Newbie Explore 20-75 Feb6 - Team PM new newbies

All reports about trips and events
loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

Newbie Explore 20-75 Feb6 - Team PM new newbies

Post by loefflmj1 »

Start time 2:30pm
Part II of Newbie Exploration trip. Team PM - less but actually quite capable new newbie group.
Drivers: Aamir, Sini, Subhash, Divi,Talha, tabrez, Suhas, Mohamed A, Ciby, Derek, Shaju, Chris, Azeem, Mohammed M, and Umar and Azfal for support.
Wow - I really had fun. 6th and final trip in 3 days. Was the best. Really friendly people. Came interested and eager to learn some from other 4x4 groups. So I figured keep a good thing going, went to same set of dune even tho original plan was to go to Sweihan pond from E75. Seemed s little ambitious so made the right call to keep to south of E20 / west of E75 dune set. Kept about the same track as AM trip with a few new twists and turns. Practiced straight cresting and ascents and descents. A few second tries, a couple of stucks. Newbies recovering newbies. It was awesome. New experiences for Talha and my new friend Matouk.great job on those recoveries. Were there more? Let me know. Lessons learned to keep speed up when at an angle to avoid trouble spots. One very minor side slope up only tripped up one driver. A good break and people were happy. I could feel it. Really nice family trip ina pretty good area although not the most beautiful area, with the truck road to south and some construction and gravel but I think the closeness to AD makes up for it. I wish it wasn’t so trashy here and there from campers and bbq folks but it is pretty accessible to lots of people so we will get that. For the most part, clean sand not many tracks and if it hadn’t been for AM trip there wouldn’t have been any in some spots.
Thanks everyone. Thanks intermediates. Thanks Umar for a great sweep and communication. Excellent. And big thank you to Mohammed Matouk for his kindness and generosity. I’m humbled by the beauty of all you people.
Marshal Mark

Eagle
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Newbie Explore 20-75 Feb6 - Team PM new newbies

Post by Eagle »

Welcome Mark! Thanks for organizing the ride.

Regards