Newbie Razeen-Arabian Nights

All reports about trips and events
loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Newbie Razeen-Arabian Nights

Post by loefflmj1 »

Drivers: Ahmed (sweep), Awais and Rodi (2nd lead). Exploratory trip - thanks guys for assisting with my goal. Proved newbies can do Razeen and around the Arabian nights area. Soft sand and a few technical challenges but drivers did amazing and did extremely well. Capable team today. Deflated at Arabian nights village access gatch road off of Razeen street. Entered dunes south of gatch and found great fresh virgin sand, no tracks like other heavily abused areas. Perfect area for ntermediates. Saw gazelles and wild camels. Couple stucks. Crossed gatch and tired area north of gatch about 10 km East of Arabian villages but was stymied by the lack of safe East-west passages for Newbies. Dunes ran north south and literally were walls of sand wherever I tried. Note advanced technical trip would be good here.
Tried further east and found better East west travel but still quite Technical and challenging for newbies. Had enough and decided to go check out Razeen East of Razeen road, south of the stables before sun set. Also A pretty good Newbie area. 45 min from Abu dhabi To deflate.
Proud of these guys, drove really well, will be intermediates soon I sure.
Marshal Mark