Tillybean and the Terrain Part 2 : REPORT

All reports about trips and events
tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

The day started with regrets from Thabit and -V- whose cars were not up to the trip - thanks for letting me know guys and hope your cars recover for next week, and one no show/call/message from T-J. Hope everything is okay T-J.

The rest of the small group headed out of Sweihan ADNOC bang on time and off to the deflation point. Once deflated and a briefing given - reminding everyone of the importance of keeping in the convoy, using the radio, distance etc - we headed into the dunes.

The trip had a couple of stucks - me included - and a couple of pop outs. All in the learning curve. The route I chose was a tried and tested one (by others) and I was pleased to find some challenging areas, some cresting, a little side sloping and some great dunes to try and climb. The group drove brilliantly and we were able to attempt a high climb or two which I certainly enjoyed.

After our last pop out, I decided to skip a couple of areas and head to the BBQ for a relax and some shisha. We were totally rewarded with watching an amazing lightening display behind the only cloud in Sweihan, and after much chatter and laughing, headed back to the petrol station to reinflate and head home.

The trip for me today was wonderful and I felt that the group did so well and I was proud to be their leader. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as I had an absolute blast. And now for the mentions:

Firstly to my supporting Marshals - Jo, Tweety and Waqmaster. Driving with you is always a pleasure and that was increased today knowing that you were my support team. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Alex - thanks for stepping in and being my second lead. Despite your FJ having pop-out issues (and I hope you got your tyre sorted okay) you did so well. You are a confident driver who can handle their car - a few more trips and we will be measuring you up for your orange t-shirt! I hope your two passengers were as impressed as I was with your ability and capability.

Guevera - your driving is good. Thanks for coming on my second trip with me.

Nader - nice to meet you and nice handling of the Pajero.

259 - Sultan, it's been too long since I have driven with you so I was especially pleased that you could make it today. Thanks for being my sweeper and recovering me. Your handling of the Hummer is amazing - but you know you want to swap it for my jeep right?!

And a special mention to Jon and Ian who were passengers with Jo and Waqar. I know they both took pictures, so I will post them to the gallery if someone could open it for me.

And last but not least - whilst they were not on the trip with me today, I have to thank both Scorpio and Desert_Hawk for all their help with my prep for this trip and for being fab support. Cheers guys.

See you all either in the pub tomorrow for the rugby (Hero's @ Crowne Plaza Hamdan Street from around 10am) or at the BBQ on the 14th.

Thanks again everyone and see you in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Tillybean and the Terrain Part 2 : REPORT

Post by tillybean »

I totally forgot - thanks too to Chicco and Nicholas (the dogs) :lol:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

tillybean wrote: And last but not least - whilst they were not on the trip with me today, I have to thank both Scorpio and Desert_Hawk for all their help with my prep for this trip and for being fab support. Cheers guys.
Don't even mention it, it was Sweihan magic, not us, wish I could have been of more help, sorry I missed it, but had previous commitments.
I'm sure you did very well, and hope I can follow you in your next one ;)
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Sam, we all had a good time thanks to your lead.

Your selection of the BBQ spot...... timing for the thunderstorm performance over the Hatta mountains... unbeatable :lol:

See you all in the sand

jo

Note: This is the album where you MUST place your pics :mrgreen:
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=40333
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

good leading sam.

It was fun to catch up with every one.

All did great.

Guevara
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Guevara »

Sam

great trip, expecially the second part on the high dunes

see you soon

G
Mobile 056 1205601
X Terra Off Road 2009 - PRG 2.5" Lift Kit - AOR LED lights

Advanced
Advanced

Post by 259 »

Thanks Sam for the trip, it was enjoyable experience. Thanks to our marshals Jo, waqamaster, tweety for keeping an eye on us, it was nice meeting new friends Guevara, Nader, Alex and her brother. Nice drive and unseen before lightening coming from single cloud in clear blue sky, that was awesome.

We all did great. :)
Proud member of ad4x4.com best club in UAE
Hummer H2
Geländewagen- , modification: None
+971527000003 also can be reached email: ameeris@hotmail.com

The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease-- Voltaire

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Jo wrote:Sam, we all had a good time thanks to your lead.

Your selection of the BBQ spot...... timing for the thunderstorm performance over the Hatta mountains... unbeatable :lol:

See you all in the sand

jo

I ordered it especially :D
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

tillybean wrote:
Jo wrote:Sam, we all had a good time thanks to your lead.

See you all in the sand

jo

I ordered it especially :D
So, u used my tricks, that's called GOOD ORGANISATION ;)
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

I was super organised - with my notebook, pens, lists, clouds, lightening....LOL. So thanks for the top tips.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

nader
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by nader »

thanks a lot sam for the nice trip, as usual great route and wonderfull people, good to see the old faces as well as meeting the new ones, special thanks to Sultan ( 259) who helped a lot with the stucks, very nice seeing alex back in sand, hope you got your tire fixed dear, special recognition to JOE, TWEETY, WAQAR whom you always see their smile regardless of what the situation is :D :D, guvara nice meeting you as well, and hope to see you all soon in the sand.

T-J
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by T-J »

oh my God, i cant believe i have completely missed this!

this is an apology, not an excuse, just an apology!

i had a very busy week with my students last week, and the busier i am the more things i forget, therefore my phone has always got little reminders here and there to remind me of the most basic things (for instance, i keep forgetting which of my 2 sisters is born on the Valentines Day!!!)
and since i was very busy, i forgot where i placed my phone when i was on the climbing session with the students, and lost it. having been very busy i havent got myself another one until the weekend, which i had a feeling that i am supposed to do something during it... just couldnt recall what it was!!!! until my friend Simon (he is with Alex) asked me this morning at work why i wasnt there!!!!

Sincere Apologies Tillybean, and everyone!!

REgards
TJ

alext
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by alext »

Thanks Sam for such a great trip!

You know your passengers enjoyed it too when they're more exhausted than the driver!! Especially, the puppy!!

Thanks to everyone who helped with my pop outs.. it happened to me only once before when I was on a night time trip and couldn't really see what was going on, so it was a really great learning opportunity :) Thanks to Sultan for the tips on my tyre pressure.. I'm going to go and get a better pressure gauge now!!

Can't wait for the next trip out!!! :D

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

T-J wrote:oh my God, i cant believe i have completely missed this!

this is an apology, not an excuse, just an apology!

i had a very busy week with my students last week, and the busier i am the more things i forget, therefore my phone has always got little reminders here and there to remind me of the most basic things (for instance, i keep forgetting which of my 2 sisters is born on the Valentines Day!!!)
and since i was very busy, i forgot where i placed my phone when i was on the climbing session with the students, and lost it. having been very busy i havent got myself another one until the weekend, which i had a feeling that i am supposed to do something during it... just couldnt recall what it was!!!! until my friend Simon (he is with Alex) asked me this morning at work why i wasnt there!!!!

Sincere Apologies Tillybean, and everyone!!

REgards
TJ
One comment, you're OLD :mrgreen:

Whatever you do the week (or night) before, don't forget next weekend :twisted:
FJCRUISER

T-J
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by T-J »

hehehehehe

so said my doctor... funny enough... you are a doctor too, oh man... this must be true then!!!