Advanced with mamoun 5th/10 REPORT

All reports about trips and events
mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Advanced with mamoun 5th/10 REPORT

Post by mamoun »

I will leave the report part to you guys :) ;)

Thank you all for the amazing time, I had enjoyed every minutes.
Hope to see all soon maybe next week if my car is ready.
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Shadi
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Advanced with mamoun 5th/10 REPORT

Post by Shadi »

Thanks Mamoun for the nice trip , very nice company . Hope your car will ready till next week
Thanks Vader, Abu Gazi and latef for the nice trip :D
See you all soon :D
Shadi
JKU 2016
Mob:055 55 247 93

If you will follow that black, you will NEVER come back
Did 335 offroad trips till 1/10/2016

Abu Ghazi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abu Ghazi »

The party started for me just after I left Al Ain after Juma prayer with my passenger heading to Swiehan patrol station, we reached the station 15 min before the departure time & every body was there ready to move, we had the chance to say :hiii: to our great friends in Zeer's trip, listen carefully to Mamoun's briefing then we moved towards gate 9 where we deflated our high pressured tires, raise our victory flags, set up the radios when a great marshal approached with his bright red Jeep 7amer (Eisa) said hi & kiss the nose & marhaba el sa'aa then hit the dunes behind our man Mamoun & being watch from behind by Shadi as our sweeper.

I just couldn't resist the first crest so I wanted to demonstrate to my passenger how to get stuck at the top of the dune, Shadi made the clean recovery then the real fun started up. We have done a lot of side crests, side sloops & some tricky small dunes areas, we also did so many back crest riding. While we were happilly enjoying our trip we sow a very beautiful gazelle who invited us to take our break under his trees shade, but of course he had to run away to give us some privacy :-) we had a nice chit chat & am sure everybody knows what it was about :| ... No it wasn't about the new system, it was about cars for sure :hahaha:

We started the second part of the trip heading to the sun with a lot of action & tons of fun & practicing & so much learning by Mamoun, few demo stucks here & there, but we discovered that the sun was very far away so we decided to end our trip in al Khatim, some of us went to the BBQ point to enjoy the evening with other trips & some desided to leave. For me it was a log trip because I had to drive my passenger back to Al Ain then drive all the way to AD.

Thank you very much Mamoun for you invitation to the advance trip, it was really such great new experience :newbee:
Thank you our expert Shadi for the clean sweeping
Another thanks to Latief & Vader for accepting the invitation & joining the trip, guys u really rock :cheeeeers:

Wish you guys a great week a head & hope to see you soon in another advance trip :D
Trips counter:
Old rules: ANIT (1+2 as assistant), Newbie (14), Intermediate (13) One Liwa,
New rules: ANIT (2 as assistant), Newbie (2), Intermediate (9), Advance (7) One Liwa
Trips led:
New rules: Newbie (0), Intermediate (5), Advance (0)

Vader
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Vader »

Found Mamoun just inside Abu Dhabi (by chance) and we drove together to Sweihan. I noticed that he was having problems with his car on the road and after some hand gestures out of the window indicating that I should go to channel 7 he confirmed that he was losing power. Once at the gas station we met up with the rest as well as Zeer's group that was also heading out in Sweihan. After a briefing where the possibility of a Lead & Sweep was discussed (because of the condition of Mamoun's car) we were on our way. Got to the deflation point where we saw Eissa who stopped by for a quick hello and we were off. Mamoun decided to give it a try with his TJ for a little way (which ended up being all the way :P) and I must say, that it was very impressive with the car constantly losing power, it's like he hopped his way from Sweihan to Al Khatim :lol:

As for the drive itself, this was a great experience with a very hands-on approach. The small group meant that we got a lot of direct attention and constant feedback on what we were practicing and I think that this is something we've been missing in some of our drives (at least for me). It doesn't have to always be like that because after all we are here to enjoy the outdoors and each others' company, but from time to time having drives where a specific skill set is practiced allows you to develop these skills and get the feedback you need to improve on them.

Mamoun did this to perfection yesterday :) Shadi was our sweeper and he did an excellent job too, finally finding the right balance on his tire pressure. This was another thing that was great about yesterday, the recoveries were discussed in a little bit of detail which further added to the educational value of the trip. All that aside, driving with Latief and Abu Ghazi is always a pleasure, I think everyone did really well and we enjoyed the nice weather and overall a beautiful day.

Thanks to all of you who helped make this trip possible. I think somewhere in the forums Ritter mentioned that this is her favorite part about being in the UAE. Having been born here, there are many things about this country that I love but I have to agree that this goes somewhere near the top :)

Check out the 'Sandwich Report' for some details on the trip 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
راعي الربع

latief
Advanced
Advanced

Post by latief »

Vader, that red blob/arrow on the gps track is probably abu-ghazi's car visible from space :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Awesome trip! the most fun i have had to date in the sand....thank you maestro mamoon for orchestrating this wonderful trip, i am still amazed that you can drive that handicapped car and do all what you do.....ask SSS for the refund on the engine and transmission :D

great company, great track, great weather, amazing side-cresting... we learned so many things....shadi: as i told you yesterday, you have came a very long way in your driving, mashallah, knock on wood...etc....you definitely deserve your new ranking and more......

as for the team: great guys vader and abu ghazi , always a pleasure...great confident driving, and great chatting with your. you missed the nice gathering at the end......looking forward to the next trip together ..........

Thank you zeer for the bbq, Audrey for the chat, eisa for the buying some parts (did you or did you not?), and 9ball for the massive fire :twisted: it was so nice in the desert yesterday, i am glad the cooler weather is upon us...

see you soon !
2008 Wrangler JK
056-7148747

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

Thank you all for the nice reports, the most important thing to me is you all had fun and went out of the desert safe :)
and sure will do part two ;)
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Zayed Ali Capitano

Post by Zayed Ali Capitano »

mamoun wrote:Thank you all for the nice reports, the most important thing to me is you all had fun and went out of the desert safe :)
man ... as Marshall... u don't have any problem to put recommendation for the some of the guys 8-) 8-) 8-)
My Life .... My Rules
Total trips: from 17/02/2012 up to date = 102trips(mashallah)

Eisa
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Eisa »

Was glad to meet you all at the deflation point and some of you at the BBQ point.
050 666 4803

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

Eisa wrote:Was glad to meet you all at the deflation point and some of you at the BBQ point.
Admit it, you came for the fire! :lol:
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

Zayed Ali wrote:
mamoun wrote:Thank you all for the nice reports, the most important thing to me is you all had fun and went out of the desert safe :)
man ... as Marshall... u don't have any problem to put recommendation for the some of the guys 8-) 8-) 8-)
Yesterday we were talking on the phone and you asked me the same thing and I answered you, after that you are posting this in the public, I am wondering what is the point :(

PS: Such a request got only one answer
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Zayed Ali Capitano

Post by Zayed Ali Capitano »

mamoun wrote:
Zayed Ali wrote:
Yesterday we were talking on the phone and you asked me the same thing and I answered you, after that you are posting this in the public, I am wondering what is the point :(

PS: Such a request got only one answer

i am sorry man.. please accept my Apologies
My Life .... My Rules
Total trips: from 17/02/2012 up to date = 102trips(mashallah)