Liwa Desert Camping

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Liwa Desert Camping

Post by Uristier »

Everybody arrived at the meeting point on time – one at the wrong point but the member was there :?
Stage one was somehow “boring” – on road to Madinat Zayed were we topped up the tank, u-turned to drive in the correct direction and entered the sand. Deflation and briefing and the group of six campers was ready to explore the dunes for a camping place in nowhere.

Up and down – soft and hard and great slip faces were the challenges. The Newbies could see a spectacular winch recovery using all available resources.

We all deserved a coffee break and luckily found “Fathima’s coffee shop” open. Full with fresh energy we continued our search for nowhere. Lucky again and we found the “desert sign” to nowhere and set up our camp.

The camp fire was really big but needed in a cold and clear desert night. The sleep under the starry sky was great :zzzz:

After a good breakfast we continued our tour towards Arrada. Again up and down – soft and hard and a stuck here and there. To maintain the continuity we showed our Newbies another spectacular recovery. Thank you Frank for the “demonstration” well done :scratch:

We finally arrived Arrada sound and safe, inflated the tires and started the boring stage back to Abu Dhabi.

Another great weekend passed much toooooo fast. I enjoyed the weekend in Liwa with our Newbies. A special big THNAK YOU to Frank who had a pity with me and joined the trip last minute just to do some hard work :ty:

See you soon somewhere in nowhere :bye2:

Uristier

Frank

Re: Liwa Desert Camping

Post by Frank »

Thx urs for the trip.
Liwa is always nice.

congratulation to all newbies. you all did it very well.
I hope I didnt snore at the campfire, if yes than you knew I am still alive :lol: but I need the sleep for the special recovery.

What happen in Liwa stays in Liwa.

cu
frank
Is der Berg a no so steil a bisserl wos geht allerweil
Men are not complicated - We are a fun
Who have driving skills - no need exorbitant power

Airvey

Post by Airvey »

Many thanks to Urs who this wonderful idea to show us what Liwa is, and also what is camping in the desert !!!

Very pleasant drive and also entertainment ... I am talking about the early morning, for a second, in the sleep, I thought we were somewhere else, in some helvetic country !

I am glad that Frank did enjoy the week-end, this is somewhere a relief, because he was quiet busy with us ;)

We will all remember the final recovery, somewhere, an art !

Thank you to all for the good compagny.
formely known as Scottie63118

ASM Clermont Auvergne

Champion de France 2010 et futur champion 2012 (si tout roule comme prévu)

Abdelkader
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abdelkader »

Great week end!!! Camping for the first time in the desert … and it’s Freeziiiiiiiiing!!
Liwa desert is really beautiful and I really enjoyed the 2 trips

Let’s say that we had 3 strong moments:
- Warm up with a first recovery where the two Marchals had to try different solutions and use all their resources....ahh the nice soft sand is really tricky in Liwa ;-)
- Camping night with a nice and warm Fire, nice people and belly dance music
- The Artistic recovery made by Frank… at less than ~500m from the civilization. This was one of the moments where at the end everybody says “Ouahhhh” and clap hands.

Thanks to the Marshals and all the group for this week-end, I am really looking fwd for the next trip 8-)

Kdidjo / Abdelkader
Abdelkader / Nissan Xterra / 05 0628 2632
GoPro Videos: https://vimeo.com/channels/fennec
20-19-11 + 3Sp