Wagan to Bu Tais Advance+ with mandatory camping

All reports about trips and events
Mytommi
Marshal
Marshal

Wagan to Bu Tais Advance+ with mandatory camping

Post by Mytommi »

Support:
Marshals Chris (Cannonball) and Michael (EmDoc)
Expert Kamran (Kamran143)
Advance Drivers:
Jean (CANTALOUBE) and Christophe (Christohe)

We all met in time at the Wagan Petrol station from where we moved to the deflation point. After the safety briefing we started our way into the beautiful dunes of the Wagan area.
We made our way through the dunes with the occasional break. At about 18:00 h we crossed a Sabkha to the next ridge of dunes to the North where we found a suitable camping spot. We had a great BBQ and a very pleasant evening until it was time to go to bed.

Sat morning we got up early and continued our journey further North to the star dunes area.
Unfortunately one driver had a technical issue with his car but the 2 Marshals safely guided him out of the desert. We then continued our trip but decided in view of the time not to stay in the star dunes as originally planned.

Eventually we made it safely to the deflation point and finished this very pleasant 2 day trip in time.
We had only one stuck, one pop-out and numerous second tries. All drivers did very well. Temperatures were very pleasing after 16:30 h and before 10:00 h in the morning

Special thanks to the supporting Marshals, Michael and Chris, for their support, advice and good mood.

I hope you liked it and will join me again in future trips…
Thanks
Mytommi

EmDoc
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Wagan to Bu Tais Advance+ with mandatory camping

Post by EmDoc »

Great trip Thomas, well organised and led. The views on the passage through were beautiful, the drive well paced and the camping was thoroughly enjoyable.

Definitely one to repeat, till next time
Michael

CANTALOUBE
Marshal
Marshal

Post by CANTALOUBE »

Thank you Thomas for this beautiful journey. Thanks also to Michael and Chris for their good advice and for keeping the convoy safe. I look forward to going back with you.
Jean.

Christohe
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Christohe »

hi thomas and everybody, it was a nice trips and we had fun at the summer camp. Good tracks and many issue but nothing unsurmountable.
you made a good job as a lead and the second lead kamran also. i m ready for the next event.
kristof.