Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Dubai Intermediate Trip 3/2/12 Report

Post by Sean »

:D

enough said..... :lol:

Ok, seriously here goes......

Salim, Shadi, Jayne, Malte, Sultan(259) and Cherif all assisted on the mornings ANIT, we then went to meeting point for break, fuel and food and were joined ...early and on time by Adrian(Big Stinger) and Mokhtar (Rexterra), Cherif decided to sit back relax and enjoy the trip for this one as a pax......

We headed to entry point were only a few cars needed deflating and then did briefing, set convey and got underway.... For a change Sultan was second lead in his SWB landcruiser instead of always sweeping in the H2 :)

We started easy level (for the first 100m of flat :lol: ) then got everyone warmed up.....after a km or 2 doubled checked everyone was enjoying and happy, they were ;) I had already seen they were doing well...

The pace was quite quick and as detailed at briefing lots of side cresting and some tight spots too...We covered about 52kms (so for those on the anit as well 92kms all up including short trip to gas station and back) and had a NICE track.....a couple of popouts and a couple of second attempts and a couple of minor stucks,everyone did very well...

Thanks Sultan for nice 2nd lead for me and Malte for sweeping at the rear, thanks rexterra for sweeping the sweeper from time to time :lol:

A big thanks to Jayne for the PART lead you did, that was a real fun 30km :lol: what can I say but WOW.....lead was very good pace and challenging, and some tight technical spots too....well done....was nice to be 2nd lead for you during this part....

Everyone drove very well and Im sure got better understanding of their car, we worked well as a team and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.....At the end of day we all inflated and left SMILING.....

Sultan, Malte, Salim, Mohktar, Shadi, Adrian, Jayne, Cherif, am looking forward to the rerun :lol: :D

:D

Jayne
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Dubai Intermediate Trip 3/2/12 Report

Post by Jayne »

WoW I agree, best day yet in the sand!! :D :D 50km's in 3.5 hrs... Sean your lead was fantastic and I was more than slightly nervous taking over after your first 10km lead, I thought how an earth am I going to keep this challenging... Cherif thanks for passengering with me for the first 10 minutes finding my way in to the first set of dunes we attempted some small side crests and side slopes, could not believe how much fun it was, the jeep and I loved it so we kicked Cherif out back in to the Hummer and I just kept going finding bigger side crests both ways, and driving at a fast pace, felt like it was all a great dream. I stopped a couple of times to check how everyone was finding it, the smiles seemed to be big from all participants so I kept going. We moved through a long set of dunes, across a sabka and through another long set. I then had the fun of going round a fence so against the dunes we drove, in to some really big stuff close together, managed to find a way through and through to the next gate, 30kms in 2 hrs, fun fun fun :D Something just seemd to click for me yesterday, can't wait to do more more more!!!
We had a fantastic team of drivers who all worked really well together, everyone was concentrating so hard there was not much time for radio chat. Thanks to you all for your nice words of encouragement through the day, Malte nice work at sweeper, and thanks Sean for giving me such a big drive and lots of encouragment, it was nice having you at 2nd lead, you managed to keep up with me most of the time :lol:
Same time next week ;)
ph 050 319 7386

2012 Jeep Wrangler 2012
2011-2012 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2008-2011 Hummer H3

actros
Advanced
Advanced

Post by actros »

Sounds like it was an awesome trip - unfortunately I missed it, next time I'm IN though!

Dan

salimabdulghani
Advanced
Advanced

Post by salimabdulghani »

great trip guys, had heaps of fun and looking forward to the next trip. Great lead Sean and Jane loved it. Sultan, Malte, Mohktar, Shadi, Adrian, Cherif Great company c u guys soon.
regards,

Salim Abdul Ghani

Shadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Shadi »

Sean many thanks for the very nice trip and your support :) really it was nice group all of them did very well as jayne mentioned above it was no time for radio chat it was driving and driving
Scen I am in from now for any trip you will do :lol:
Thanks jayne for the nice lead
The trip was WAW
As I remember it was no stuck in the trip :shock:
Finally I would like to thank sultan ,Malte ,Moktar,Adrian and cherif for the nice time I spend with them
See you all soon :lol:
Shadi
JKU 2016
Mob:055 55 247 93

If you will follow that black, you will NEVER come back
Did 335 offroad trips till 1/10/2016

Dune Rider
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Dune Rider »

it look u all had fun . where i was from ;)
hope next time
NISSAN VTC SWB 2015 & NISSAN VTC LWB 2016

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

i love to read this kind of report, you can feel so much happiness, excitement and fun!!!

Thanks Sean for being so active and having so much member enjoying the sand with you.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

MalteJK

Post by MalteJK »

It was a really totally enjoyable trip. Me and my passenger left the sand with a big smile :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ..
Sean & Jayne your lead was really great and the pace was just totally right :D .

Thanks Sean, Jayne, Sultan, Shadi, Mohktar, Adrian, Salim, Ioana - great company guys! Waiting for the rerun :) !

Btw it was the first weekend as well where i left the sand without having to drive to the next workshop :lol: ...
I guess it is a good sign :-) ...
Oh and i discovered, that the Bushwacker digital Gauge has a 3psi tolerance :evil: so instead of 9psi i was on 6 ... (this lead to two popouts ... ) please anyone who's using this gauge check its accuracy!

Thanks Ioana for the nice pictures : https://plus.google.com/photos/11256756 ... banner=pwa
http://www.oryx4x4.com

“Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live”
c.b.

#green Jk Sahara ( totally stock ) ( 2013 -
#green Jk Sport ( totally struck ) ( 2013 - 2013 )
#white nissan badroll(stuck) ( 2012-2013 )
#silver jk Sahara unlimited ( stock ) ( 2010- )

phone : 0567786537

lead: Newbie(2) Intermediate(11), Advanced(5)

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

MalteJK wrote: Btw it was the first weekend as well where i left the sand without having to drive to the next workshop :lol: ...
I guess it is a good sign :-) ...
Me to MAlte, me toooo :lol:

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

Xof wrote:i love to read this kind of report, you can feel so much happiness, excitement and fun!!!

Thanks Sean for being so active and having so much member enjoying the sand with you.
Thanks Xof......truely it is my pleasure, I am lucky they come....and it was great fun... :D

Rexterra
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Rexterra »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to thank you all for this lovely trip and for the company.

Enjoyed the pace and the track. Great stuff.

Hoping to see you all soon.

Be safe.

Mokhtar

Advanced
Advanced

Post by 259 »

Wow, one of the nicest trip I did join so for, Sean thanks from the heart for such wild adventure. Jayne what a leading skills, you exhausted me trying very hard to keep pace, Sean& Jayne both made it very challenging with fast pace drive "safely", I was one happy man. All did excellent . Thanks to Sean, Jayne, Cherif (passenger), Salim, Shadi, Malte, Big Stinger, and Rexterra.

I rate this trip ***** :okk: :okie: :hoya: :hoya: :hoya: :okk: :okie:

when is rerun :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Proud member of ad4x4.com best club in UAE
Hummer H2
Geländewagen- , modification: None
+971527000003 also can be reached email: ameeris@hotmail.com

The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease-- Voltaire

cherif
Advanced
Advanced

Post by cherif »

Enjoied even by being a passenger
enjoied the track , the lead , the smile on everybody face
Jayne well done , nicely reading the dunes
see u all soon

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Sounds an awesome trip. I love the excitement and enthusiasm that you guys have when writing your report - I can only imagine how it must have been when you were actually driving. This is what it is all about.

I feel a trip to Dubai coming up very soon.

See you all in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

niazyk
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by niazyk »

cann't wait to do a trip with 50kms in 3.5 hours :newbee: