Al Khazna to Al Khatim = 28th Oct - Report

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Al Khazna to Al Khatim = 28th Oct - Report

Post by waqmaster »

Al Khazna to Al Khatim became Al Khatim to Sweihan.

Against the dunes we moved at a fast pace and reached sweihan at around 7.

Was a great drive, with a few stucks and one double pop out.

Last dash from Al Khazna to Sweihan was a fast one with a little night drive to reach the haloween party.

It was nice seeing thabit, sam and the rest of the group at the party, thankyou thabit for the great dinner.

Tariq - hope you had fun! we weren't strictly following the intermediate level with two marshals and advance drivers in the convoy, but you kept up really well.
Qarouty - great driving and support.
Xof - nice driving with you after a long time bro.
Stefano - as usual, nice and calm.
bigboss - nice to have you on board but, do register on the board or at least call if you would like to join.
Saeed - nice seeing you again! always finding us in the middle of the desert.

QARUOTY

Re: Al Khazna to Al Khatim = 28th Oct - Report

Post by QARUOTY »

Thank you waqar for the nice, great, and fun trip
Verey nice to see you xof.
Thank you thabit .
Hop to see you soon :D :D :D

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

What can I say? This was surely the most challenging and the most fun trip I have had yet! Even though I got stuck a few times and experienced my first pop-out which happened to be a double pop-out! I'm not sure if you could call this trip "Intermediate Plus" but I certainly had a great time and learnt some new things.

Many thanks to you Waqar for teaching me the secrets of side-cresting and helping me gain more confidence at doing it! The one side-crest in the dark of night was really cool, and having done it I was like "Is this for real? I DID IT!" and that too in the dark! I also thoroughly enjoyed the last dash at a much faster pace with the adrenalin pumping on over-drive and am glad I was able to keep up with your speed!

Many thanks also to Xof for all the advice and to everyone on the trip for helping me when I got stuck, especially to Saeed for his expertise in dealing with my double pop-out! A special thanks to Saeed also for the amazing coffee and home-made zatar. Qaruoty, Stefano, and Big Boss, you were all great to be with on the trip and I really had a lot of fun and learnt from all of you.

It was also fabulous to meet the other group at the Halloween camp and Thabit's 'madfoon' was super gorgeous! Many thanks for having us at the party and sharing the feast with us! Sam, as usual, was the joy of the party, but I think she now has serious competition in Tamara!!! What a sweetie she is indeed, masha Allah!

As anticipated, the better part of the morning has been spent getting the sand out of my tires and having the car cleaned up! I will probably not be here next weekend, but can't wait to be back from my short Eid vacation and join all of you in the sand again!

En Francais, pour Xof, c'etait vraiment magnifique! Merci beaucoup to all!

To all my friends, Eid Mubarak in advance!!!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

QARUOTY

Post by QARUOTY »

MLC wrote:What can I say? This was surely the most challenging and the most fun trip I have had yet! Even though I got stuck a few times and experienced my first pop-out which happened to be a double pop-out! I'm not sure if you could call this trip "Intermediate Plus" but I certainly had a great time and learnt some new things.

Many thanks to you Waqar for teaching me the secrets of side-cresting and helping me gain more confidence at doing it! The one side-crest in the dark of night was really cool, and having done it I was like "Is this for real? I DID IT!" and that too in the dark! I also thoroughly enjoyed the last dash at a much faster pace with the adrenalin pumping on over-drive and am glad I was able to keep up with your speed!

Many thanks also to Xof for all the advice and to everyone on the trip for helping me when I got stuck, especially to Saeed for his expertise in dealing with my double pop-out! A special thanks to Saeed also for the amazing coffee and home-made zatar. Qaruoty, Stefano, and Big Boss, you were all great to be with on the trip and I really had a lot of fun and learnt from all of you.

It was also fabulous to meet the other group at the Halloween camp and Thabit's 'madfoon' was super gorgeous! Many thanks for having us at the party and sharing the feast with us! Sam, as usual, was the joy of the party, but I think she now has serious competition in Tamara!!! What a sweetie she is indeed, masha Allah!

As anticipated, the better part of the morning has been spent getting the sand out of my tires and having the car cleaned up! I will probably not be here next weekend, but can't wait to be back from my short Eid vacation and join all of you in the sand again!

En Francais, pour Xof, c'etait vraiment magnifique! Merci beaucoup to all!

To all my friends, Eid Mubarak in advance!!!
You welcome any time, see you soon

Guevara
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Guevara »

Waqar

great drive, more difficulte to drive east to Sweihan than the usual drive on the opposite direction

Thanks to all for the great company

G

PS never have something to do if you go to the desert :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mobile 056 1205601
X Terra Off Road 2009 - PRG 2.5" Lift Kit - AOR LED lights

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

@ Waqar, would be great to see the pics/ video from your camera!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
050 8134105

Sharkas

Post by Sharkas »

Thank you waqar for nice trip

bigboss

Post by bigboss »

thank you it was nice and fun

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

now i'm at work, so i have all the time to do the report!

First, thanks to my friend Waqar for the nice trip! great track, definitely not intermediate beginner, but the convoy was following nice. And we had enough breaks not to struggle too much. I had fun, the dunes and the sand was perfect, and i always enjoy seeing everybody from the back!

Second, special message for all:
- MLC: you were good. I would not be surprised to see another star soon. Yes, you got stuck and had a nice pop out, but believe me, it was not an easy run, and with a tornado manual, you were perfect. I have no doubt to see you in harder conditions soon. Just take your time, step by step!
- Qaruoty, good to see you again. Was a long time indeed... I always like your good mood, whatever happen. :D Just try not to invite too much friends without talking to the marshal ;)
- Guevara: as said, so good to be in UAE with friends... And yes, never plan something after a trip. you'll always be late.
- Sharkas: smooth and easy. Need more fun?
- Big Boss: nice to meet you. Just try to register in a way or another. we love surprise, but you might be not as lucky next time. And by the way, nice ride!
- Master Bulldozer: poping out from nowhere! i alway love to see you finding us, as if we were in a Mall! Good you were here, you took care of all the works!!! :lol:

see you all sooner or later. The season just started!
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

btw, Big Boss, i forgot to ask you my radio back! ;) is it still with you?
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

QARUOTY

Post by QARUOTY »

Xof wrote:btw, Big Boss, i forgot to ask you my radio back! ;) is it still with you?
I think he gave it to waqar

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

Xof wrote:btw, Big Boss, i forgot to ask you my radio back! ;) is it still with you?
its with me :)

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

video....i forgot to take most of it....just a few clips which i need to edit

Sharkas

Post by Sharkas »

Thank you Xof see you soo

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

Many thanks Xof, I can't wait for another trip but am traveling tomorrow so i guess i'll have to wait a while....
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
050 8134105