Al Faya re-visited with Abdoo intermediate ++

All reports about trips and events
Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Al Faya re-visited with Abdoo intermediate ++

Post by Abdoo »

At 2:30 pm sharp, we met at Alfaya roundabout, and with no waste of time, tyres deflated, flags raised and action started right away.

Myself leading, Mahmoud as 2nd lead, emri, Abdulla kawar as sweeper, Sinan around the convoy.

Big bowls of al Faya was the first station where all kinds of straight cresting and side slopes were practiced, bowl entry and exit, and climbing some technical dunes.

After a few minute break, we crossed our way to fossil Rocks where members wetnessed recovery and pop out. And of course the timeless picture.

Then by 4:30 we headed to the super soft sand area where members practiced dealing with powder sand and steep descend over it, which was perfectly done.

Last phase of the trip I gave the lead to Abdulla, who lead the convoy perfectly in a level-suitable track towards khatam exit 2 in which our trip came to an end.

Highlights:
Emri and Mahmoud you have controlled your cars almost perfectly, though the track was a bit challenging at some point.

Abdulla, leading the convoy at the last stage was well done and track was suitable to members.

Sinan as always you were there for amazing support all the way.

Thank you all and the big smile I saw at the end of the trip was my award.

See you all again soon in the sand
Abdoo
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

SandSailor
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Al Faya re-visited with Abdoo intermediate ++

Post by SandSailor »

Thank you very much Abdoo for the great trip. Expectations full filled with a lot of learning and fun!

First time in that area. Big dunes, some ditches and technicals. It was a new environment and good practice of new skills including handling the car in super soft powder. Trying different gears during climbs, how to tackle acceleration vs jumping in bumpy areas where you need momentum and of course controlled descending in soft sand were some. A pop out, a tyre change and couple of recoveries were on top.

On my account, another unexpected stuck (but in styleπŸ€—) which was good learning given how soft the sand was (and a good photo opp πŸ˜…). Clearly driving in different areas is good learning practice and invaluable experience, but in a controlled safe manner, hence also a lot of fun (thats why we are doing this!). I gotta sort out the cam, lost a lot of good footage opps πŸ™.

Sinan, Abdulla, always a pleasure and good experience driving with you. Great smooth lead Abdulla on our way back, thanks again. Watching you guys what you do is both educational, but also inspirational (hmm ok thats what you need to do here, or not). Mahmood, same, pleasure driving with you.

I am sure I will see you gents soon on the sand again!

πŸœβš“οΈ
SandSailor
056 312 2200
Wrangler JKU

Abdoo
Marshal | Safety
Marshal | Safety

Post by Abdoo »

SandSailor wrote: ↑
Sat May 08, 2021 12:38 pm
Thank you very much Abdoo for the great trip. Expectations full filled with a lot of learning and fun!

First time in that area. Big dunes, some ditches and technicals. It was a new environment and good practice of new skills including handling the car in super soft powder. Trying different gears during climbs, how to tackle acceleration vs jumping in bumpy areas where you need momentum and of course controlled descending in soft sand were some. A pop out, a tyre change and couple of recoveries were on top.

On my account, another unexpected stuck (but in styleπŸ€—) which was good learning given how soft the sand was (and a good photo opp πŸ˜…). Clearly driving in different areas is good learning practice and invaluable experience, but in a controlled safe manner, hence also a lot of fun (thats why we are doing this!). I gotta sort out the cam, lost a lot of good footage opps πŸ™.

Sinan, Abdulla, always a pleasure and good experience driving with you. Great smooth lead Abdulla on our way back, thanks again. Watching you guys what you do is both educational, but also inspirational (hmm ok thats what you need to do here, or not). Mahmood, same, pleasure driving with you.

I am sure I will see you gents soon on the sand again!

πŸœβš“οΈ
Thank you emri for your valuable feedback, and yes, that was a different kind of sand where technicalities matters, we are gonna tackle that area again for sure in order to polish skills you already have.
It is never too late... Get up and buy a Jeep!!!

Abdo 0503020314

Abdallah
Expert
Expert

Post by Abdallah »

Thank you abdoo for the amazing trip ,
Was totally fun as usual..
thank you for the chance you give me to lead the convoy Out to al khatam exit !
Always pleasure to drive with you ( abdoo & sinan )
Emre and Mahmod you did great guys