Report: Catch The Early Birds.. 28/09/12

All reports about trips and events
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Report: Catch The Early Birds.. 28/09/12

Post by desert_hawk »

All met on time and got ready for departure, with one NO SHOW from Sebyseb and no communication, unfortunately Frankenstein payed one of his games again, so Dave drove back to civilisation while we drove away from it.

As we reached the deflation point, we discovered an extra car in the convoy !! A confused new member who got lost between marshals, but definitely with good intentions :)

After briefing, we started our trip with confidence, and we moved through the dunes, going through the challenging terrain that we chose; at our first break, IDO took the lead for a while where he moved us even further through the dunes with the same pace and great choice of track.

Break here and there to have a chat with a great company till we reached the high dunes, and crossed with Urs's group, then met again for the breakfast break under the shades of a tree on top of the dune.

After nice chat with friends, snacks and a kite flying over our heads, we moved to play in the half hour left for us, and with 10 minutes remaining, we made it through the dunes back with great offroaders who will have brilliant future in this hobby.

The convoy moved smoothly with NO STUCKS to report and few second tries under the watchful eyes of Waleed and Tillybean.

-IDO, good lead and smoother choice of the terrain with good communication with your 2nd lead (me :mrgreen: )
-svcettiquette, you were lucky this time ;) , make sure you'll be on time in the next trip, you did very well otherwise, nice meeting you
-bentleyc080167, nice driving, and good control of your car, hope to see you again, think about the nickname ;)
-White X, great meeting you again, nice driving and better control of your car, hope you use the tip I gave you
-Muzammils, great to have you again, and your friends, your confidence build up is really showing, good progress
-The_Kraken, day after day your driving skills are flourishing, and using the feedback wisely, it will always be pleasure to have you in the trip, at least I will have someone to fight with.... by water
- DesertDawg, what can I say, I was so happy when you signed up for the trip, but I think your car didn't like my trip :(
-Mosalfkad, it was pleasure having you as a passenger, I'm sure you will make your decision wisely now ;)
-Tillybean, thanks for your help and support, valuable as always
-Waleed, what a nice surprise when I received your SMS last night, thanks for the great support and help

Till next time, drive safe
Mo
Last edited by desert_hawk on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

IDO
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report: Catch The Early Birds.. 28/09/12

Post by IDO »

Thanks Mo for the nice trip with a lot of old and new friends, thanks for leading me lead part of trip " practice makes perfect" hopefully i will reach perfect sooner than later.
i for my self enjoyed me time in the trip and looking froward to the next one.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

What a fab morning. Totally had a blast with everyone and really enjoyed it, despite the early morning start although we were rewarded with a glorious sunrise.

As always, DH chose the right route for the group and made sure that everyone was comfortable before cranking it up a notch or two. I liked sharing the sweeping job with Waleed although everyone did so well we really didnt have much sweeping to do, more guidance and advice and some instructions. A few second tries here, a stuck there, a great self recovery from Muz who read the situation well and got himself out very cleanly :D Nice job everyone.

IDO - great leading. Nice choice of track and good comms with everyone. Hope to see you leading more and more.

Everyone drove really well. It is always nice to catch up with people you have not seen for a while such as White X and see how much their driving has improved. Great driving today Bob. Keep it up.

Really nice to meet some new faces and our passenger....and our unexpected addition to the group. :lol:

I am still on a sugar rush from the breakfast of marshmallows, wiggly worms and coke!!

Nice to meet up with Urs' group and to share the breakfast "cafe" location with them.

See you all in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

It was a wonderful day , and it a pleasure being on your trip DH with a lot of fun . It was really nice meeting all the group and their extraordinary performance

well done IDO for your partial leading and well done all for passing all different levels of difficulties. hope to see you all soon
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

DesertDawg
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by DesertDawg »

Guess how I spent the rest of the day....
CH.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Travelling in my truck...

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Hope Frankie is recovering. Was nice to see you and F at the meet point....maybe next time we could move a step closer to the desert!

Shout up if you need a hand with anything.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

muzammils

Post by muzammils »

What a great weekend, I love the trip Mo you have a done a great job to crafting a great route You all are rock!
Sam and Waleed thanks for your tips and recommendation.
Thanks all for the great company and I am sure to see you all again on the sand again soon.

Here you can find few pics from the trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgoWXQ-m ... e=youtu.be
Nissan Patrol SWB

The_Kraken
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by The_Kraken »

Great trip guys, really enjoyed it! Especially when someone fell over in the petrol station causing himself a flesh wound trying to throw water on me!!

:wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:
THE KRAKEN - +971529115666
Jeep Wrangler 2012
Stage 3+ Clutch upgrade
aFe Power MagnumFORCE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake System
aFe MACH Force XP Exhaust System
TeraFlex 2.5" Lift
TeraFlex Front Drive Shaft
Cooper ST MAXX Tyres
GT wheels

Trips:
ANIT - 2 Briefing Done and first star achieved :-)
Newbie - 8 Second star Achieved :-)
Intermediate - 1

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

The_Kraken wrote:Great trip guys, really enjoyed it! Especially when someone fell over in the petrol station causing himself a flesh wound trying to throw water on me!!

:wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha: :wahaha:
still bruised :lol:
I guess the adrenaline played a role in me getting up that quickly :lol:
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

:mrgreen: Hi Mo and all the other riders,

This was exhilarating trip for me, cant wait to get a set of wheels so decided on a new one. Should be able to finish the first thou kms in a jiffy and will get in on a anit trip soon.

Speacial thanks to Bob, Sam and the gang for sharing their experieinces with their cars.

Have decided to go for a Fj - I can almost hear Sam's scream of "NOOOoooooooo!!! :))

Guess, the decision is because of the office commuting requirements as well.

Once again thanks to all for having me as a pax on board the convoy. Happy driving...and be safe
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D