Al qudra to Solar plant

All reports about trips and events
Cannonball
Advanced
Advanced

Al qudra to Solar plant

Post by Cannonball »

Six of us met at the south side of Al Qudra to deflate and go on a drive which offered a lot of different terrains and required differently skills.

My second lead was Sohail, followed by Sunet, Shaanib, Imran and Gabor my always reliable support.

We set off on the gatch road, took it easy and then turned left into the smaller dunes. After 15 minutes I started to cross dunes instead of driving only in between and we had a pretty technical drive. After that bee found some nice long dunes we could cruise along, from there we crossed the flat area and had a very difficult stretch with a lot of small bowls and crests.
Along the way we had a few sticks and a lot of self recoveries.

Guys you all did exceptionally well

Cu soon in the sand

Cannonball / Chris
---
Jeep JK 2016

Imraanm
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Al qudra to Solar plant

Post by Imraanm »

Thanks all for a great trip yesterday, especially Chris and Garbo for guiding us through it properly and safely. The drive was probably the most technical i’ve done so far. Lots of straight cresting over small dunes on soft sand with little to no space between them so keeping momentum while changing direction and then going over another dune in quick succession was required. Tried a few new things - like doing a Rainbow in a higher gear and then driving in 4Low for a bit.

Sulane1977
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sulane1977 »

I cannot thank you guys enough! My favourite trip so far. Thanks for the never ending and VERY good advice.

ShaanibMi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ShaanibMi »

It was a wonderful trip. gained a lot of confidence to jump to intermediate. thank you so much. :)
Regards,
Shaanib