Exploring Razeen - Newbie 1-Feb Late Aftrn

All reports about trips and events
loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Exploring Razeen - Newbie 1-Feb Late Aftrn

Post by loefflmj1 »

Drivers: Fraser (2nd Lead), Shajumon, Ahmed Metwally, Praveen, Ahmed Soufan, Tareq (shared sweep) and Fawzi (shared sweep).
Pretty good drive and great information gathering. We started out at first roundabout on Razeen from truck road on the east side. Small area but plenty of room for us. Soft sand and a few camels but mission accomplished, newbie drives can be done here. With sand a bit soft, probably not an ANIT. Intermediates ok here but you might feel the squeeze of the size. Drivers did well, had just a quick stuck by newbie, but what took the most time was our advanced support team who got stuck together. headed south through the pens and across some black top and headed into another area that was even better, smooth slopes and pretty nice dunes. Intermediates would do the best here. Newbies fine too but Int would have some fun inbetween the peaks. Fresh sand and hardly any tracks. Very nice. The best really of the day. Headed to gatch and hit Razeen street to move further south. Couldn't reach area #2 on my list as in this area you cannot cross Razeen street medium. So we kept on the east side and hit some taller stuff, a bit challenging but it was open and not that technical. Headed east along gatch, rounded the corner of farm and headed south to another open area fenced in but Fraser found a gap so we shot through it. Not a bad area but not that desirable, bushy a bit and a few old fences. Then it turned really technical but actually kinda of fun. Excellent work by the drivers. All did super well and kept up. A few second tries but nothing major. shajumon impressed me with his ability to keep up the pace and I saw a huge improvement over the last time I was with him over in Khatim. fraser did an awesome job at second lead and communicated very well with immediate confirmation that he heard me when track needed to change which was quite often due to all areas tricky spots. Ahmed M. did well, haven't driven with him before but he proved very capable and ready for much more challenging newbie rides. Praveen's got a real nice Lexus outfitted well for the desert, nice front end and lift. Couple of second tries but wow, impressive as well. Ahmed S. is steady as a rock, no issues there, the guy is an intermediate soon for sure. always ready to assist and ready for some more difficult areas. I don't have to keep my eye on him for sure. Tareq and Fawzi well after the initial debacle redeemed themselves and really lent a hand when second tries were needed and I was ahead and not able to assist. I could hear how well they coached. I'd prefer a little more dialogue from them in the future to keep me informed but they did great and it was satisfying knowing they could handle the load. It was much appreciated to have some advanced help out there.
All in a days work. More explorations to come, I hope they all can make it.
Marshal Mark

Ayfas
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Exploring Razeen - Newbie 1-Feb Late Aftrn

Post by Ayfas »

Thank you Mr Mark for your encouraging words. It was real fun and a lot of learning done.
Regards

Shajumon.
Ayfas - Offroader. A proud AD4x4 Member.