All reports about trips and events
Dune Rider
Marshal
Marshal

Who is Ready for a Full Day of FUN This Friday-Dxb Report

Post by Dune Rider »

Good afternoon all,
we net at meeting point on time Ex. 1 delay them moved to deflating poit,
we also had a very nice suprrize apperance of marshal Waleed.
it was a big group of 13 cars with a nix of newbie and inter.
we started colse to forill roack and derfted nw then west to SW to al fayah.
with minimal issues, by 12:15 we heded to al madan and took break on the way for friday prayer.
the afternoon leg of the trip stated at 2pm. and took the group to ghost town, and then hit the sand in area 53,
the sand was soft and the guys managed well , but we did have 1 popout and many small stucks and few big stuck, wich was delat with by 259(sultan) and shadi.
i had to cut the trip shot due to time and headed to exit poit at badayer shops for deflating.
the convy was moving slow so thay tased some night drive.
ithink all did well given the train and time.
over all this trip realy all day trip,
i hope that the members had fun and enjoyeed the trip and much as i did leading them and having thair company.

i hope we can do some thing like this again some time soon.

thank u all the members who joint the trip and than to nader for 2nd lead, thx to sultn and shadi for sweep and recovery.
and last not least thx to marshal Waleed to coming.
i love to have feed back from the joing members to help me for planing future trip,

C U ALL SOON .
Last edited by Dune Rider on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NISSAN VTC SWB 2015 & NISSAN VTC LWB 2016

niazyk
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Who is Ready for a Full Day of FUN This Friday-DXB+SH Repot

Post by niazyk »

Except for the 1 hour morning waiting for the delayed start :dash1: I enjoyed the day a lot :D .

Very nice tracks and the tricky 53 trapped me for the only stuck of the day :scratch: . Attempted 2 recoveries :hoya: and did prety well for the second :dance2: . Loved the night drive :o , in fact did not want it to end :twisted: .

Thank u Bu Nassir for organizing :okk: :hiii: , Walid for the morning overlook :okie: , Nader for the second lead :okk: , Sultan and Shadi for the sweeping :heat1: every one lese for the excellent company :amigo: .

See you all in the dunes soon :bye2:

Airvey

Re: Who is Ready for a Full Day of FUN This Friday-Dxb Report

Post by Airvey »

great day in the Dunes.

Thank you Bu Nassir for this wonderful time :) . We have been in great places and area 53 is really amazing ! :)

the tip-off was long, I agree but we eventually entered in the dunes around 10:15 am.

The night drive has been an unexpected but a very rich experience on different aspects for me :
- driving at night is much more complicated and it definitly require good confidence to be confortable with ... I am not there yet :D
- at night, more that anywhere else, discipline basic rules of driving in convey should be strictly followed and enforced with full and constant attention of in-front car and behind car to prevent any significant gaps to be created (we were in a zone with many marks in sand .... so not easy to figure which one to follow)
- radio communication in the dark is key for a good control of a long convey - as a newbie, I felt we missed better rules to be more accurate in communications (maybe there are good practices defined in the club - it might be worth to enforce them if they exist).
- always keep an eye on the clock, make sure we allow ourselves enough time join the civilization before dark - especialy with newbies.

I did appreciate the great serinity of everybody for the night drive and the good help of Nader and Shadi.

A special thank to Sultan who did a wonderful job to recover and assist everybody in an always very kind way :D

note :
1/ glad to experience my first pop-up :lol: at that time, everybody understood we would drive at night :D :D :D
>> excellent help from members to quickly fix it !!
2/ my LC can (safely) fly :D :D :D
Last edited by Airvey on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
formely known as Scottie63118

ASM Clermont Auvergne

Champion de France 2010 et futur champion 2012 (si tout roule comme prévu)

Rmass
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rmass »

It was indeed a great drive. Since the drive was announced, I was looking forward for it, a full day drive was the thing I'm looking for since started off driving. Even though it was a long convoy, yet it was managed well. Excellent communication from Bu Nassir all the way. Nader, 259 & Shadi were an excellent team to support Bu Nassir, and every body felt the strong harmony between the leader second lead and sweepers.
AD4x4 obviously doesn't only provide skills of desert driving and dunes conquering, but also skills of leadership communication and sense of responsibility. Stucks were released in less than 5 minutes, even the popup was fixed in 10 or 15 minutes. Night drive was fully under control, no panics, it was rather enjoyable and Im sure every one is looking forward to a night drive again.
Bu Nassir, Nader, 259 and Shadi I would sign up with you guys to any trip to any where.
It was nice meeting everyone yesterday.
Wish every one a great week. ;)

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Thank you Bu Nassir for a great trip. Lots of technical driving in Area 53 with the small but difficult dunes and tight turns. Also, ghostville was amazing to see The night drive was equally impressive and a nice bonus.

AD4X4 values safety and that is a major reason why i love this club. Hence, I was suprised to learn that no marshall was present after lunch. Although Abu Nassir did a great job leading the convoy, it would have been nice to announce this to the trip participants who could have then made a choice whether or not to continue on a trip without a marshall. Esp. having a night drive with a large amount of newbies without a marshall is something that goes against the spirit of AD4X4 in my honest opinion.

I hope that Club Leadership will revise its rules in this matter and make it a rule that at least one marshall should be present during trips.

This is not to critisize Bu Nassir who did an excellent job in leading the group and also put a lot of effort into preparing for the trip, checking the gates that are open the night before. Truly impressive dedication and it was a great opportunity to experience the dunes around Dubai!
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

Thanks everybody for the nice trip! 8-)

... and a special thanks to Bu Nassir and 259. I can't wait to have another trip with you guys ! :mrgreen:
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

Advanced
Advanced

Post by 259 »

Thanks Bu Nassir for such sweet trip, :D :D I had great fun. We had both Alex in the trip :) Thanks to Nader and Shadi for 2nd lead and assistance.it took one pop out to get sun behind horizon and left us to have more fun :D . Thanks Bu Nasser for finding easy route to end at shops where we had chat and said goodbye to each other. All did excellent, one pop out and few stucks were dealt with ease, Bu Nasser winch is easiest way to get car out of stuck. It was nice to see ghost town and drive really close to them. I am more addicted to Dubai trips for beautiful scenery and lovely company of new members whom are very friendly and fun to be with in group :D

One note: We should stick to departure time in all fairness to people who arrive on time. But since late comer drove all the way from Abu Dhabi to join the trip and got lost with direction, Bu Nasser was mr. Nice and waited patiently :roll:

When is our next full day trip :twisted:
Proud member of ad4x4.com best club in UAE
Hummer H2
Geländewagen- , modification: None
+971527000003 also can be reached email: ameeris@hotmail.com

The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease-- Voltaire

Millhouse
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Millhouse »

Great trip Bu Nassir - I enjoyed it. Good mix of driving. I'm always a fan of the morning trips!
SWB Patrol - 1999
050 220 4203

Shadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Shadi »

First of all I would like to thank you Bu nasir for the wonderful day in the desert and for the nice area you selected( area 53) is really amazing
specially that you give us time for Friday prayer
From my side I enjoyed it
I would like to thanks all members, really all of them did well
Waleed many thanks for your coming
Sultan many thanks for your quick and nice support
Nader and ossme many thanks

See u all on sand soon
Shadi
JKU 2016
Mob:055 55 247 93

If you will follow that black, you will NEVER come back
Did 335 offroad trips till 1/10/2016

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

desertfun wrote:I hope that Club Leadership will revise its rules in this matter and make it a rule that at least one marshall should be present during trip
Thank you for highlighting this. As a matter of fact the club leadership has considered the fact that only experienced people are allowed to lead. Namely Explorers and Marshals whereas Explorers lead intermediate and higher and only in special occasions/agreements and with a special permission are allowed to lead newbie trips. Bu Nassir and 249 did have this special permission and both have the full trust of th club management. Our friend Waleed was unplanned but as Marshal he has the right to pop in/out on any trip with the permission of the leader. Additionally I am sure that it was visible in the trip announcement who is the leader and what qualification/rank he has.

.... loads of words but what I wanted to say is: We take our task serious and nothing was at risk.

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

niazyk
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by niazyk »

To confirm Jo's statement that only the capable are allowed to lead ... at no point after sunset did I feel worried or that things are going out of control. Bu Nassir/Sultan did well in re-arranging the convoy and keeping the inexperienced newbies close right after the second lead and the more comfortable and intermediate after them which was wise and boosted confidence among the people who where feeling left out.

In life, one should be prepared but ready to deal with the unexpected I guess.

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

It was really nice meeting you all 8-) . Thank you Bu Nasser for organizing such a trip. Very well done, you did a great job to ensure that all enjoyed and reached home safely. :)

I as all other Marshals was busy on that day but I couldn’t resist joining you guys. I really missed the fun of the second part of the trip :cry: due to my personal unavoidable commitments. :x Special thanks to 259 for the great support and the noticeable efforts in keeping things under control.

It is well known to all of us (as it also happens to all of us) things might deviate from the original plan due to any unexpected factors but we always ensure that it is well managed taking the safety as a top priority.

Again thank you all for the nice company and nice lead and wonderful support and wish to meet you all again soon ;) .
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Jo wrote:
desertfun wrote:I hope that Club Leadership will revise its rules in this matter and make it a rule that at least one marshall should be present during trip
Thank you for highlighting this. As a matter of fact the club leadership has considered the fact that only experienced people are allowed to lead. Namely Explorers and Marshals whereas Explorers lead intermediate and higher and only in special occasions/agreements and with a special permission are allowed to lead newbie trips. Bu Nassir and 249 did have this special permission and both have the full trust of th club management. Our friend Waleed was unplanned but as Marshal he has the right to pop in/out on any trip with the permission of the leader. Additionally I am sure that it was visible in the trip announcement who is the leader and what qualification/rank he has.

.... loads of words but what I wanted to say is: We take our task serious and nothing was at risk.

Jo
Thanks Jo for your reply and good to hear that the Club has specific rules. At no time I felt unsafe and Bu Nassir did a great job in leading this convoy.

That being said, should the trip, which started at 8:45 AM have finished at 9 PM instead of the usual 5-6 PM? And should this 12 hour newbie trip, with a 3 hour night drive have been without marshal presence? Would a typical AD4x4 marshal have intervened and cut short the trip once it became clear that sticking to the original route would take too much time?

I am in no position to answer these questions and this should not be discussed here on the board anyway, but the Club Leadership could use this experience to refresh their thinking around this topic.

Regardless of the leadership skills of Bu Nassir (and again, I want to stress that I nor other trip members never felt unsafe), as a matter of principle, marshals are the ones with the most experience and in the best position to guarantee the safety of all trip members. It is only human that the person who spend a lot of effort into planning a trip, is ambitious to finish the trip. Having a "second opinion" in the group besides the planner/leader of the group, would be a good thing. Marshals have the authority and respect to provide this second opinion, hence my suggestion to have a marshal present during newbie trips.

All this being said, i will gladly sign up for the next trip under the leadership of Bu Nassir!
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

khoofo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by khoofo »

Thanks to all... full day of sand :twisted:

86Km! :mrgreen:
Jan6, 2012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cell# 050-5164545

Proud to be part of the best club ever!

Cruising in style! with some extra bits... ONLY IN A JEEP :D
____________________________________________________________________________________
2006 Silver TJ 4.0 - AT - 3" Teraflex lift - 33" BF Tires - Teraflex Steering stabilizer - K&N Air Intake - Borla Performance exhaust system

Rmass
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rmass »

desertfun wrote:Thanks Jo for your reply and good to hear that the Club has specific rules. At no time I felt unsafe and Bu Nassir did a great job in leading this convoy.

That being said, should the trip, which started at 8:45 AM have finished at 9 PM instead of the usual 5-6 PM? And should this 12 hour newbie trip, with a 3 hour night drive have been without marshal presence? Would a typical AD4x4 marshal have intervened and cut short the trip once it became clear that sticking to the original route would take too much time?
Hello Desert Fun,

The implications of too much of rules is complication that reduces the main purpose of offroad driving, which is from my point of view ADVENTURE. Once in offroad activity, nothing is certain, and should expect anything and be ready for it. As for me, I do not vote for complications, if my vote counts 8-) (Im still a newbie :( .