Report - Sweihan to Al Khatim 29/06/12

All reports about trips and events
Guevara
Marshal
Marshal

Report - Sweihan to Al Khatim 29/06/12

Post by Guevara »

We met in Sweihan petrol station and we moved at 1500 h. We entered the desert at the second gate, where is the Du antenna and we headed SW for around 50 km until we reached Al Khatim road. On that side the dunes are technical and quite big, with some bowls and soft sand.
The group worked perfectly. Special thanks to Ziad for the second lead and Sebastian for sweeping and pulling people out :mrgreen:

Weather was surprising fresh and dry and at sunset was definitely enjoyable ;) ;)

G
Last edited by Guevara on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobile 056 1205601
X Terra Off Road 2009 - PRG 2.5" Lift Kit - AOR LED lights

Sebastiaan
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report - Sweihan to Al Khatim 29/06/12

Post by Sebastiaan »

Another GREAT trip Stefano! Many thanks for organizing one at te last moment and I really like that you always chose a new track / area to explore. True off-road spirit so bring-on more! :D

So our trip saw many 2nd tries due to soft sand and a challenging track, and a few true stucks so I was happy to put the orange recovery snatch back into action after a long time of no-need-to-use.

Last night I tried to delete the last few black-top GPS points from our track but instead I lost the entire track for good without any chance of undo so Vader's gonna have to post the trip report instead ... Vader, step up to the plate! :D

However, I have 1 shot of my Toy Yoda wearing her new shoes. First time out with the new Yokohama 265/75-R16 AT's; upgraded from Yokohama 265/70-R16 HT's. Speedometer finally matches GPS speed (almost) and these AT's seriously fight-on where the HT's would have given-up so money well spend! I also bought new rims with 3+ cm of extra back spacing per tire to increase the wheel base / stability after the OME lift and to stop the larger tires from rubbing.
29 June Sweihan Trip.jpg
Temps where dry and cool so no excuse to go out there again next weekend :lol: so see you soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toyota Fortuner on 2" high heels
050-6625490

Vader
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report - Sweihan to Al Khatim 29/06/12

Post by Vader »

Thanks for a great afternoon Guevara :D and thank Sandwitch for a great sweep job, it's very comforting knowing your're behind me somewhere if I ever need help :D

My Sandwitch Report!:
راعي الربع