Intermediates- Rock and Roll thur Sweihan (20-3-2020)

All reports about trips and events
Tony007
Marshal
Marshal

Intermediates- Rock and Roll thur Sweihan (20-3-2020)

Post by Tony007 »

Trip supported by:

Marshals: Emdoc
PearlyGates59

Explorers: Chris

Advance: Kharadly

Intermediate Drivers:

Bisharbn
Philippe
Matts
Mytommi
Jungling
Alexanderlea

Everyone met at the deflation point mostly on time with a slight delay with one driver. Thank you for contacting me letting me know.
Deflated, Flags up and briefing done the convoy was set up with Bisharbn as my 2nd lead and Kharadly as the official sweeper with the rest of the Intermediates in between. Marshals Emdoc and PearlyGates59 and Explore Chris keeping a keen eye from the sides.

We headed off into the dunes from Gate 12 to begin our warm up with small side slopes for everyone to get good and warmed up. We made our way thur the desert in my own safari style moving in and out, up and down every dune I can find. Everyone was driving very well with no issues so I increased the level as the day continued. On the way to a tree where I had a break planned we stop and a nice dune with a big slipface to give the Intermediates a chance to practice side slopping on it to get used to there vehicles and understanding to listen to their cars engines and knowing when to turn down. All did everything perfectly and safely.

After a short trip thur some technical areas where the big trucks I think weren't having the greatest time LOL! We made it the Tree stop for our break to give everyone time to relax before we continued for the last part of the trip.

We set off across the gatch and back in the more open due to keep the trucks happy we moved at a good pace and then it happened while attempting to straight crest a dune we had finally got 1 stuck but a driver (happened to be myself) seemed like a good time for a demonstration stuck :-) I allowed Bishabn to perform the recovery to give him a little more practice.

Shortly after we set off again on a change of course Alexanderlea's truck decided it had enough and decided to break a coolant hose. This was fixed in a timely manner by Junglings passenger who happened to be a mechanic (thank you very much to your passenger Junglings) Once repaired Chris led Alexandrelea out to the BBq point so he can go and get his truck sorted. We continued with the drive for the last hour making our way to the bbq point with no other issues.

Thank you everyone for joining and glad all have a great time. I look forward to driving with you all again.

Thank you again to the Support team for joining to assist and help being my eyes on the convoy.

See you all again soon. Have a great week ahead and stay safe.

regards,
Tony007
Anthony B. Allen
+971501628354
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU

Matts
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Intermediates- Rock and Roll thur Sweihan (20-3-2020)

Post by Matts »

Great day for side sloping. Thanks Tony for well laid out track. A mix of side sloping and a little bit of technical drive.

Matts

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Post by EmDoc »

Thanks Tony for a fine track that allowed all drivers to practice skills and control of their vehicles.

Till next time

Kharadly
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kharadly »

Thanks Tony, looking forward to more trips..

Alexanderlea
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Alexanderlea »

Great trip, really enjoyed it.

Truck made it back to Dubai in one piece, what are the odds there was a mechanic on the trip! Feeling very lucky.

Al

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

Great morning in the dunes, thanks to Tony and the support team. Really enjoyed the relaxing track.
Thomas