INT - Night E20 North Tilal to E75

All reports about trips and events
loefflmj1
Marshal
Marshal

INT - Night E20 North Tilal to E75

Post by loefflmj1 »

Drivers: Ahmed D, Davor, Paola, REJI, Azfal, Tommi
Thank you drivers for bearing with me while we essentially retraced the PM newbie trip except we went East to west. Met at Tilal Sweihan farm gate north of E20. After prep and briefing, radio check and convoy order we to the dirt track north up to a good entry point. You are met with old crisscross of gravel and rock roads partially swept over with sand but not for very long.
I was very enthusiastic about this area and set of dunes however the desert decided to change just like day turned into night. I bragged how awesome the day trip went and was excited to show off this new found area which is pretty ideal for intermediates but the night brought on a few more bushes and bumps I did not expect. I did deviate slightly but in general was pretty close to newbie track. Oh well. We were out there and having a good time. The drivers did really well. One intermediate who was there on his first intermediate trip had some issues but all were learning moments and I’m just glad he continued to take on the challenges. Flow was ok. Level was kept low for safety. Had a stuck or two. Several participated in recoveries. Pathfinders can handle vehicles almost twice their weight! It was a pleasure to meet Ahmed for the first time. Enjoyed the company and the challenges. I think I’ll stick to daytime there but I’m willing to give it another try at night as well. Thanks everyone. Appreciate your patience and I promise an even better track next time. I’m planning on there being a next time. Good group, helpful and good night drivers. Thanks Paolo for sweep and Tommi for second lead. Appreciate the support and good communication.
Marshal Mark

Koona
Advanced
Advanced

Re: INT - Night E20 North Tilal to E75

Post by Koona »

Dear Mark,

AS always, it was a big pleasure driving with you.
Nissan Pathfinder 2005

Reji
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reji »

It was my first intermediate and first night drive.. Thanks Mark and all others for  your kind care..

Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Mytommi »

Thanks Mark for guiding us safely through the night.