Newbie Drive with Isham - Al Khazna

All reports about trips and events
isham66
Marshal
Marshal

Newbie Drive with Isham - Al Khazna

Post by isham66 »

Newbie Trip at Al Khazna PM 9th April – Trip Report

Amr gave a detailed briefing to my convoy and his convoy. I followed with a shorter briefing for my convoy. We started at 1500 at Al Khazna deflation point. 25 cars were split into 3 convoys lead by Amr, Hadi and myself, with my Co-Pilot AJ - thank you AJ!

My convoy:
Lead: Isham
Second Lead: Rami
Sweeper: Darren
Team: Dion, Gerhard, Chrismon, Talha, Paul

I had Rami as my second lead, Darren as sweeper and newbies in between.

We started the drive by taking the drivers to the technical side to check how the drivers are coping, all did very well. I then took them to the higher dunes to test their gravity skills, again, they all demonstrated great skills and was able to change tracks easily when needed.

We did some high straight crest and went down deeply - again great effort by the team. A couple got stuck on straight crest and there were a few recoveries and second tries. We made our way to the tree cluster with a few breaks in between. From there, we drove to the pond and took some pics. We headed back to deflation point and got out around 1830.

All drivers did a great job. Thank you Rami for the great second lead and Darren for the great sweep. Dion, Gerhard, Chrismon, Talha and Paul - great driving from each of you.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon with more drives in the future.

Special thanks to AJ for providing extra guidance to the drivers when needed.

Take care all...

Isham66

cmj1388
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Newbie Drive with Isham - Al Khazna

Post by cmj1388 »

Thanks to Isham for the great day and guidance on pushing us on the max we can in this stage.....Special thanks on the decision to go back and find my lost number plate.... :)...

Thank you once again to all.

DCol
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by DCol »

Thank you Isham for the great drive, Nice challenging and learning experience!

Dazza
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Dazza »

Thanks Isham I really enjoyed this drive. My first time being sweeper so thanks for that opportunity too. Pretty easy job though as everyone was really focused on doing their best.

Hope to see you all again soon.