Report: Discover The Treasures of Al Khazna.. 05/10/2012

All reports about trips and events
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

As the participants started to arrive under the darkness of the night, and as we headed out, the sun welcomed us at the horizon announcing the official start of the day.

After deflation and briefing, we started bashing the dunes, small and big, looking for any signs for the hidden treasures, and as we went deeper in the desert, we saw and found more creatures, gazals, gerbils (desert rat), butterflies, dragonflies, horses, camels, my son had a great time and was eager to discover more.

The area had lots of bushes, and bit bumpy, but we tried to avoid it and make use of the bare areas as much as possible.

After short distance in the trip to warm up, IDO took the lead confidently, while I was his 2nd lead and Tillybean, and the track was professionally chosen to the end.

Our convoy moved smoothly, with NO STUCKS at all, few 2nd tries and 1 punctured tyre, which was replaced quickly, this gave us the chance to enjoy driving more while taking nice short breaks to chat and relax in the nice weather.

As the clock announced 10:30, we reached our destination, and started heading to the station to inflate.

- IDO, nice to have you again in the trip, very nice track, I'm eager to join a full trip lead by you, inshalla soon, and thanks for being my jeep mechanical advisor for the 2nd time ;)
- Dutt, great to have an OLD member (but young in age ;) ) back in action, you have a nice control of your DEFENDER, hope to see you more often, remember, the flag will save your vocal cords ;)
- BERHO Desert, welcome back, nice driving, and hope to see you more often, I'm sure next time you will stop when everyone stops ;)
- Frastow, nice meeting you, and thanks for taking my pax with you, good driving
- The_Kraken, what can I say, you were the victim this trip with the tyre issue, hope you get it sorted soon, see you back in action next week; try to get a matching spare and a more practical jack, it's always a good idea ;)
- Scotchyl, nice driving, the more time you spend with your car, the more you know it better, hope you sort all the issues soon
- Ihab, nice driving, and pleasure to have you in the trip as always, that was a nice self recovery, I like such techniques :)
- Mosalfkad, congratulations for the new car, I'm sure you had a nice day with us, but it will be nicer if you drive, inshalla soon.
- Tillybean, thanks for the support in the trip to everyone, appreciated as always.

Till next time, take care and drive safe.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

IDO
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report: Discover The Treasures of Al Khazna.. 05/10/2012

Post by IDO »

Thanks Mo for another gr8 Trip, looking forward to the next time.

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

Thanks mo for a great trip yesterday. Not been to this area in a long time so was very nice. The sand was soft in places but when we had breakfast the shade was so good the sand was cold and very refreshing.
I had a great time and jeep seemed to take it well and enjoy it . I am sure Issue will be remedied before next next trip. Looking forward to next trip.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

sanjeev
Advanced
Advanced

Post by sanjeev »

Mo,
Nice to meet you - great trip and looking forward to the next one. It was nice meeting all the guys. Some photos of the trip here, including the one of you in your dream car :lol:

http://photos.mulay.net/Offroading/Al-Khazna-with-DH

Till the next time, :bye2:

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

What a lovely start to my weekend - a great morning drive in the sands of Khazna with a fab group of people,

Nice track from DH with some very soft sand to play in and lots of low bumps and bushes - my favourite !!!

Very nice to meet some old returners to the club - great driving from you both and loved the defender Dutt - very nice driving in the short dips and bumps with your LWB. Hope to see you both out on more trips.

Really enjoyed the stops with breakfast in the only shadow we could find. The coffee was very welcome at this point and the chat was great.

The trip was a good one (as always) with everyone driving well and with confidence. Good partial lead from IDO where he showed restraint, confidence and an ability to read the dunes with great communication. We had one puncture which The_Kracken made sure was a good one as he got a side wall and an in-tread puncture, just to be sure!! With a quick tyre change we carried on but it showed having the right kit is essential - my new bottle jack (99AED) and the 4-way spanner thingymabob (50AED) from ACE proved a great investment.

Thanks to everyone for putting a big smile on my face. AD4x4 rocks.

See you all in the sand soon.

PS - awesome photos and love the one of DH in his dream car :D One day Mo, one day. Keep wishing and hoping....!!
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Couldn't resist posting this one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

The_Kraken
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by The_Kraken »

Thanks DH as always a great trip!!

Unfortunately I absolutely killed the tyre and the guys in the shop last night found it hilarious!!

So finally got it fixed at 9pm last night and then christened it today with Docs trip into the Wadis!

Thanks for the amazing team work getting the tyre changed, we would make and F1 team!! :lol: :lol:

See you all soon guys! ;)
THE KRAKEN - +971529115666
Jeep Wrangler 2012
Stage 3+ Clutch upgrade
aFe Power MagnumFORCE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake System
aFe MACH Force XP Exhaust System
TeraFlex 2.5" Lift
TeraFlex Front Drive Shaft
Cooper ST MAXX Tyres
GT wheels

Trips:
ANIT - 2 Briefing Done and first star achieved :-)
Newbie - 8 Second star Achieved :-)
Intermediate - 1

Ihab
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ihab »

Many Thanks Mo for accepting me in the trip. It was really wonderful as usual and i have the pleasure to be always with you . group was fantastic with his Technical drive skills and we all enjoyed our day.
i"ll be Waiting for the next trip Insha’Allah . :) :)

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Thanks all for the positive feedback, for such great company the trip is super successful
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

BERHO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BERHO »

Many Thanks DH for a great trip.
Power is Nothing Without Control