnt make it) feels better soon.

Then it's on to the lovely Marshal group who showed up to give me great support: Mac and Gillian; 9ball; Smiley who provided wonderful watermelon and then amazing cake; Jo and Tweety; Khaiwi and Gladiator. I felt very honoured to have you all along on my first trip.

To my fantastic second lead Jayne who did a brilliant job, and to Zeer who was my sweeper - thank you so much. Desert_Hawk provided some side sweep cover along with Moe and this too was very much welcomed.

And now to the group:

Eisa - as always, you are a great driver and thanks for your support
Qarouty - really nice to see you out in the sand, and am so glad that your daughter is getting better
Guevera - thanks for coming along - excellent driving
TurkishRider - cok tesekur ederim. Thank you so much for being part of my trip.
And my good friend Boogie - you certainly know how to handle your jeep and it was fun to have you on the trip.
We had along three passengers as well - Sean (as his H3 is not quite ready for the sand), and two friends of Jo's - Ian and John.

And a special mention has to go to Zeer, Eisa and Desert_Hawk for the wonderful BBQ.

At the BBQ area we met up with Carole and her group, and were lucky enough to welcome some extra faces at the BBQ which was really nice to see.

So all in all, a great day, for me anyway, and the support was completely amazing from everyone. From the helpful and encouraging texts, to the phone calls, to the emails to everything. This was definitely a day when I felt the true AD4x4 Family Spirit - long may it live.

I also really appreciated all the feedback - the good, the bad and the ugly :lol: and will hopefully take the comments on board for my next trip. Thanks again to everyone for coming along and see you all in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: Tillybean Takes on the Terrain REPORT

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you for the nice trip, look forward to have more challenging tracks following you.

Uploaded my pics, hope you like them.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Scorpionita
Marshal | PR and Media
Marshal | PR and Media

Post by Scorpionita »

Sounds like a great trip Sam ,,, Congrt. for your succesful you do deserve that sweeti

hope I will be able to join your next trip soon and sorry for missing this one
Scorpion is another word of Legend

We are Big
We are Professional
We are Perfect
SIMPLY WE ARE AD4x4

Will remain AD4x4 PROUD member and Marshal

Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Tawalbeh »

Appearently you had a great trip dear Sam. I am sure that you did very well leading wise and I look forward to seeing you loaded by more stars soon ;)

I feel better now with that amount of medicine against infection, alergy...etc. Thanks for asking and see you soon on the sand a gain.

Cheers
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

Thank you Sam, very nice track, great to be back in the sands after a summer break. John was a great passenger, and it is because of him I got stuck, he wanted to take pictures from the top of a dune! Looking foward to your next lead trip. Will see you all at the Season Opening trip on the 14th of October ( flying to Germany next Friday for a pilgrimage). :mrgreen:
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Thanks Sam for the lovely trip, enjoyed it a lot.
The convoy was large, but you handled it very well, thumbs up.
The gathering at the BBQ point was great, very relaxing.
It was nice seeing everyone, marshals and members, and hope to see you all soon on the 14th next month. Till then, take care.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

congraaaaats SAM! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You see? no reason to have wet hands ... all doable and FUNNN :twisted:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

Eisa
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Eisa »

You really took a step which will make you start managing trips for the upcoming period till you achieve what you are aiming to acheive.

We really had the opportunity to meet a big number of marshall and members because of the good friendship you have established in the club.

Hope we can see you soon in the sand and whenever you decide to manage a trip certainly We are ready for support. :D
050 666 4803

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

Congrats Tillybean on leading your first trip! Hopefully some time soon, the likes of me will also be able to attend advanced trips! See you in the sand soon!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Sam,

... was a nice gathering on wheels. Al Khatim is a certainly a good start of a leader-career.

Thank you Sam, Yann and Imad of carrying my guests in, around and out of desert. I am sure they enjoyed every sandcorn...

See you all out there....

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

well done Sam, it was nice seeing you!!!!!! sorry I coul'd not stay for the BBQ but did promise a diner with my wife!

see you soon
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

boogie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by boogie »

hi sam,

thanks for the great trip. after having been out for quite some time, this was a perfect start into the winter season.

you've done very well and i believe everyone enjoyed the day out with you.

thanks to all marshalls for looking after us.

sean, good to see you and jayne again, mate. good luck against the 'baguettes'. confident for a final against the wallabies ;-)

until next time,
boogie/ sascha

Jayne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jayne »

Thanks Sam for a great lead, very enjoyable day, nice seeing everyone at the bbq at the end, some good chefs in the club, sensational cake Smiely.. Eisa, Zeer and Mo you certainly no how to bbq :D . Hope to do another trip with you soon, Jayne
ph 050 319 7386

2012 Jeep Wrangler 2012
2011-2012 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2008-2011 Hummer H3

Moe
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Moe »

All i can share for our yesterdays trip was simply awesome we all had a great time :cheeeeers:

btw it was your first organized trip but you really made it wonderful i really enjoyed your leading and hope to join you in coming future :)
Do What You Like...Like What You Do
----
2005 Blue kJ
----
Mohamed Marwan - Cell # 050/7311 805
Moe@ad4x4.com

Jayne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jayne »

boogie nice to see you again too, happy with the AB's today :D Lets hope for an AB/Aussie final, see you in the sand soon Jayne
ph 050 319 7386

2012 Jeep Wrangler 2012
2011-2012 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2008-2011 Hummer H3