All reports about trips and events
EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Mellow midweek advance: 31/03/21

Post by EmDoc »

Lead: EmDoc,
Adventurous Advance: Ahmed (part lead) Florian, John & Matt

We met at 3, set convoy order with Ahmed as second lead, followed by Florian, Matt and John as sweeper, and quickly got under way. After a brief warm up we started practicing different sidecresting styles on various shaped and height dunes with breaks to chat and discuss technique. Ahmed then took control for a part lead and led us to the well known rest trees of Khazna. After a chat and some refreshments we headed back at a faster pace playing on crests and practicing controlled drifting. We arrived at the inflation point at 6:30 happy with a nice afternoon's fun in the sand.

Well done to all, thanks to Ahmed for a solid second lead and a very enjoyable part lead, and to John for great sweeping and making sure all was good at the back.

Till next time
Michael

JustAhmedo
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Mellow midweek advance: 31/03/21

Post by JustAhmedo »

Your trips is like going to school, Everytime I have to learn something new. The techniques in side slope going to the dips to gain momentum, the way you read and explain the dunes in each area and mostly the part lead.

Thank you EmDoc for the lovely trip and especially for the part lead. This is one of the trips i will always remember.
You can shake the desert sand from my shoes, but not from my soul

Just Ahmedo

Matts
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Mellow midweek advance: 31/03/21

Post by Matts »

As always Mike. It was an exciting trip. Learned a lot and will still continue to learn. Looking forward to your trips Ahmed. To the rest of the guys. John, Florian and Gael. Thanks for the pleasant trip. 😊👍🏼