Report Jeeps do Rocks of Hatta

All reports about trips and events
khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

What a blast, superb trip with AD4x4 family.

After meeting on time and heading towards the borders then Oman checkpoint took the way to the entry waypoint shared by Wwadi and started the trip.

All deflated, all sway bar disconnected (yeah this is not gravel road trip) cameras ready and trip starts, we had no side cresting, no dune cresting, no tire popouts but had to stop at tricky places and negotiate the big rocks trying to avoid damage to the cars. And yes we did use the winch when one of the jeeps decided to sit on a big rock tires spinning freely hehehehehehe

We kept on driving on the trail regardless to the dificulties till we reached an absolute deadend where mountains meet... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: back we head crossing the trail in the opposite direction till we decided to stop and rest. Lots of discussions about the vehicles upgrades etc and the rock trails, we also had a quick hike planing next trip area :idea: :idea:

Then pack and head outside to inflate and drive back home.

I personally appreciate the technical driving on rocks much more than sand dunes although each terrain has its beauty and tricks. For those who like true rock crawling, keep an eye for next trip.

I would like to thank again Wwadi for sharing the location points and Zak for joining the trip and doing what many jeepers cannot do. Gladiator hope next time you can continue to enjoy the taste of crawling.

Pics I have already posted on my FB page awaiting the pics by Zak and Wwadi. Videos will take few delays till I complete processing.

Thanks again to all who joined. Other members who cancelled or couldn't join this time will have similar trip very very soon.

Regards,
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

ZAK

Re: Report Jeeps do Rocks of Hatta

Post by ZAK »

What a great Trip.. Rocks was Rooooocking :D

Thanks Khaiwi for Leading this wonderful trip.. its really one of the best I ever joined. The track recommended by Walid was really amazing one.. and its lead to more coming exploration trips around this route.

All Jeeprs: if you didn't try the Rock Crawling before then you missed all the fun 8-)

Thanks again for Khaiwi and Walid for the day end closing with a great technical discussion ..

Lets Roocks with OIIIIIO

Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abdul Qadir »

Dear Marshal Khaiwi,

Is it possible a newbie trip in that area.

Regards

The way we see the problem is the problem.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Well skills level on sand is totally a different ball game and I would be announcing the next trip on newbie so everyone can see however, equipped vehicles would be e criteria .

Regards

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abdul Qadir »

khaiwi wrote:Well skills level on sand is totally a different ball game and I would be announcing the next trip on newbie so everyone can see however, equipped vehicles would be e criteria .

Regards

Thank you very much, hope I can join the rookie trip.

The way we see the problem is the problem.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

khaiwi wrote:Well skills level on sand is totally a different ball game and I would be announcing the next trip on newbie so everyone can see however, equipped vehicles would be e criteria .

Regards
Chief, are stock FJ's capable Of crawling? FJ here are not equipped with a "crawl" gear or that's what i was told. :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Technically speaking, any 4x4 is "crawl capable" however clearance, departure and approach angles, vulnerable parts to rocks being body parts or mechanical parts is the main concern.

I would prefer vehicles joining my trips on rocks to have 2" lift, and have the right expectation of possible rock sliding at one point or another. In concept its aS simple as going to the sand and not expecting to have sand in the engine compartment or in other parts of the car.

wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wwadi »

I must say this was an awesome trip and experience.
Sad that Gladiator had to turn back, hopefully he can join us next time.

I have to thank Chief for sharing your guidance, great spotting and expertise. And ofcourse most importantly for the winch :mrgreen:
I think my jeep enjoyed all the lazy work and being winched out haha. at one point i honestly thought i was stuck between the rocks...haha... but the MONSTER was there to the rescue :twisted:

I also have to thank ZAK and Ahmed (was passenger) for the great spotting as well, got me through some very rough terrain. it was great meeting you guys.

Overall the trip was fantastic, and i highly recommended for anyone that doesnt mind a new custom rock rash paint job on his/her rig..haha jk...ok maybe a little. We had a nice time, challenging but fun terrain, most importantly great company and great discussion. I learnt a few things about suspension engineering from our discussion. :ugeek:

My advice for your rigs (especially long wheel base rigs) is to get your self some rock rails, cheap investment considering the amount of protection they provide. I installed mine a few days before the trip, (rugged ridge rocker guards) they worked well, the only problem is you lose clearance from the SIDE only. This got me hung up once or twice on a few rocks. Looking forward for the next trip to be announced, my jeep is locked and loaded with the camping gear for that route Chief.

ZAK , just a reminder to send me the images and vids on drop box so i can pass them to Chief.

Chief, let me know when you want to meet up so ill give you the videos and images. ( i will be posting them on my Facebook page as well)

cheers,
Walid

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Am glad that you all have enjoyed the trip and looking forward to another one very soon.

I am a phone call away once you have a copy of the media on a CD if possible .

Till next trip.

ZAK

Post by ZAK »

Hi
I already uploaded the pics/clips to my dropbox and shared the link at your emails (Khaiwi/Walid)

Colonel
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Colonel »

Hi Khaiwi,

That sounds like a great trip, and Its unfortunate that I have missed it.
Please let me know when you have a new trip, I used to do that back home in lebanon, but not in a professional manner, thus i would love to join next time.
I have a lifted JK, but it i dont have any skid plates installed, so is it ok or i should fix it before?

thnakyou...
Colonel
Ford F150 FX4
5.0 V8, rear diff lock, skid plates, 6 inch lift kit, 35" tires, full Roush exhaust system and more than 33.7 items on the wish-list...

wwadi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wwadi »

Hi colonel,
Indeed it was great trip. Hopefully u can join us next time. stock skid plates hold just fine.
U don't need skid plates. But if u have 4dr then, I strongly advise Rock rails to protect body, and pinch seam.
It's also advisable for 4 dr but Zak and chief managed without them. However I needed it since I have a jk 4dr.
Hope this helps
Cheers,
Walid

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

ZAK wrote:Hi
I already uploaded the pics/clips to my dropbox and shared the link at your emails (Khaiwi/Walid)
When I click on the link, it opens the Dropbox but says the location is empty, can you pls doublecheck.

Thanks again

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

khaiwi wrote:Technically speaking, any 4x4 is "crawl capable" however clearance, departure and approach angles, vulnerable parts to rocks being body parts or mechanical parts is the main concern.

I would prefer vehicles joining my trips on rocks to have 2" lift, and have the right expectation of possible rock sliding at one point or another. In concept its aS simple as going to the sand and not expecting to have sand in the engine compartment or in other parts of the car.
Thanks chief. Would like to join in as a pax if you don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D