All reports about trips and events
Octopus
Marshal
Marshal

Advance in Upper Butais Friday AM

Post by Octopus »

Participants

Zak - 4runner
Marshall Mark - FJ (Marshall Support and Sweeper)
Christophe - JK
Nick - JKU

Everyone found the meeting location easily and we conducted the safety briefing and discussed the plan for the trip. We started the route at the Southwestern corner of Upper Butais next to the gravel road. We headed in a Northeastern direction towards the big dunes of Upper Butais. Starting on the small dunes we practiced side cresting and navigating the area, slowly notching up the level as everyone got comfortable with the different maneuvers. By the time we reached the big dunes everyone was doing well and we had a play in that area enjoying the different challenges.

Only one stuck by myself from landing in a ditch otherwise everyone did well and drove excellent.

Big thank you to Mark for joining the trip and all the support and advice given throughout.
Thanks to Christophe for supporting and keeping a cool head throughout.
And well done to Nick for being so coachable, by the end of the drive you were driving like a veteran.

I hope you all enjoyed and I really appreciate your comments.

Until next time.

Zak

Christohe
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Advance in Upper Butais Friday AM

Post by Christohe »

this trip was really cool and smoothing.Good cresting , not to hard but not to easy.
I had a fear because i missed a crest and i jumped out.
I really like to drive with zak and mark,Zak leading was good and his advice also.
Nick was really good driver, he controlled very well( better than me).
Thanks mark to taking care all of us.
I m waiting for the next trip with you.

Thanks Zak.