Report: Who Asked For ANIT Trip... 25/10/2012

All reports about trips and events
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Great people, awesome area, perfect timing... Always result in a great trip..

Some were early, some just made it, but we all were there at the briefing, got deflated and were ready to move.

The pace was good, and you can see the skills improving as we go deeper in the dunes.
Few 2nd tried and couple of stucks, but all part of the learning experience.

The break times were nice, where we sat, chatted and got to know each other more.

The_Kraken, very good 2nd lead
Nigel123, nice meeting you and the wife, great car you have, I told you my secret, but don't tell anyone ;)
Mosalf, nice car you have, what is it called again ;) finally you are driving :D
Frastow, good driving but NO jumping, nice meeting you again and the family
Nid, you improved greatly during the trip, well done
Kastrato, nice driving, hope you and your guest enjoyed your time, next time I will smoke in the petrol station and call you if the police catch me ;)
Ghass, great to have you back, your car looks great, Mabrook again
Tillybean, as always, thanks for the great support

You all did well and were up to the challenges put for you.

Hope you all enjoyed the trip, I did for sure, and looking forward to meet you all again on the sand soon.

Till then, take care and drive safe
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

nigel123
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Report: Who Asked For ANIT Trip... 25/10/2012

Post by nigel123 »

Got to ADNOC early wondering if it was the right one or not, Desert Hawk turned up and then gradually everyone else did, great lead by DH very good at explaining things and very patient, Kraken great to follow you and good to chat with, Tillybean thanks for the advice on my second and third attempts (next time we will bring a spare mug for tea!). all in all a very worthwhile experience which we both throughly enjoyed, great crowd to drive with.

Nigel 123 8-)
(All the gear no idea!!)

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

desert_hawk wrote:Great people, awesome area, perfect timing... Always result in a great trip..

Some were early, some just made it, but we all were there at the briefing, got deflated and were ready to move.

The pace was good, and you can see the skills improving as we go deeper in the dunes.
Few 2nd tried and couple of stucks, but all part of the learning experience.

The break times were nice, where we sat, chatted and got to know each other more.

The_Kraken, very good 2nd lead
Nigel123, nice meeting you and the wife, great car you have, I told you my secret, but don't tell anyone ;)
Mosalf, nice car you have, what is it called again ;) finally you are driving :D
Frastow, good driving but NO jumping, nice meeting you again and the family
Nid, you improved greatly during the trip, well done
Kastrato, nice driving, hope you and your guest enjoyed your time, next time I will smoke in the petrol station and call you if the police catch me ;)
Ghass, great to have you back, your car looks great, Mabrook again
Tillybean, as always, thanks for the great support

You all did well and were up to the challenges put for you.

Hope you all enjoyed the trip, I did for sure, and looking forward to meet you all again on the sand soon.

Till then, take care and drive safe
Wow, DH what a great experience following you. Thoroughly enjoyed the pace. It was thrilling to say the least. I finally got through my ANIT(I hope). I learnt so much yesterday but above all I learnt that we need to learn and respect the desert and the sand. If you fail to, it will treat you likewise and the consequences are for us to bear. You added a personal touch for which gave me a lot of confidence.

Thanks to Tillybean for her continuos support and encouragement to us newbies.

I am indebted to Gassan for his input on correct tire pressure and to Rob for waiting and checking on me each time I lagged behind.

Frastow, thanks for all the words of encouragement and above all for introducing me to this wonderful club. I owe it you Man.

Nigel, Nid wow, it was great driving with you and look forward to more such trips with you guys.

Thanks to all of you, I thoroughly enjoyed the drive and look forward to more of them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351271738.172799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

A really nice ANIT trip with great people.

Everyone did so well following the Hawk - a few second tries here and there and a couple of stucks added to the fun for everyone. Really liked the "chat" time and the melon at the end.

Thanks to DH for another lovely morning (along with his passengers) and for a nice route.

Mabrook to Mosalf - good driving in your new "baby" and nice to see that you took it easy and didnt get over confident.
Nigel123 and Chris - great to meet you both. Brilliant driving and good listening to instructions. You got up that dune in the end! And yes, please ensure you have adequate china on your next trip :lol:
Nid (aka Jayne's Car) - lovely to meet you and you have the TJ under great control already. Nice driving and a positive attitude.
Frastow - lovely to see you out with the family. Driving improved as you went through the day, but just remember to make sure that you can hear the Marshal ;)
The_Kraken - nice driving as always. Good solid second lead.
Kastrato - you have a handle on your car now George and your skills are good.
Ghass - so nice to have you back with us. Mabrook for the new car which, of course, you drove really well. Was incredibly impressed that you followed the track at all times and didnt wander off and play. Your driving skills are great.

Thanks again everyone for making this another great AD4x4 family day out in the sand. Thanks to those that paid for the party.

See you all soon and Eid Mubarak.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

nigel123 wrote:Got to ADNOC early wondering if it was the right one or not, Desert Hawk turned up and then gradually everyone else did, great lead by DH very good at explaining things and very patient, Kraken great to follow you and good to chat with, Tillybean thanks for the advice on my second and third attempts (next time we will bring a spare mug for tea!). all in all a very worthwhile experience which we both throughly enjoyed, great crowd to drive with.

Nigel 123 8-)
(All the gear no idea!!)

LOVE this quote!!
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Ghass
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghass »

Thx DH for this nice trip. Nice meeting you all guys we had a great day and a nice chat.
Simplicity is the mother of beauty

kastrato
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kastrato »

Once again we had endless fun!
Everybody as always was very friendly and helpful!
The marshals spot on! The route perfect and the scenery excellent! (the camels add on this)
Special thanks to Sam that gave me the strap to tie my cargo and to DH that allowed me to smoke.... illegally... :D :D
Also special thanks to DH for this lovely dessert experience once more..
Me and my passenger really enjoy this one!
I really liked the fact that we tried more uphills this time! Although I had a couple of second tries.. (its part of the learning process I guess)
Everything went smoothly from the beginning up to the time my battery gone flat.... DH thanks for the jump start...
Mabrook to the guys with the new cars!
I am looking forward to see you all again!!
Its all Greek to me......
_____
OIIIIIO

Why a WHITE Jeep? Because you can't go GREEN with 27l/100km

NID

Post by NID »

Thank you all for the great trip we had.
I personally enjoyed the drive very much. and i enjoyed the company even more... great people ,

special thanks to DH for the great lead, your easy approach encouraged me to be more courageous.
Tillybean thanks for the motivation and the great care you provide, you are truly the group glue.
The Kraken, thanks for all the support i really appreciate it. i will make use of all the information you provided me with.
Kastarto thanks for the tips and for the water :lol: you saved me in the desert.
Frastow thanks for the tips and for the wireless
Nigel123, Mosalf, Ghass thank you for the company and the positive environment you provided.

special request: i would really appreciate sharing with me any observation you had on the way i drove, especially the areas to improve. i am keen on improving. i will make good use of it.

looking forward for our next trip, please let me know if you are joining any trip soon.
Nid, in jayne's car, is ready :gym:

cheers

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

NID wrote:Thank you all for the great trip we had.
I personally enjoyed the drive very much. and i enjoyed the company even more... great people ,

special thanks to DH for the great lead, your easy approach encouraged me to be more courageous.
Tillybean thanks for the motivation and the great care you provide, you are truly the group glue.
The Kraken, thanks for all the support i really appreciate it. i will make use of all the information you provided me with.
Kastarto thanks for the tips and for the water :lol: you saved me in the desert.
Frastow thanks for the tips and for the wireless
Nigel123, Mosalf, Ghass thank you for the company and the positive environment you provided.

special request: i would really appreciate sharing with me any observation you had on the way i drove, especially the areas to improve. i am keen on improving. i will make good use of it.

looking forward for our next trip, please let me know if you are joining any trip soon.
Nid, in jayne's car, is ready :gym:

Sent you a PM.

cheers
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

the route image uploaded.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351427236.659209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D