INT - Explore 20-75 6FEB AM

All reports about trips and events
loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

INT - Explore 20-75 6FEB AM

Post by loefflmj1 »

Drivers: Christophe, Syed (Afzal), Senigal, sooraj and me. New set of dunes for me never been and neither had others. Met at Mearad ADNOC. Exchanged some recipes. Entered gate 11km from ADNOC off of E20 on of course south side. Immediately discovered very challenging technical dunes up high. This area is the most difficult of the set of dune. This is where the action is for advanced intermediates as well as not a bad place for advance drivers as well looking for a different type of dune. A few previous tracks in places, you could tell fro skilled advanced drivers. We did not follow exactly. Two or three good stucks and recoveries. Windy as heck. As we progressed East, it opened up a bit and we gained speed and practiced on one nice side slope area. Perfect to learn how to side crest but fun for a long sweep as an intermediate. Crisscrossed a little bit as the dunes began to narrow, back tracked a couple fun spots to do again. Made it to East most gate at E75.
Drivers really did great. Two recently promoted intermediates Christophe and Senigal showed off their abilities, I could tell they had things under control and really drove better than their trip number would suggest. I liked this area and would go back. Well I did about an hour later with newbies.
Next time with intermediates we will start a little more to west and you can go East west, east west two or three times as the dune set is not wide but wide enough to for about three passes without doing crossing the same track. That would make it a good 2.5 to 3 hour trip. ADNOC is 30 min from al Raha. And gate is only 11km from ADNOC. Proved to me not bad clean sand that’s challenging can be had closer to AD than normal Sweihan.
thanks guys. Let’s do it again.
Marshal Mark

sooraj3000
Advanced
Advanced

Re: INT - Explore 20-75 6FEB AM

Post by sooraj3000 »

Thanks Mark for a great morning adventure. Definitely loved the proximity to Abu Dhabi.