Yala Advanced Fri 5 Oct - Report

All reports about trips and events
zeer

Post by zeer »

Met in Sweihan gas station 14:00 unfortunately abu samara couldn’t join us, he wasn’t feel well, hope you are ok now brother, ohh Tawalbeh call and joined But he was driving jeep :o nice powerful car man, but go back to Nissan :x
We went to deflation point get our toys ready, briefing and the fun started.
Actually it supposed to be training trip but the joined advanced drivers Ritter and Snappy are last season LIWA mates, so focused was on leading, anyway I led the convoy for little time, then Ritter took the lead almost half the way to al Khatim, we practice everything on different sized dunes with nice two playing areas, some stuck here and there, nice team work clearing the stucks.
I took the lead back to al Khatim, where Snappy decided to give me sand shower :lol: :lol: :lol: hope someone took pic for that.
By sunset we took the catch road to bbq spot, got there almost same time with Mamoun group, then having few hours of great fun, BBQ, shisha and chit chat. Weather was amazing.

Ritter, thanks for join and lead half of the trip,good smooth start and great controlling the level up to practice all Techniques.
Snappy Mabrook the new car, great controls your new car, appreciate not asking for lead part because of the new car, responsible decision.
Eisa,9Ball, Tawalbeh and Rubicon thanks for watching the convoy and hope you enjoy play in the back.
Thanks everybody for the great company, see you next week ;)
Eyad Harb - 0501234066
One for All & All for One
"BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN"
DesNav2011 / DesNav2012 / DesNav2013 / JeeP Jamboree 2013 / Desert Clean / EDC trainer / Sanid Leader
2010-2012 Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(27)(02) Intermediate(60)(10) Advance(19)(02) Expert(02)(01) TOTAL (108)/(15)
----2013--- Trips (counter)/(lead): Newbie(12)(04) Intermediate(17)(05) Advance(21)(03) Expert(04)(00) TOTAL (55)/(12)

Tawalbeh
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Yala Advanced Fri 5 Oct - Report

Post by Tawalbeh »

Thanks Zeer .. Great trip, nice track and responsible lead.

The JK 2012 is a great thing ...I have to admit. Powerful Engine ...needs control otherwise, it fly you over . Generally I really liked it.

Thanks again Zeer and all the friends. My passenger and I enjoyed the day....

See you in Liwa this week end.... :)

Hala Wallah....
It is about what is right not who's right
BANNA WAS A GOOD MAN..MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

Thanks to all for your support as always! My new toy went from ANIT to Advance in one day! Hehehe and survived! Lol! Great trip with great people! Totally in love with my new toy too! Can't wait to get it in the sand again!!

Ritter great lead! Soooo looking forward to following you more! Good combo of slopes and crests with a great pace!

Photos are on Facebook! There's even a pic of "the Fire" with sparklers!!!
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

rubicon
Marshal
Marshal

Post by rubicon »

Thanks Zeer for organising the trip and thanks Ritter for the lead, nice rouat great companies realy I enjoyed the trip , looking forword for next one but will be my turn inshallah :D :D :D .
Ahmed Mohammed Al Blooshi.

Eisa
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Eisa »

Thank you for the nice trip and was glad to had the great company.

Rubicon you don't have to wait for your turn as an expert you can announce a trip by yourself.

Hope to see you soon somewhere in the desert
050 666 4803

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

Thank you for a very nice trip, my passengers had a great time, enjoyed every moment of it. They were especially happy with having a fire 8-) :mrgreen: It was nice meeting Mamoun's group at the BBQ.
Snappy you are learning your new toy very quickly, congrats. Ritter nice lead, nice tracks. Zeer nice control of the group, nice planning, and it was nice doing cresting in the middle of the catch road 8-) :lol:
Driving during the sunset heading towards the sun was awesome, made some very nice pictures.
See you all next time, not sure when as my agenda is pretty busy for the next few weeks.
8-)
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE

ritter

Post by ritter »

Thanks for the truly lovely day with some of my favorite desert people. See you all again shortly I hope.

9Ball...... send me karate contact info please!!!!

Audrey
>> Audrey RITTER >> JK 2oo9 >> PHONE: 056.714.0637

ritter

Post by ritter »

Tawalbeh wrote:Thanks Zeer .. Great trip, nice track and responsible lead.

The JK 2012 is a great thing ...I have to admit. Powerful Engine ...needs control otherwise, it fly you over . Generally I really liked it.

Thanks again Zeer and all the friends. My passenger and I enjoyed the day....

See you in Liwa this week end.... :)

Hala Wallah....
Tawalbeh yellah Liwa! Are you switching teams or what? Jeep style now..... 8-)
>> Audrey RITTER >> JK 2oo9 >> PHONE: 056.714.0637

latief
Advanced
Advanced

Post by latief »

None of my business twalabah, but as a friend i cannot hold back my advice: don't buy a new jeep for the desert, it is a money pit.....

once you drive it off the lot, you will be happy. then you pay western 9000dhs to lift it, then your plastic bumpers will need replacement after a couple of time in liwa ..2500dhs each bumper...then you will need bigger tires after the lift 5000dhs , then you will either brake your front axle or need to reinforce it...brake it is 6000dhs, reinforce around 3000, then your tailgate will start rattling and they will tell you it is a jeep thing so you will need a tire carrier...2500 dhs

total 110 for the jeep + 9000 + 5000bumpers + 5000 tires + 3500 axle reinforcement + 2500 ....so total around 140 to be able to do what you do in your trusted nissan...then in 3 years you sell it for 60........

Buy a used one that has been modified or an old tj ....

My 2 fils
2008 Wrangler JK
056-7148747

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

Hmm Latief I kinda agree and kinda don't! There are many stock jk and TJs being driven in the club to the level of marshal proving mods are not necessary, it's a personal rather than performance thing.

My old TJ survived until now without having its axes reinforced....maybe that's down to drive style, the same can be said for front bumpers ...... Many models have plastic ones and face the same issue as JKS, including Nissans. (Xterras, Pathfinders and Armadas). As with all these cars there are slight design dilemmas but ultimately it's down to you the driver to decide how to drive your car and in that how much you want to spend repairing it! Oh and the tailgate on my old TJ never rattled either, only the roof creaked a little from time to time...I'd call that a quirk rather than an issue or reason not to buy!
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

latief wrote:None of my business twalabah, but as a friend i cannot hold back my advice: don't buy a new jeep for the desert, it is a money pit.....

once you drive it off the lot, you will be happy. then you pay western 9000dhs to lift it, then your plastic bumpers will need replacement after a couple of time in liwa ..2500dhs each bumper...then you will need bigger tires after the lift 5000dhs , then you will either brake your front axle or need to reinforce it...brake it is 6000dhs, reinforce around 3000, then your tailgate will start rattling and they will tell you it is a jeep thing so you will need a tire carrier...2500 dhs

total 110 for the jeep + 9000 + 5000bumpers + 5000 tires + 3500 axle reinforcement + 2500 ....so total around 140 to be able to do what you do in your trusted nissan...then in 3 years you sell it for 60........

Buy a used one that has been modified or an old tj ....

My 2 fils
Latief, I dissagree with you on this and agree with Snappy. Yes some modifications might be considered a must if you plan on going to certain parts of Liwa ( lift kit is good enough, and you don't need to spend a fortune ), otherwise it is only a matter of preference. A lot of people also think that it is easier and a shortcut to simply modify your car instead of learning and relying on the driving skills. Having a long wheel based unmodified car certainly forced me in developping the ability to read the dunes and chose tracks that I would not think about chosing if I relied only on the modifications on the car. A lot of us have made it to advanced levels simply using stock cars ( jeep, x-terra, land cruisers, etc...). Of course I am not saying modifications are not usefull, am just saying they are not mandatory in order to have fun out in the dunes. Also the modifications and damages you mention do not necessarely apply to everyone. 5 years I have been driving my jeep in the dunes like crazy, went all over the place, and I play a lot with it, never bent the front axle and never did any major damage to it, and most of the stuff that happened was covered by the warranty, yes the bumper is bumped a bit, so what, even if I fix it I will bump it again, so I bought a spare one for 500 Dhr I am keeping on the balcony for when I sell the car, I still drive the original stock tires, only bought a Old Man Emu kit, Mopar cold air intake, MT rims (second hand), and a set of off-road lights, and got all that only after I had already reached Marshal level.
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE