Report: Another Glorious Day.. 02/11/2012

All reports about trips and events
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

And what a day it was, 17 cars with 17 great drivers and their passengers joined us the glory of the day.

It all started in meeting with part of Waleed's group at Sweihan ADNOC, the station was occupied by AD4x4 cars :)

Then we moved out to the deflation point where we met with the 17th car, deflated, general briefing and we divided the group into 2 lead by Waqar and myself.

Waqar will update us about his group, as for ours, well...

IDO took the lead for almost 3/4 of the trip, while I was his 2nd lead, nice, enjoyable and safe track, then we reached our main break spot, where we waited for the 2nd group, nice gathering it was, and with "YALLA let's move" everyone followed where we had some play and started heading out.

On the way out in the middle of the dunes, one of the cars decided not to give any power anymore, a plan was set to pull it out, and Hamour80 with his golden V8 LC stepped for the rescue, choosing a flat track was tricky, but we managed to get the car out safe; and as our movement was slow and some members had prior commitment, we divided the group, where IDO lead the group out supported by Ghass as the sweeper.

With one stuck, few second tries and one faulty car at the end, nothing worth mentioning except the GLORIOUS group we had, thanks everyone for joining.

- IDO, you chose an excellent track to suit everyone, good job, your skills in reading the dunes and track choice are getting sharpened every week, get ready for the next fun ;)
- Mosalf, skills improving, driving improved from last time, gave extra distance when requested, excellent listening skills, remember, you are not stuck till you actually can't move ;)
- The_Lover, it was pleasure having you in the trip, hope you join us more often, interesting fault what happened to the car, luckily it got sorted on its own, although the hard way, it's better to have a full check on it.
- Hamour80, nice to have you back, great driver and great car, MASHALLA, thanks a lot for your help.
- NID, nice driving, the more you know your car, the more you can achieve with it, you are on the right track.
- Bado, nice driving, nice control, thanks for staying to support, appreciated.
- Ghass, the sweeper of the trip, thanks my friend, you did a great job and I surely can count on you.

YOU ALL DID GREAT :D

Till next time, drive safe.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Report: Another Glorious Day.. 02/11/2012

Post by Dune_Phantom »

@Lover, Thanks buddy, you were supporting me always and giving good tips. Very happy to note that your car was ok in the end.

Glorious day indeed with DH and IDO in the lead. Thanks DH, indeed, I learnt that the FJ has good built in facilities which ensures getting unstuck. I learnt how to use the car better and I guess every time we go out each time the driver gets modified.

Great fun and "all's well that ends well" to a glorious day after all.
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Ghass
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghass »

Thx DH for this great day. It was really fun especially when we gather and chat.
"The-Lover" i hope ur car get better soon to see u again in the sand.
IDO it was really a good track especially the last 20 mins. it was nice driving with you.

Nice to meet you all.
looking forward to see u soon in the sand.
Simplicity is the mother of beauty

Bado
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bado »

Hey DH

thx for the fun safe trip, enjoyed every minute, thx for giving me the chance to play safely a bit at the back ;) was my pleasure to support anytime Mo

IDO, GHASSAN THX alot for the lead and sweep

and nice meeting all the news faces on the trip was fun riding with all of you

peace
see ya soon on the sand

The_LoVeR
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by The_LoVeR »

heey ..
thnx for the support and the help boo hoo xD stupid car worked just fine after i washed at and arrived to al Futtaim dealer .. ! .. gonna check it up mostly i think it's the ignition coils ! .. anyhow thanks bado for staying w for the cake and the watermelon xD .. was good .. mosalf good job man glad to help u .. hope to see u all soon ..

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

thanks desert_hawk for arranging the large group of newbies....and it was just awesome to see so many people at the ADNOC Sweihan, reminds me of the good old days.

As for the second group, i had a great time with good bunch of drivers....we drove smoothly through the sweihan dunes, trying a bit technical stuff to hopefully learn how to balance our cars on the dunes...and then met up with the first group at a tree. But not after a nice demo stuck for which a hawk came to see...

We drove hastily back to the exit gate in order to catch Friday prayers, all the while practicing the skill done slowly in the first part but a 'bit' faster. I am pleased to say everyone did nicely.

MLC, thanks for being my second lead.
Desert_dawg aka DD nicely done...frankie held up well...and he chose a nice spot too ;) that driver did a good job too
Scotchyl, excellent driving...you were one with the convoy
Krys999, nice driving with you...thankyou for controlling that beast
Muzzamil, great improvement in driving, just need to find the sweet spot of tire pressure, Low vs High and gear and that will come in due course.
Ihab, well done
Abu_ghazi, thanks for sweeping everyone at the back including me :D
Chafiq, nice seeing the V8 monster!

have a good work week!

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

Thank you DH and Waqar for organising the trips. it was fantastic to catch up with some old and some new friends at the ADNOC before the trip and all the smiles were a great start to the day.

The trip with Waqar was a very good drive with a real mix of dunes and techniques and for sure the tyre pressure was something new to consider. i think we all gained a few PSI even before mid trip. The dunes were very inviting and offered some soft areas and some more harder sand and constant attention to the dunes was needed to pre empt the changing conditions. Throughly enjoyed the technical start and learnt more about the car and how to carry momentum without needing to press for more power - Thanks waqar for the tips during the trip.

I had a great time and learnt alot on the trip and in a newer area of sweihan.

It was a great sight at the end pulling into a very busy "AD4x4" petrol station with so many cars and happy people from their drives. the chatting at the end was a great opportunity to catch up and exchange thoughts and stories from the trips and enjoy the AD4x4 family to its maximum.

(may have some video later in the week)

Thanks to all for being there and making it a great day.

Now i have some new boots (from Cooper STT to Cooper AT3, look forward to challenging the sand with a lot less digging and direct power to the sand via traction before the party. hope to see you all there.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

It was really a great pleasure to see you all at ADNOC after we finished our trip. I always enjoy the meeting chit chat and the watermellon was really delicious

Thank you all
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

IDO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by IDO »

Thanks DH for the glorious fay trip, it was a lot of fun leading part of the trip
DH, another thanks for trusting me in leading the group back to the petrol station, it was a different experience all together.
Mosalf, it was great seeing driving you brand new FJ
- The_LoVer, it was a pleasure meeting you, it is a good thing that your car problem wasn't a big deal.
- Hamour80, nice to see you again, next time you will be designated the rescue vehicle for the trip.
- NID, it was great meeting you, cant wait to see what you are going to be doing for the TJ.
- Bado, it was nice to meet you and Mabrook for the upgrade
- Ghass, thanks for being the sweeper, second lead and sweeper again.

Ihab
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ihab »

It was really Glorious day full of fun. So happy to meet with old friends after long time. Many thanks to DH and Waqar. Our trip was fantastic with a lot of techniques over the dunes . Many thanks to you waqar and to all the team.
Wish to see you again soon :D

Bado
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Bado »

[quote="The_LoVeR"]heey ..
anyhow thanks bado for staying w for the cake and the watermelon xD

The_Lover anytime dude i don't keep any men behind :D and sahtein glad that ur car was ok see you soon on the sand

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

A truly glorious day - many thanks to DH and Waq for arranging it so well and to everyone who attended for making it a perfect Friday!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

Abu Ghazi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abu Ghazi »

Hey everybody,

Many thanks to DH & Waqar for the wonderful trip, it was so much fun from the minute I parked at the petrol station till the last second of the trip, the track Waqar chose was so exiting with so many technical areas.

Thanks Waqar for the sweeping opportunity which I really enjoyed.

It was really nice to see a lot of our friends in the desert for one more time & it was my pleasure meeting all the new family members who I never met before.

Hope to see you all soon, have a nice week ahead.
Trips counter:
Old rules: ANIT (1+2 as assistant), Newbie (14), Intermediate (13) One Liwa,
New rules: ANIT (2 as assistant), Newbie (2), Intermediate (9), Advance (7) One Liwa
Trips led:
New rules: Newbie (0), Intermediate (5), Advance (0)

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

For me it was a GREAT premiere trip in MANY aspects ! :sunny:

1. First trip this season
2. First trip with sluggy
3. First Trip under Waqar's/Mo's lead ;)
4. First time meeting with so many NICE new(er) members

LOTS of joy in the back there with Abu Ghazi :twisted:

... and Sluggy babe behaved ... except a small itch ... had to cool the pwersteering down after some show off play. But nothing critical ...

THANKS guys ... was a pleasure to be with you that day!
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

muzammils

Post by muzammils »

What a great weekend, I love the trip Waqar you have a done a great job to crafting a great route You all are rock!
Thanks DH for Orgnizing the trip... I am sure to see you all again on the sand again.

Muzammils
Nissan Patrol SWB