Newbie trip - Celebrating 600 Adventures with Chief Marshal Khaiwi 22 Jan Report Convoy 1

All reports about trips and events
Tony007
Marshal
Marshal

Newbie trip - Celebrating 600 Adventures with Chief Marshal Khaiwi 22 Jan Report Convoy 1

Post by Tony007 »

Trip lead: Tony007

Support Marshals:
omar_kid77 (Convoy 2)
irfpk (sweeper)

Intermediate:
wwadi (2nd Lead)

Newbies:
rajeshas74
ShaanibMi
Windy
KjellD
Sulane1977
Owlesy
Ajay

This report will be for Convoy 1. Omar_kid77 will add his report for convoy 2.

First Congrats to Chief Marshal Khaiwi for this great milestone of 600 Adventures Trips. Way to go Chief lets keep it going.
Thanks also to Scorpionita for organising this great all levels trip.

We all met at the meeting point on time. There was a few members who didn't show up (Please if you are not going to make it let the trip lead know so we don't delay trip longer than needed).

With the help of Marshal irfpk we moved all the members of the trip to an open area to separate us from the rest of the members of the other groups . We then proceeded with the safety briefing and convoy setup. We started off into the dunes and strait away a small bowl was found and that's where the fun started. After a few 2nd tries I decided to change the route for the others to avoid this small bowl. We then continued for a short distance when we got our first stuck on the first straight crest. At the request of Owlesy I allowed him to do the recovery so he can get the practice. Owlesy did a great job recovering the Jeep off the crest.

We continued further into the desert moving nicely with everyone was driving nicely with a only a few 2nd tries here and there. We found a nice spot for a break where we were joined by Bisho's advanced trip and the members got to watch as they demonstrated advanced driving skills. After the break we did our first big decent 1 car at a time with Marshal irfpk assisting each member. We arrived at another big dune where we had some more fun challenges with a couple stuck's (self recoveries) and 2nd tries and a track change.

Once we all gathered again we continued on a different track where we met out 2nd big decent to give the drivers practice in vehicle control. After our last break since everyone was driving really good I decided to increase the level a little while making our way to the bbq spot. Again everyone did very well and handled every fun I gave them so they can learn more and gain the confidence they need to continue on future trips.

As this was my 1st time going to the new bbq spot I let Marshal Irfan take the lead the last 2 kilometres since he knew that area where the spot was.

Thank you Marshal Irfan for your great support always and giving good advice to all the members when needs.
Thank you Marshal Omar for taking the 2nd convoy.

All newbies I am very impressed with your driving and I hope you all learned a lot and gained the confidence in driving and handling your vehicle and its capabilities. Every drive should be a learning experience and it is always my goal to fun each and every driver in a safe and controlled manner.

Again congrats to Chief Khaiwi. And Thanks again to Scorpionita for this event.

Have a great week everyone and hope to see you all again in the sand soon.

Tony007
Anthony B. Allen
+971501628354
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU

irfpk
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Newbie trip - Celebrating 600 Adventures with Chief Marshal Khaiwi 22 Jan Report Convoy 1

Post by irfpk »

Thanks Tony for organizing and leading Newbies on Chief's 600 trips celebrations. Nice track selection, Challenging but safe.
All fellow drivers performed well, followed advice, where given. I hope everybody enjoyed the day and improved newbie level skills.
Congratulations Chief Khaiwi.
Thanks Scorionita for organising mega event.
We all enjoyed BBQ and Kunafa after the drive. It was another enjoyable day to remember.
Thanks Adiga, Pshasha for delicious kunafa.
Bisho, as always everywhere; Thank you so much for your efforts.
Special Thanks to Marshal Tilki coming all the way from Dubai for joining this event.

omar_kid77
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Newbie trip - Celebrating 600 Adventures with Chief Marshal Khaiwi 22 Jan Report Convoy 1

Post by omar_kid77 »

Thanks Tony for the giving to lead second newbie convoy on the celebration our chief 600 trips.
Again was pleasure seeing all fellows and old friends.

Thanks to all, see you soon in the dune.
It's not the car, it's the driver WHO can make it.
Omar Daoud 050 4120334

Christohe
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Christohe »

Thanks to all organizer. It was a great day. Thank you omarkid77 for the trip

Sulane1977
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sulane1977 »

Thanks so much Tony, for your support and great leadership! Not only did you lead us on a fun trip, but displayed great diplomacy with more demanding members on the trip. Keep it up! I hope to join you again soon on another drive in the near future.