Advance Drive 25th October 2012

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Advance Drive 25th October 2012

Post by waqmaster »

4 trucks, an Xterra, FJ and two JKs met up early in the morning and headed to Hameem, we stocked up on fuel at the Hameem ADNOC and moved out!

Drive was fast with a few breaks as we had a long distance to cover. Sand was super soft! and the winch came in handy.

All the drivers did extremely well and were great company, i had good fun...

Grizzly, i am very impressed with your driving now...you have come a long way!
bado, excellent job done, good listener and calm
MLC, thankyou for sweeping, yusufi is a beast now!

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Advance Drive 25th October 2012

Post by MLC »

At the expense of repeating myself, this was the BEST trip ever!

Many thanks to Waqar for FINALLY taking us to Liwa and showing us what the magic is all about . This trip was really worth the wait. The area was great with huge dunes, sheer slip-faces, deep bowls, tight tricky areas, large flat expanses where we could drive 'Paris Dakar Rally style' - all on what seemed like sand-coloured talcum powder! This was apparently the first time anyone from the club did this route, so it was a bit of a pioneering trip too! Many thanks also to Waq's Mom for the food and the photos.

Hani, you and Moza rocked Liwa! Woohooo!

George, you were one of the group right from the word go and we all felt we had known you for ages. Great driving and camaraderie - also many thanks for the snacks and for making sure I stayed safe in the back by following your track!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Yusufi did very well as Waq pointed out and I was pleased. However, Amin was right : re-gearing would mean the STTs would tend to dig more and this was obvious when I was trying to rescue Hani and George on two different occasions. Perhaps less aggressive tyres would be in order?

Oh, and just to add to the wish-list of mods: diff locks and a winch!!! (Is it bonus time yet???)

@ WAQ, we MUST do this track again. Soon!!!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

Grizzly
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grizzly »

MLC wrote:At the expense of repeating myself, this was the BEST trip ever!

Many thanks to Waqar for FINALLY taking us to Liwa and showing us what the magic is all about . This trip was really worth the wait. The area was great with huge dunes, sheer slip-faces, deep bowls, tight tricky areas, large flat expanses where we could drive 'Paris Dakar Rally style' - all on what seemed like sand-coloured talcum powder! This was apparently the first time anyone from the club did this route, so it was a bit of a pioneering trip too! Many thanks also to Waq's Mom for the food and the photos.

Hani, you and Moza rocked Liwa! Woohooo!

George, you were one of the group right from the word go and we all felt we had known you for ages. Great driving and camaraderie - also many thanks for the snacks and for making sure I stayed safe in the back by following your track!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Yusufi did very well as Waq pointed out and I was pleased. However, Amin was right : re-gearing would mean the STTs would tend to dig more and this was obvious when I was trying to rescue Hani and George on two different occasions. Perhaps less aggressive tyres would be in order?

Oh, and just to add to the wish-list of mods: diff locks and a winch!!! (Is it bonus time yet???)

@ WAQ, we MUST do this track again. Soon!!!

I tottaly agree with MLC
FJCRUISER
"STRAIGHT ROADS DO NOT MAKE SKILLFUL DRIVERS"

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

-V-
Marshal
Marshal

Post by -V- »

Very nice Video Waqar!!

Gopro cam?

Bado
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bado »

MLC couldn't find better words to describe it like you, i felt the same with you guys ( You and Hani ) like i know you from ages waq we already met before :) was fun riving in Liwa with all of you the first time for all of us, Waq huge thx i really appreciate the invite thx for giving me the chance to join in such an amazing trip, you actually made my season with this trip, great marshal and safety is your priority very clean trip definitely we should do it again with a camp and more driving the next day :D :D, and huge thx to your mom for the food and pics

Tareq i told you follow my tracks and you will be fine loool :lol: :P and thx for the support and the clean sweeping i still insist on u getting a winch before the dflock

Hani beautiful driving enjoyed bashing the dunes with you

i hope to see you all next time with a more challenging and safe trip can't wait to get upgraded so i can join some advanced trips with you all

Peace

-V-
Marshal
Marshal

Post by -V- »

How come I can't find the video anymore :?