Top of the dune return

All reports about trips and events
zouzou
Advanced
Advanced

Top of the dune return

Post by zouzou »

We arrived to sweihan petrol station around 8:15 waiting some other cars to arrive straight ahead to the deflation point also waiting 1 more jeep then we start rolling it was so hot but so nice in the same time because of challenging spirit.
The main thing in this trip was to try the new jeep wrangler 2012 pentastar engine driven by Ameen ( kermet) with mechanical back up from western motors. It was nice and fast trip.
Thanks for all the member who join me . See you soon.

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Top of the dune return

Post by MLC »

If this is the trip in which Amin was supposed to try and test the Pentastar in the most gruelling conditions and with the most unforgiving driving, we want to know the results!!!!

Also, keeping in mind something Amin said to me (only he knows what it was), perhaps WM should let me test one to the limit too! If it survives me, then I would say it's a great car! (Yusufi is still surviving, but had to be in hospital aka WM for two weeks)!!!!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Top of the dune return

Post by Hani AMJ »

Thank you zouzou for the very interesting trip. Yes it was hot and the pentastar engine did't seem to be bothered with it. The temp gage was a quarter over half when the vehicle was pushed hard but the actual reading from the ECU was 106 degrees (still at normal operating temperature) transmission oil was also at normal operating temperature at both Hi gear and low gear. I guess this busts the Myth oh heating problems with the new engine.

In three weeks we are testing the pentastar engine for a 4000km offroad trip around the UAE. I will publish the results afterwords.

Special thx to every one on this trip for your great support with the testing.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vzwdpw

Eisa
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Eisa »

Thank you for the great trip.
050 666 4803

QARUOTY

Post by QARUOTY »

I missed it

zeer

Post by zeer »

Thanks zouzou for the nice and fast trip, it was nice to see you guys :)
Eyad Harb - 0501234066
One for All & All for One
"BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN"
DesNav2011 / DesNav2012 / DesNav2013 / JeeP Jamboree 2013 / Desert Clean / EDC trainer / Sanid Leader
2010-2012 Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(27)(02) Intermediate(60)(10) Advance(19)(02) Expert(02)(01) TOTAL (108)/(15)
----2013--- Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(12)(04) Intermediate(17)(05) Advance(21)(03) Expert(04)(00) TOTAL (55)/(12)